SteamSewnEmpire

[moc] Great Northern K-1S 4-4-2 WITH CABOOSE

28 minutes ago, supertruper1988 said:

Looks great! Love the slanted piston detail. Great Job capturing it here. 

Thanks! I'll be posting a small update (added further detailing to the loco, lifted the boiler and cab a plate) in an hour or so when I finish a little wooden GN caboose I am working on.

Caboose:

fH7oADp.jpg

mlQE1QO.jpg

OhKvwyg.png

B5RddFc.png

WFpgjgH.png

1AWVwbs.png

WZyNZQL.png

Pretty happy with how this one turned out... although the roof of the cupola is slightly uneven.

Also, I made some modest improvements to the steam locomotive (larger trailing truck with a custom wheel; raised boiler by one place; lowered cab roof by one plate; added more piping. I think this one is done now.

x3JYFov.png

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

Looks great I really like the update. I just feel like there is something on top of the back truck, something like a bracket or a support and the cow catcher on the pilot looks way too big.  Other then that this would look great with rods in real bricks. One thing, I think you should import this into Studio then you would be able to download all of the needed custom parts so you could see it rendered in XXL/XL wheels and an MS(I think) wheel on the trailing truck, and you could put rods on it. 

4 hours ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

Looks great I really like the update. I just feel like there is something on top of the back truck, something like a bracket or a support and the cow catcher on the pilot looks way too big.  Other then that this would look great with rods in real bricks. One thing, I think you should import this into Studio then you would be able to download all of the needed custom parts so you could see it rendered in XXL/XL wheels and an MS(I think) wheel on the trailing truck, and you could put rods on it. 

Eh. I never seem to be able to make stud.io work. And my computer deep fries any time I try to render something.

As for the cow catcher - I take any opportunity to use the toy-like one that I can... which is not very often. This was 'close enough,' which is why I went with it. For the more modern steam I typically build, it's so out of the question that I don't get to deploy it very much.

I'm working on a much larger GN locomotive that has - frankly - been utter hell. I hope to post that one tonight at some point.

It looks good. But frankly, I was expecting some passenger cars to go with, but the caboose looks just as great. Check out and leave a comment on my Z-6 challenger sometime, I'd like to hear your opinion on it

20 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

As for the cow catcher - I take any opportunity to use the toy-like one that I can... which is not very often. This was 'close enough,' which is why I went with it.

Indeed, good call

15 hours ago, Craig Strader said:

It looks good. But frankly, I was expecting some passenger cars to go with, but the caboose looks just as great. Check out and leave a comment on my Z-6 challenger sometime, I'd like to hear your opinion on it

I'm going to be doing some heavyweight Empire Builder/Oriental Limited cars in the next few days.

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

Indeed, good call

Thanks!