Sign in to follow this  
KevinyWu

[MOC] Leonardo da Vinci Collab: The Polymath

For the Summer Joust team category this year, the challenge was "Just Another 'Normal' Day." My team decided to go with Leonardo da Vinci! The scenes we covered were inventing, sculpting, painting, and, of courses, sleep. All four of us built fully immersive scenes, with some fantastic editing from Jonah to finish them off.

Here's my part. I did a street corner of a Tuscan-inspired village. Now, I understand the scene isn't historically accurate. Leonardo never really finished any of his sculptures (at least that we know of), but liberties were taken for the sake of the collab :)

50163302267_e6112dff12_c.jpg

Here's an overview of the four parts:

50162715633_d7a47b6c5a_c.jpg

Check out all the other parts! I was honored to be able to work with Joe, Jon, and Jonah, three fantastic builders.

Part I: Invention by Jon

Part II: Sculpture by Kevin

Part III: Fresco by Joe

Part IV: Relaxation by Jonah

This is a really cute little scene and I love the stark contrast between the marble sculpture and the surrounding buildings. The creeper (ivy?) growing across the building on the left is just perfect. Thanks for sharing!

41 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

This is a really cute little scene and I love the stark contrast between the marble sculpture and the surrounding buildings. The creeper (ivy?) growing across the building on the left is just perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Yeah, I guess it's meant to be ivy

3 hours ago, JANGBRICKS said:

Wow! Amazing build!

The one and only JANGBRiCKS!? Thank you for the compliment, and also for creating high quality content! Your channel is my go-to for reviews, and your city is awe-inspiring. Keep it up!

33 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

That's amazing!!

Thanks a lot!

On 7/29/2020 at 2:20 PM, KevinyWu said:

The one and only JANGBRiCKS!? Thank you for the compliment, and also for creating high quality content! Your channel is my go-to for reviews, and your city is awe-inspiring. Keep it up!

Thanks a lot!

Great to have JANGBRICKS reply to you, right?

Edited by JintaiZ

27 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Well, I'm not sure if he's the real JANGBRICKS...

If not, thanks anyways! :laugh:

Great scene. Full of character. The texturing of the walls is brilliantly done. Excellent creation. :thumbup:

I only have two pieces of 'constructive criticism'. First, the minifigure should be yellow, not fleshy (I have to say that: I'm a diehard yellowist). And second, it should be Legonardo da Vinci! :wink:

I am liking a lot your vegetation and windows. The whole moc is great but those for me are my catchers. Great job. :)

17 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Fantastic details all around. Really great!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Great scene. Full of character. The texturing of the walls is brilliantly done. Excellent creation. :thumbup:

I only have two pieces of 'constructive criticism'. First, the minifigure should be yellow, not fleshy (I have to say that: I'm a diehard yellowist). And second, it should be Legonardo da Vinci! :wink:

Haha, we really missed a naming idea didn't we. If you look at any of my other MOCs, you'll know that I'm pro-yellow; this is the first time I made the dreaded switch to flesh. :laugh_hard:

8 hours ago, Niku said:

I am liking a lot your vegetation and windows. The whole moc is great but those for me are my catchers. Great job. :)

Thank you, I put a good deal of thought into both of those aspects to make it varied but still cohesive.

6 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Awesome build and scene!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, KevinyWu said:

If you look at any of my other MOCs, you'll know that I'm pro-yellow; this is the first time I made the dreaded switch to flesh. :laugh_hard:

You have gone from being a yellowist to a fleshite? Excuse me one moment while I burst into tears :cry3:

Oh wow very impressive!

Leonardo sure had one hell of a life

The Last Supper one is my favorite 

Well done :thumbup:

On 8/2/2020 at 12:43 AM, Robert8 said:

Oh wow very impressive!

Leonardo sure had one hell of a life

The Last Supper one is my favorite 

Well done :thumbup:

Thanks! Joe's Last Supper scene was really unique and he pulled off the perspective really well.

10 hours ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Looks great

Thank you