@JGW3000, It's kinda hard to take video and operate it at the same time...    I have to wait for my videographer (the wife) to get off work :snicker:

For what its worth, the functions are as follows:

Steering:

Front Steering (4 forward wheels) driven by PF L Motor

Rear Steering (trailing 2 wheels) driven by PF M Motor

Drive: 

Each side has one fixed drive wheel driven by a PF L Motor, but they are on seperate IR towers which are both selected to same channel. This reduced the current load on the IR towers, and is the reason for 5 IR towers in the model

Winch/Container Lift:

There are 4 winches driven in two pairs by 2 PF M Motors, this gives individual control on the lift between left and right sides allowing you to keep the container level as it asscends or decends.

There is one M Motor that controls Container capture and release and also adjusts for different length containers

Articulated Cab:

The Cab can be extended and rotated to allow the operator a better view of his surroundings and more closely monitor the lift.  These functions are driven by two PF M Motors, one for extend/retract the other for rotation.

Edited by Bublehead

Wow that's an impressive build. Would love to see some moving footage too, hope you get around to filming it soon.

Btw, good to see you still around on EB, it's been a while...:thumbup:

23 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

It's a monster. But I like it and looks to be a good fit to the mack anthem scale of container. Interesting ideas and design 

Yes, it is big... but I have several mottos I adhere to... "Go big or go home" and "Never say Never" and this build falls in both catagories... Yes, the Mack Anthem container was my inspiration for the scale, I figured, why re-invent the wheel, Lego had already built a decent sized container, albeit a bit short, so I lengthened it and started with that as my scale reference.

The pic below was my only real working reference while building...

straddle_carrier_final_low
7 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Wow that's an impressive build. Would love to see some moving footage too, hope you get around to filming it soon.

Btw, good to see you still around on EB, it's been a while...:thumbup:

Yes, I am going to get some video up soon, waiting on some Porche style hubs to replace the portal hubs I initially used. The portal hubs work for making a steerable driving wheel, but not as good as I wanted, and they still had a lot of slop and flex in them since the wheel was only supported on one side... new design takes a lot of flex out of the whole steering arangement, due mostly to supporting the wheel on both sides, making the driving wheels stationary (unsteered), and going to tow ball and connectors instead of beams and lift arms for the linkage.