Obscurantist

[MOC] Subaru BRZ / Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S

I tried to recreate my beloved car in midi scale and with PF (2 L-Motors for propulsion, Servo for steering, rechargeable or AAA battery box for power, IR receiver or sbrick for controls). Planning to do another manual version without pf, with fake opposite and some simple gear shifting. Also waiting on BL delivery to recreate one in fully orange and and one in white with black accents like I own irl.

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

After I would have all the parts to montage video I upload Stud.io file for free to rebrickable and if people will like it I would compile an instruction for some symbolic fee. As for now you can check it out here for white brz and here for orange toyota. Critics and suggestions strongly accepted. More images:

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg640x480.jpg

Edited by Obscurantist

That is a good-looking model of one of the best attainable sports cars out there! I don't know how much space you have in the car, but if you could power it with two L motors instead of two M motors, you would gain significant power.

Good work!

21 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

That is a good-looking model of one of the best attainable sports cars out there! I don't know how much space you have in the car, but if you could power it with two L motors instead of two M motors, you would gain significant power.

Good work!

Thanks, yeh its actually powered by 2 L-motors, edited.

23 hours ago, Obscurantist said:

Thanks, yeh its actually powered by 2 L-motors, edited.

Okay, now that I look more closely at the images, I can see that.

Got some parts from bricklink to build this RL.

tPtpt2H.jpg

RyXv1l6.jpg

AbXHpnt.jpg

OtCcKU0.jpg

After comparing with original I decided to add a soft axles to roof sides to accent primary color and i think it turned out well (with trade-off of robustness). Now i need to order more soft axles because got only one from corvette.

MazglRd.jpg

p0QhBSx.jpg

Meanwhile I'll be working on manual white brz version.