Sign in to follow this  
A_Goodman

A Skirmish at North Bridge

Recommended Posts

A Skirmish at North Bridge

April 18th, 1775 British Redcoats engage in a firefight with local Militia on the outskirts of Concord. This small battle marks the first day of the American Revolution.

(I figured as the Revolutionary War took place during the Age of Sail this was a good forum for this build)

 

50164865212_76090015eb_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

 

50168238253_a2fc574983_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge: Redcoats by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

 

50171823516_00e9a38b20_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge: Mlitia by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice display and custom figs!  I like the stud blasters in the trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

A Skirmish at North Bridge

April 18th, 1775 British Redcoats engage in a firefight with local Militia on the outskirts of Concord. This small battle marks the first day of the American Revolution.

(I figured as the Revolutionary War took place during the Age of Sail this was a good forum for this build)

 

50164865212_76090015eb_k.jpg

 

 

Very good diorama. I like the bridge, the river and the landscape. Sorry, the 2 trees can be improved. The presentation is really good. Same heads or faces? Great, I haven't seen any! The army of the British Empire and the American was really portrayed very well! 3 perfect photos (I act like I haven't seen the 2 ugly trees)!

Judge yourself. Do you like these 2 trees?

The lowest American in the photo has 3-4 hands? Take a closer look at your photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NOD said:

 

The lowest American in the photo has 3-4 hands? Take a closer look at your photos.

 

Actually there is another minifigure behind him, wounded, laying down. 

Amazing looking MOC sir! I love the way you did the trees, giving it almost a dead tree illusion. Also the custom figures...... :drool: Me want!

 

Captain Charles J. Becker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain Becker said:

Actually there is another minifigure behind him, wounded, laying down. 

Amazing looking MOC sir! I love the way you did the trees, giving it almost a dead tree illusion. Also the custom figures...... :drool: Me want! 

 

Captain Charles J. Becker

A wounded minifigure? Good explanation, that would be possible. You're right, the same color of the shirt confused me.

I don't like the dead trees. Maybe an American cannonball hits the trees and destroys them?:pir_tong2:

The custom figures and presentation are perfect!

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NOD said:

The lowest American in the photo has 3-4 hands? Take a closer look at your photos.

I initially wasn't going to post this one but I thought I would do it just for you.

50174004456_2e10c0a969_k.jpgA Skirmish at North Bridge (Extra) by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

 

Also, I have to say I totally agree with you about the weakness of the trees but based on the painting the build was inspired by I like to think that the early Spring trees experienced an extra rough New England Winter that year. I greatly appreciate the comments. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A_Goodman said:

I initially wasn't going to post this one but I thought I would do it just for you.

A Skirmish at North Bridge (Extra) by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

 

Also, I have to say I totally agree with you about the weakness of the trees but based on the painting the build was inspired by I like to think that the early Spring trees experienced an extra rough New England Winter that year. I greatly appreciate the comments. Cheers!

I ask for forgiveness,

Thank you for the clarification. The photo is new on eurobricks and on flickr, now I see more of the situation and understand the happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:51 AM, NOD said:

I ask for forgiveness,

Oh, hahah happy to give it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.