Louis of Nutwood

[MOC] Sannhetens Fjell - The Mountain of Truth

The Mountain of Truth

I’ve heard tales of dragons guarding treasures. I’ve heard songs of dragons that held knowledge. But the story behind this one, is a little different. 

Past the ridge of cold mountains, after the forests and bays, there is a mountain that grows beyond sight. Afar the tallest of the trees and over the ceiling of clouds, it breaches the skies and hides its summit behind the vast unknown.

The Elders say there is a castle in its peak, from where both Midgard, the land of men, and Asgard, the land of gods can be seen. The legends speak that only at the top of the tallest tower, the gods are prone to hear your prayer. 

Many have tried to claim the tower and make their way to the hall of the gods, but every time a man proclaims himself its ruler, a beast comes forth to end its reign.

Frøstdjur, it was named. The Frozen Beast. White wings, as bright as the sun. Its breath as cold as a thousand winters. If one is worthy enough to hear the voice of the gods, only the beast will tell.  

No man should enforce himself to the great hall of the gods, for only they know our destiny. Frøstdjur protects this truth and their will, making sure the chosen ones are heard, and the unworthy vanish in the frozen wind. 

Sannhetens Fjell

Louis of Valnötsträd
________

Make sure to check the minifig-scale dragon, Frøstdjur.
Entry to the Summer Joust Category 12x12 Vignette.

Hope you all like it.
Skol!

Edited by Louis of Nutwood
Adding Reference

Wow. I love the steady change of colors to the top of the mountain, your clouds are excellent, and that tiny, huge dragon is awesome. Great job!

Super cool use of the microscale.  I want to see the full sized one now!  The white dragon blending in with the clouds is great, and I like the use of the various colors signifying the layers of rocks making up the mountain.  I bet the castle is very cold!  Great job!

Oh, this is some good color layering.  Dark red was a great choice.  Nice job with the micro castle and dragon too.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, The Stad said:

Wow. I love the steady change of colors to the top of the mountain, your clouds are excellent, and that tiny, huge dragon is awesome. Great job

I'm glad you liked it, The Stad! The gradient colors were what started the build. On top, building on a micro-scale turned to be a great challenge, and I'm thrilled you liked the dragon. 
Thanks for the support, mate.

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Oh, this is some good color layering.  Dark red was a great choice.  Nice job with the micro castle and dragon too

I'm glad you liked it, Kai. I wanted to add as many colors as possible without making the mountain too festive. I'm happy you approve my color choices. 
My experience with micro-scale is insignificant, so I'm happy you liked it, as to me it was a true challenge. 
Thanks for the support, bro!

23 hours ago, Grover said:

Super cool use of the microscale.  I want to see the full sized one now!  The white dragon blending in with the clouds is great, and I like the use of the various colors signifying the layers of rocks making up the mountain.  I bet the castle is very cold!  Great job!

Indeed, the winds blowing on stoned walls hiss and freeze the warmest of men. I'm thrilled you liked the mountain and the beast, Grover. 
Well.. since you asked, here's a take on the minifig-scale Frostdjur:

Hope you like it, sire.
Skol!

How beautiful! The color gradient on the rocks looks marvellous, and I really like the clouds. The dragon looks actually quite...cute at this scale. :wub:

13 hours ago, Aurore said:

How beautiful! The color gradient on the rocks looks marvellous, and I really like the clouds. The dragon looks actually quite...cute at this scale

Happy to hear your thoughts, Aurore! 
It might look cute up in the distance... but I think it looks cuter when you are close to it. :D
Glad you mentioned the gradient, as it was the inspiration for this build, and I agree that the cloud kind of wrap it all up, right?
Thanks for the much appreciated support, Aurore!
Skol!

The color transition as your eye moves up/down this spire is sweet.  Clouds wrapping around are simply lovely!

How is the neck constructed in the dragon?  I can't make that out from the picture.

16 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

The color transition as your eye moves up/down this spire is sweet.  Clouds wrapping around are simply lovely!

How is the neck constructed in the dragon?  I can't make that out from the picture.

Very glad you liked it, mrcp6d! I wanted to build a color gradient for some time now, and I'm happy people enjoyed it so far. 
The dragon: the torso is a modified brick with 4 studs on the sides. On its bottom (starting the neck) there's a tooth piece and then a transparent 1x1 plate with shaft and hole (20482). There, I connected a skeleton arm as the neck. On the head, the skeleton arm is once again connected to the transparent 1x1 plate with shaft and hole, another tooth piece and finally a cheese slope. 

In here, you can see a closer picture.

Thanks for the support, mate!
Skol!