Seto

Lego 2-Stroke motor

15 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

To me the question here is how much non Lego can you use and still call it a lego motor. That video is interesting but is it a Lego motor?

I've dabbled in many things over the years including 1/5th scale RC cars powered by 2 stroke petrol engines. A CY or zenoah flywheel and coil would get you a spark but what are you using for a carburetor?

Please post some pictures of your work so far (use bricksafe or flickr to host)and make sure to video it when you finally fire it up, even if it explodes I'd like to see it!

i dont want yet cuz its so megablocking ugly :d. i dont have decent parts so its ugly. When i get ignition i can

I have two wires close but how i get them spark. U know there come a electrical wave between them

7 hours ago, Seto said:

I have two wires close but how i get them spark. U know there come a electrical wave between them

you need an electric pulse. An old lawn mower breaking points style magneto will have about 6-8 volts on the primary side and via a coil, comes out at 300-500V to fire the spark plug. You could generate pulses with a small timer circuit and a battery or just a hand switch if you don't need speed, but you're going to need a coil to step up the voltage to your pair of wires.

I should add that a general purpose spark ignition engine commonly has about 15000 volts on the secondary side of the coil. more compression tends to need higher energy impulses.

Edited by bonox

5 hours ago, bonox said:

you need an electric pulse. An old lawn mower breaking points style magneto will have about 6-8 volts on the primary side and via a coil, comes out at 300-500V to fire the spark plug. You could generate pulses with a small timer circuit and a battery or just a hand switch if you don't need speed, but you're going to need a coil to step up the voltage to your pair of wires.

I should add that a general purpose spark ignition engine commonly has about 15000 volts on the secondary side of the coil. more compression tends to need higher energy impulses.

sounds bit too hard to make. Electricity isn't my strenght

If i try to make same mechanism like in plasma lighters?