TheBeeze

Phase 3 Discussion

While I sit onboard my aircraft and work on writing our next campaign and also continue our planning for the next phase, I'd like to open the floor to all of you. Below are some points I'd like to accomplish with phase 3. I'd like your input on those points, how we accomplish them, and what else you'd like to see. 

-Smaller Scale Theater of Battle- the next phase will not focus on a global theater but will be relegated to a smaller zone. 

- Territorial Conflict- Players will play for control of the map. Whomever has the most space wins.

- Factions- The next phase will feature 2 factions that players will join and work together towards their goal of owning territory.

- Have an option for more players to participate in a casual role. How do we draw more players in to join us, even if they don't build for every event? 

Tell me your thoughts and let's all talk.

I really like the points you are working on already - seems like a good idea to bring back some of the best bits of phase 1 while maintaining some of the flexibility that this phase has allowed. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to lessen the number of large minimum size limits. I feel like it is something that makes the game daunting to new members with smaller collections - less limits doesn't force players not to build big scenes and I can't see would impact scoring so there would still be room for those who wanted to make a large build. On the same note, it would be nice to see some campaigns etc focusing on small builds - a 16x16 size limit can be really tough and from my experience can lead to some really interesting builds (I believe there was something similar with a recruitment challenge from Phase 1?). The other thing that might be interesting is a challenge that was in a scale other than minifigure - it would be great to see some microscale conflicts or 1:1 scale weapons, which I feel would add a bit of variation to the majority of the builds and might help draw in more players. I'm not sure how achievable these ideas are, but from my experience in other RPGs these are definitely features I enjoy.

Hi everybody.

Although I have not been very active, I will try to work less and enjoy more. I support all of your ideas: factions, smaller areas of the world to conquest, more players (but bringing them in is not easy) and territorial conflict. 

I also support @marvelboy123 ideas , they seem interesting.

Enjoy and take care.

Due to the decrease in time I have available for this specific forum, I've decided to pull out for now.

@TheBeeze , you can open up Plighia for another player.