A_Goodman

[MOC] A Skirmish at North Bridge

A Skirmish at North Bridge

April 18th, 1775 British Redcoats engage in a firefight with local Militia on the outskirts of Concord. This small battle marks the first day of the American Revolution.

(I figured as the Revolutionary War took place during the Age of Sail this was a good forum for this build)

50164865212_76090015eb_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

50168238253_a2fc574983_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge: Redcoats by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

50171823516_00e9a38b20_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge: Mlitia by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

Edited by Professor Thaum
Title tag update

13 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

A Skirmish at North Bridge

April 18th, 1775 British Redcoats engage in a firefight with local Militia on the outskirts of Concord. This small battle marks the first day of the American Revolution.

(I figured as the Revolutionary War took place during the Age of Sail this was a good forum for this build)

50164865212_76090015eb_k.jpg

Very good diorama. I like the bridge, the river and the landscape. Sorry, the 2 trees can be improved. The presentation is really good. Same heads or faces? Great, I haven't seen any! The army of the British Empire and the American was really portrayed very well! 3 perfect photos (I act like I haven't seen the 2 ugly trees)!

Judge yourself. Do you like these 2 trees?

The lowest American in the photo has 3-4 hands? Take a closer look at your photos.

25 minutes ago, NOD said:

The lowest American in the photo has 3-4 hands? Take a closer look at your photos.

Actually there is another minifigure behind him, wounded, laying down. 

Amazing looking MOC sir! I love the way you did the trees, giving it almost a dead tree illusion. Also the custom figures...... :drool: Me want!

Captain Charles J. Becker

1 hour ago, Captain Becker said:

Actually there is another minifigure behind him, wounded, laying down. 

Amazing looking MOC sir! I love the way you did the trees, giving it almost a dead tree illusion. Also the custom figures...... :drool: Me want! 

Captain Charles J. Becker

A wounded minifigure? Good explanation, that would be possible. You're right, the same color of the shirt confused me.

I don't like the dead trees. Maybe an American cannonball hits the trees and destroys them?:pir_tong2:

The custom figures and presentation are perfect!

Edited by NOD

1 hour ago, NOD said:

I initially wasn't going to post this one but I thought I would do it just for you.

50174004456_2e10c0a969_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge (Extra) by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

Also, I have to say I totally agree with you about the weakness of the trees but based on the painting the build was inspired by I like to think that the early Spring trees experienced an extra rough New England Winter that year. I greatly appreciate the comments. Cheers!

31 minutes ago, A_Goodman said:

I initially wasn't going to post this one but I thought I would do it just for you.

A Skirmish at North Bridge (Extra) by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

Also, I have to say I totally agree with you about the weakness of the trees but based on the painting the build was inspired by I like to think that the early Spring trees experienced an extra rough New England Winter that year. I greatly appreciate the comments. Cheers!

I ask for forgiveness,

Thank you for the clarification. The photo is new on eurobricks and on flickr, now I see more of the situation and understand the happening.

Gosh, missed this one, that was fiercly digged up !

Really nice diorama ! I love that bridge and that water. :thumbup:

But... I hate your fleshy figs !!! :pir_mad:

You have been  contaminated by some spoilt rich brats !

/boooooo

On 12/1/2021 at 11:46 AM, Mister Phes said:

Yeah, so did we frontpage this one at the time? I cannot recall. :pir_wacko:

It is next on my to do list to come after your frontpaging of the Pontelli's tulips thread

On 11/29/2021 at 10:27 AM, Professor Thaum said:

But... I hate your fleshy figs !!! :pir_mad:

Hahahaha as someone who was that perfect age of 10 when Episode III sets switched to flesh tones I simply am a product of my time.

But oh man this really did get pulled out of the archives didn’t it, well I greatly appreciate the front page!

18 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

But oh man this really did get pulled out of the archives didn’t it, well I greatly appreciate the front page!

You're worth it! :pir-love:

On 1/6/2022 at 3:51 PM, Professor Thaum said:

It is next on my to do list to come after your frontpaging of the Pontelli's tulips thread

Great to see the internal dialogues of the moderators and regulators :pir-laugh:

(But I am thankful for my frontpage entry :pir-grin:)