TheBeeze

Phase 3 Discussion

17 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

Question:

Can we use boats to travel by sea using map blocks with no land? (e.g. A1 to A9)

Yes

You would have to conquer the squares in order to use them and move between them, just like on land. The only difference is you have to have builds on water.

And who doesn't love a good classic Naval Battle?

Just wanted to let you know, suddenly an opportunity arose for an apartment that was too good to pass up, so I'm putting everything on hold and will be occupied with the move from my parents place into the new apartment for a few weeks.

The timing is a bit off since right after that about a month from now starts my vacation so, then I'll have plenty of time to get my Lego hobby room/space set-up and get building again ha-ha.

Because of this I probably won't be able to keep track of the game very well until I get all the paperwork and physical work sorted out haha.

I'm also assuming I won't be able to complete the promised build in time because of all this, sorry team and sorry Beeze / admins.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

I'm also assuming I won't be able to complete the promised build in time because of all this, sorry team and sorry Beeze / admins.

No need to apologize, I just moved myself and am still getting my lego area setup. We'll still be here when you're ready. Best of luck with the move!

5 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

No need to apologize, I just moved myself and am still getting my lego area setup. We'll still be here when you're ready. Best of luck with the move!

Thanks! :laugh:

On 7/9/2021 at 7:40 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Just wanted to let you know, suddenly an opportunity arose for an apartment that was too good to pass up, so I'm putting everything on hold and will be occupied with the move from my parents place into the new apartment for a few weeks.

From 1998 until 2011 I had 4 movings... I know how it is :pir-murder:

3 hours ago, paintballman said:

From 1998 until 2011 I had 4 movings... I know how it is :pir-murder:

Haha, I was born in a flat and only ever moved when I was 4 with my parents to a terraced house. But the horror stories I have heard :tongue:

On 7/1/2021 at 12:25 AM, TheBeeze said:

minifigcat has generic black kneepads. 

For those who order from minifigcat, how long does it ussually take for your order to arrive?

It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't received yet.

edit* and their tracking number doesn't work incase anybody is wondering.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

4 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

For those who order from minifigcat, how long does it ussually take for your order to arrive?

It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't received yet.

edit* and their tracking number doesn't work incase anybody is wondering.

Really? In the past I happened to buy on American stores, including Minifigcat, but in three weeks they had already arrived, even if with the Italian bureaucratic and financial policy I often had to pay additional duties. Have you tried asking the post office? It sounds strange to me that your postal system (and in general that of the countries in your area) can have similar problems.:sceptic:

Usually I have stuff in a week in the US. They are out of Taiwan. Check your tracking info. 

19 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

Usually I have stuff in a week in the US. They are out of Taiwan. Check your tracking info. 

I've been given this tracking number, but my local postal service says it doesn't exist: RA830878880TW not sure if there is any other site to track it.

9 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I've been given this tracking number, but my local postal service says it doesn't exist: RA830878880TW not sure if there is any other site to track it.

I search on USPS, this code exist, BUT, it appears that the package has not yet been delivered to the US Postal Service, consequently there is no shipping update.

We are at the end of July just about. Do we want to extend the delay on moved and scoring into August? or combine August and September? Or back to business as usual? 

5 minutes ago, ParmBrick said:

I search on USPS, this code exist, BUT, it appears that the package has not yet been delivered to the US Postal Service, consequently there is no shipping update.

Beeze helped me, it appearantly did arrive at the Netherlands 6 days ago but it either hasn't gone through sorting yet or it is 'lost', although we have a pretty decent reliable postal service in the Netherlands and I haven't had it happen that a package got lost yet. But it is a possiblity.

1 minute ago, TheBeeze said:

We are at the end of July just about. Do we want to extend the delay on moved and scoring into August? or combine August and September? Or back to business as usual? 

Either way I will post my next build late August.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

Very strange ... So the package seems to be in your country, but not registered ... Come on, let's hope the situation unfolds favorably. As for the next round of the game, this one that is ending has been a good litmus test to see availability of each of us during the summer months. So I would opt to merge August and September together at this point, seeing who has played in this last period and who hasn't.

Anyone else wanna weigh in here on the schedule? Waiting to hear from you guys so I can make the best call for everyone. 

Gonna need forms for the next part either way. @Faladrin and @ParmBrick get your forms in when you have them.

3 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Anyone else wanna weigh in here on the schedule? Waiting to hear from you guys so I can make the best call for everyone. 

Gonna need forms for the next part either way. @Faladrin and @ParmBrick get your forms in when you have them.

Shouldn't we decide beforehand whether to actually make a single turn between August and September? In this way we would have a better overview of how to best organize ourselves.

On a side note, although it took a little over 3 weeks and I got spooked that the tracking info didn't work locally I did actually receive the Minifig Cat package today! :pir-huzzah1:

On 7/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, TheBeeze said:

I am just in time... Attack posted !

Lots of IRL stuff got my time but I'm on holidays now and I am preparing something huge for the few next days...

To our several friends in Greece, we wish you guys all the best right now and hope you're all doing well!

On 8/12/2021 at 4:57 AM, TheBeeze said:

To our several friends in Greece, we wish you guys all the best right now and hope you're all doing well!

Thank you . There are actually over 100 wildfires around the country, some of them extremmely colse to the capitol, Athens. Thank God there where no deaths!

That's pretty crazy. Do you know the root cause of the fires? In California, where I live, they recently arrested a guy that had started numerous ones this year.