TheBeeze

Phase 3 Discussion

I agree with ODA, the second option it seems more equitable and fair, as well as interesting from a conceptual point of view.

Since I'd like to join in anew from a fresh character, I'd like to share with you my opinion :

The Second option is quite fair and easy to come.

Though, I am less convinced by the strategical aspect of it : Does it means attacks can be lead by a single player alone ? Without any involvement of his faction ? I find it dangerous... Let me explain this : If a player is out of control within his faction it can turn the war into a chaos mayhem (we've seen Pirates players in BOBS trying to outrun the GMs and Factions' decisions and it can be hard to contain)

I would not like to see the game been destroyed by 1 or 2 little bad players.

Thank you for reading me. Hope we'll be back again in the Great Brick War !

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Since I'd like to join in anew from a fresh character, I'd like to share with you my opinion :

The Second option is quite fair and easy to come.

Though, I am less convinced by the strategical aspect of it : Does it means attacks can be lead by a single player alone ? Without any involvement of his faction ? I find it dangerous... Let me explain this : If a player is out of control within his faction it can turn the war into a chaos mayhem (we've seen Pirates players in BOBS trying to outrun the GMs and Factions' decisions and it can be hard to contain)

Thank you for reading me. Hope we'll be back again in the Great Brick War !

Yes, it is an aspect that must be taken into consideration, I already imagine that there must be a directing center for each faction, or a general command, where each member of that faction can coordinate with the others and decide how to act. I also think that there should be no competition in the same faction for the same territory, that is, it is decided together who attacks who and how such attacks are carried out, for example: in turn 4 "player x", "player y", "player z" of a faction wishing to attack territories, it is decided in a civil and democratic in the general command, way that "x" will attack territory A, "y" will attack territory B, and "z" will attack territory C, depending on their possibilities at that moment. Then at that point you can apply either one or the other conquest option mentioned above, or others that maybe come up in this discussion. Of course the competition remains the one that everyone must gain as many territories as possible to win in the end. Finally, I think there must be a bonus for the faction that wins the war, that is a small prize for each member of that winning faction, after all it was also thanks to them if that faction managed to win over the others.

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Thouh, I am less convinced by the strategical aspect of it : Does it means attacks can be lead by a single player alone ? Without any involvement of his faction ? I find it dangerous... Let me explain this : If a player is out of control within his faction it can turn the war into a chaos mayhem (we've seen Pirates players in BOBS trying to outrun the GMs and Factions' decisions and it can be hard to contain)

If you want, I would like to hear more about this "problem". Because as I see it, a player is able to attack to another one. In case his faction (more than one player) is involved, then the defensive player's faction can also involved. Even if it is more plausible, it is nightmare for a game as it needs much more numbers relations and rules.

As in a real alliance a country must inform and get confirmation for an attack. But this is an inside proccedure and always a player-country can do something different than his alliace policy

@Faladrin brings up a few good points. I think it would make sense for me to elaborate on a few things to give you an idea of where we will be coming from this time around to alleviate some potential concerns. 

Players are building both for their own success as well as their faction (and most importantly fun). Each faction will start out controlling either 2 or 3 squares (we haven't decided yet) and players will move out from there. Moving across the map will yield a lot of different things for players. Each conquered grid square will yield an income for both players and their factions. In addition there will be little bonuses on each square that are being laid out on the map in advance only known to the admins. These will be things ranging from free perks, in game money, side quests, etc. You might take over a square and earn a few bucks, or maybe you get contacted by an outside entity asking you to complete a task for them which earns you a reward, etc. The reason for this is to make even the most obscure and boring square worth going after. We want you guys to enjoy building and playing the game, not just rushing to the finish line. Factions, as far as the staff are concerned, are allowed to use all of their controlled squares. However, certain players may request things from their teammates for utilizing their squares. We will leave this up to the factions to discuss internally. Maybe one of your teammates wants a little bit of $$$ for you to stage an attack from their square; we won't stop this but do need to be notified. Both the factions and players will earn money from conquered squares.

The important piece to consider in the attack and defend situation is your supply line. In order for you to continue using conquered squares in the field, you must maintain a solid connection to that square. Example: your faction owns 3 squares in a row. The enemy attacks and conquers that middle square. Whichever square is no longer connected back to your supply line is now considered cut off. You cannot attack from that square nor will you earn anything from it. Your team will need to reestablish a connection to that square in order for it to be used again. Knowing about the supply line rule, we think this in itself may deter rogue players as they could potentially have their entire game shut down by losing a single square. It is also notable that we intend to offer some perks that will allow you to move around the map in a free manner at times, but there will be restrictions and this will be very limited. 

Right now we are envisioning having a team leader for each of the 3 factions (volunteers would be greatly appreciated) and having a movement cycle where players can attack squares within a certain time period. Players will not be restricted to making other builds and earning points/money but they will only be able to conquer so much at a time. We are looking at using a form submission strategy similar to the Pirates Game where players will discuss their moves within their faction first and the team leader will send something to the staff advising of all of the upcoming movements (Attacks, defensive positioning, or even purchases) in advance so we can monitor where the game is going. Each faction is going to have it's own private discussion forum where you can communicate and plan freely. I am hard pressed to say that any movements would be denied for any reason, but we are also looking at the game with an open mind that we may need to adjust certain things depending on how it goes. The other purpose for this is for us to track the in game money, all transactions will go through us (even private deals). 

We want the game to take on a life of its own and create it's own story. There will be a slight learning curve in the beginning I'm sure, so we all just have to be patient with each other to work out bugs.

The other goal here is to really grow our player base and that's where all of you come in. We want to see your builds plastered all over instagram and flickr tagging us in them and sending players to GBW. We can grow this game for as many players as want to join. This also means we need your feedback on how we can make the game more accessible and easier to build & play. 

So I guess I'll post this here, after checking out the factions it's clear to me that the Brotherhood of Soalon is probably an unappealing faction to a lot of people, which does make them kind of interesting to play to me haha but I was wondering why the Brotherhood can't control a few countries of it's own I think it would help a bit in making them more interesting to join... or does the Brotherhood have an entirely different dynamic then PSIC and KLR in the game?

I think that in-universe it's not unreasonable for BS (maybe TBOS is a better abreviation as well, I keep thinking Bullsh*t) to have a handfull of middle eastern countries in their pocket, through their criminal, blood money fortunes and alliances/support from big oil moguls or some such?  (edit* Even if it's all unofficial and shadowy... they are baddies after all)

Please let me know your thoughts?

Again I'm fine with whatever gets decided.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

21 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

or does the Brotherhood have an entirely different dynamic then PSIC and KLR in the game?

It is exactly this. As the descriptions says, it is a collective of the religious extremists, crime figures, and disbanded soalon military. This faction is the Soalon insurgency force, they are the native people that live here and are fighting occupation by the foreign invaders as they see them. Nothing to say they can't recruit people sympathetic to their cause from outside, but they are not other countries in general. 

2 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

It is exactly this. As the descriptions says, it is a collective of the religious extremists, crime figures, and disbanded soalon military. This faction is the Soalon insurgency force, they are the native people that live here and are fighting occupation by the foreign invaders as they see them. Nothing to say they can't recruit people sympathetic to their cause from outside, but they are not other countries in general. 

Thanks for the clarification, hmm I am now on the fence, perhaps I will join KLR instead then.

Hello mates! I was wondering if there is already a game map for the next phase, or if this is still in development. It would be interesting to have a general idea of how it can be made and articulated, even if it were a preliminary and provisional map, also to get an idea of the different types of environments that we will have to face in the campaign.

Also I would be curious to know if there is already a flag for each faction.

Edited by ParmBrick

9 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Ask and you shall receive. Map is still in progress and subject to changes, but nothing major at this point. Click the link for the super Hi-Def version.

Thank you very much! I imagined that there was already something boiling in the pot regarding the game map, really well done, rich in detail and colorful from an environmental point of view. It will not be an easy task to advance and conquer territories in this region. I imagine that the starting quadrants for each faction are congruent with their task, I mean, I imagine that PSIC can start from a naval port, an air base, or near the border, characterized by a certain environment favorable to the occupation itself. The KLR in turn will be able to start from similar points on the map, as for PSIC, and finally the BS will have its own starting dials in some city, village, or region within the map itself, in line with its task and role. Obviously this is just my imagination, as one could think strategically about a possible start of the game, it could also be otherwise. Finally, I think that at the beginning all the sides are in different positions from each other, a minimum of spaced, to allow greater freedom in the first phase of the game, before moving on to the actual clashes between the factions themselves.

so i m guessing ... 

BROKAL (L8) - Peace Securing International Coalition- (PSIC)

NALANS (G4) - Kriviyat League of Republics- (KLR)

EASTERN ARMS (D18) - The Brotherhood of Soalon- (BS)

are our starting Square ?

Focus has shifted a little bit and we've decided that the Brotherhood will be Third party and Staff Driven. This will will allow the main player base to really focus on each other and also gives us (the staff) a chance to participate and play as well because I know I miss playing.

Our official signups will be coming later. 

I'd like to note that staff players are not eligible for any prize giveaways that we do. We're simply playing for the fun of it and to enhance the game. 

Main "how to" and rules posted. Take some time to look these over. Any questions should be posted here. There are a few more players who expressed interest in signing up so be sure to do so if you haven't already. We are hoping to get things moving soon. 

Hi @TheBeeze

I just read the rules for the next phase, and I have a few questions about it at the moment.
1) Is there the possibility of regaining a quadrant that has been lost to re-establish the supply line? If so, do you have to act as in the case of conquering any enemy quadrant, or is there a different method?
2) Is there the possibility that a moc / diorama can be built as regards the "Presentation Builds" that contain more than one characteristics than those listed? For example, a moc / diorama with a national flag, leader and commanders all together. If so, does the count of the final points to be assigned follow the sum for the points of the individual criteria, always if the criteria are exceeded? See example above: 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 points, does it work like this? Or should we create individual creations centered around those individual criteria?
3) Can we present mocs, men and vehicles already seen during the old phases, or must they all be new mocs to be able to enter the maximum evaluation criteria (and therefore exceed the mission) for each type of mission?

Thanks for the attention.

Edited by ParmBrick

4 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

1) Is there the possibility of regaining a quadrant that has been lost to re-establish the supply line? If so, do you have to act as in the case of conquering any enemy quadrant, or is there a different method?

Your goal is to reestablish your supply line. Your controlled squares will need to be connected to each other whether vertically, horizontally, or connected with one of your teammates. If a square or squares get cut off, your goal is to conquer whatever square you can to reestablish your supply line.

2) Is there the possibility that a moc / diorama can be built as regards the "Presentation Builds" that contain more than one characteristics than those listed? For example, a moc / diorama with a national flag, leader and commanders all together. If so, does the count of the final points to be assigned follow the sum for the points of the individual criteria, always if the criteria are exceeded? See example above: 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 points, does it work like this? Or should we create individual creations centered around those individual criteria?

No, you should create individual builds. These are easy enough to earn quick points.

3) Can we present mocs, men and vehicles already seen during the old phases, or must they all be new mocs to be able to enter the maximum evaluation criteria (and therefore exceed the mission) for each type of mission?

Mocs- No.

Vehicles- Yes.

Minifigs - Yes. 

@TheBeeze :

Nice job so far ! Rules are short and clear.

I have questions though :

1/ How will you follow the money flux there will be during all the game ? you'll need to use Google forms to register and automatised the BB gestion with an account sheet registering each character and his financial balance. Or any other formula ...

2/ As a team leader do I have to post a war form for any build or do I have to send a form per month to summarize all our movements as a team ? I don't understand well that part yet...

On 2/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, Faladrin said:

1/ How will you follow the money flux there will be during all the game ? you'll need to use Google forms to register and automatised the BB gestion with an account sheet registering each character and his financial balance. Or any other formula ..

We are going to have all transactions done through the forms. From there, the staff will update our own banking sheet we have created on the back end. This will have its own formulas and such. 

On 2/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, Faladrin said:

2/ As a team leader do I have to post a war form for any build or do I have to send a form per month to summarize all our movements as a team ? I don't understand well that part yet...

Only troop movements to defensive positions on squares, attempts to capture new squares (whether occupied or not), and transactions will be on the forms. All side builds and presentation builds do NOT require a form. We will discuss the submission part with you individually when the time is right. 

FYI, the game is likely going to start next week. Hashing out a few other points and still waiting on a few people who indicated they wanted to sign up.

Got asked a few questions so I figured I would post here:

1. Do I need to build something just like what's on the map? 
- Exactly? No, but you should build within reason. We worked hard to bring you a solid map (final to be posted in a few days) so you should use it. So don't pick a grid square to attack with a jungle swamp on it and then show us a snow fortress, you won't get any points. Also want to note, that if you see something on the map that sticks out, it's probably for a reason. There is nothing random on this map, everything has a purpose whether it be perks, side missions, or extra points. So the map is going to be uploaded in very high resolution, study it with your team.

2. How do I hire third parties? 
- You contact them via their for hire posts in the For Hire Thread. From there, you can try and work out a deal with them for their services. These players will also be playing for points and money themselves so keep an eye out for them as they are not limited to the supply chain rules. 

3. How can I help?
- Spread the word about the game on instagram, flickr, facebook groups, etc. Make sure you tag us on instagram if you post pictures of your builds and send other builders here to join us. 

4. When will the game end?
- In theory, we don't want it to end. We would love to continually expand on it because it's more so for the fun of it than winning. As players come and go we hope to grow the game to the point where we need to adjust it. 

5. Are you playing?
- Yes, I will finally be returning to play this time around in a third party position. @paintballman will also be playing in a third party position as well. We are ineligible for any prizes or winning the game but we intend to mess with all of you!

55 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

3. How can I help?

- Spread the word about the game on instagram, flickr, facebook groups, etc. Make sure you tag us on instagram if you post pictures of your builds and send other builders here to join us.

Hmm, I dislike big socials like insta or twitter but maybe I should bite the bullet and make an insta then, from what I heard the Lego community is more active over there?