Hi!

This is my first comment on this forum. I started to make real 2 stroke motor and almost everything is ready but i have problems to make ignition system. I don't have much resources to build them and i thought here i could get tips where to get easily materials like wires and tips how I should make that ignition system.

If everything goes well i can put here some pictures and videos about that motor.

3 minutes ago, mortenm said:

A real two stroke motor in lego? What do you want to ignite? Gasoline? :laugh:

Yeah I'd like to ignite gasoline or some aerosol like axe. Everything is ready except ignition system

I think the most reliable solution is to look if a solution exist in modelism, such as 1:8 remote controled car or bigger

1 minute ago, Bluehose said:

I think the most reliable solution is to look if a solution exist in modelism, such as 1:8 remote controled car or bigger

Didn't understand

Just now, howitzer said:

Check this out.

I saw that but too complicated

I'd like to do same system as Madbrick on his 2 stroke videos part 1 and 2 but too hard and i dont know where to get components

Any volatile fuel will dissolve Lego plastic.  I would recommend recommend testing it out side at a safe distance as likely to explode in a fireball.

14 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Any volatile fuel will dissolve Lego plastic.  I would recommend recommend testing it out side at a safe distance as likely to explode in a fireball.

Explode? I dont think its propable

1 minute ago, Doug72 said:

Same as the man that said the Titanic couldnot sink !

I know few mans who have done this motor and it hasn't explode. How tf should i test ot with safe distance

A taser makes a high voltage low current spark in a smallish battery-powered package.

1 hour ago, MaxBrix said:

A taser makes a high voltage low current spark in a smallish battery-powered package.

where i get taser :D

Honestly lighting up explosive liquid inside a LEGO structure, especially with a taser, sounds like a really bad Idea *huh*

7 hours ago, Seto said:

I know few mans who have done this motor and it hasn't explode.

Video, pics or it didn't happenen.

5 hours ago, Seto said:

where i get taser :D

It is illegal to own a taser in the UK.

In all honesty and for sake of your health: Please don't try, what you are intending to do. It's no surprise that engines are made of metals and not plastics. Plastics melt, deform and burn. ABS fumes are not that toxic, but you really should know what you are doing. If you wanna challenge yourself, try to make a pneumatic engine out of Lego.

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

In all honesty and for sake of your health: Please don't try, what you are intending to do. It's no surprise that engines are made of metals and not plastics. Plastics melt, deform and burn. ABS fumes are not that toxic, but you really should know what you are doing. If you wanna challenge yourself, try to make a pneumatic engine out of Lego.

I just wanna see when combustion happens few times thats all. Its impossible to make it work with legos and i asked for help here cuz i want to see dat combustion

If you want to see how the combustion goes, you should check this video.
With lego, you're likely going to destroy something...

28 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

If you want to see how the combustion goes, you should check this video.
With lego, you're likely going to destroy something...

U dont get my point

1 hour ago, Seto said:

I just wanna see when combustion happens few times thats all. Its impossible to make it work with legos and i asked for help here cuz i want to see dat combustion

Your own words:

1. You want to see it.
  2. It's impossible to do with Lego bricks.
  3. You needed help so you can see it.

So the conclusion is that someone posts a video where you can see it happen. That's what @Touc4nx did.

I came to ask for help not advice

AND look this: 

Edited by Seto
typo

20 hours ago, Doug72 said:

explode

Melt away to a blob you mean.
And than catch fire.

Anyway, you need a fire extuinguisher:grin:

Please film it, we love to see your experiment.

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

1 hour ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Melt away to a blob you mean.
And than catch fire.

Anyway, you need a fire extuinguisher:grin:

Please film it, we love to see your experiment.

I would but i have no clue how to make ignition system

To me the question here is how much non Lego can you use and still call it a lego motor. That video is interesting but is it a Lego motor?

I've dabbled in many things over the years including 1/5th scale RC cars powered by 2 stroke petrol engines. A CY or zenoah flywheel and coil would get you a spark but what are you using for a carburetor?

Please post some pictures of your work so far (use bricksafe or flickr to host)and make sure to video it when you finally fire it up, even if it explodes I'd like to see it!