Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[MOC] Journey to the Skull Rock

Hi fellow Pirates ! Or should I say ARRRRRH !

Here is my take on a "Piratisation" (alright; not a real word, but it's quite a funny neologism... :pir-grin:)

So, My "Piratisation" of one of the new Ninjago set : The 71717 Journey to the skull dungeons :

WKlmfdeh.jpg

The original set is really Piratey so I wanted to try a real change towards a more piratical aspect of the set.

I obviously removed the lava to replace it by water and I had nearly all the job done.

KAEXnCKl.jpg

MCRasaPl.jpg

Some foliage here and there; a Pirate ghost as the bad guy and a gigantic crab to fight and : Voila !

WKlmfdeh.jpg

Hope you like it !

Let me know in your comments what you think of it !

I've think it's awesome! I've been inspired to do the same, but one bigger: the skull-face of the dungeon itself is calling my name!

I think what I'll do is replicate what you did, add it to the right of the skull dungeon itself, and use it alongside my upcoming pirate ship MOC as a Goonies-inspired take on a immortal (undead, or cursed?) pirate crew's lair for my Adventurers.

Thanks for inspiring me!

Edited by Murdoch17

I think this looks great. I was wondering, those 'stepping stones' (modified tiles with 2 studs) almost suggest a sort of game, taking steps with dice rolls. Is that an option? Could we make a pirate game that way?

On 7/29/2020 at 1:56 AM, Faladrin said:

My "Piratisation" of one of the new Ninjago set : The 71717 Journey to the skull dungeons :

Nice work, Faladrin - you've put a Ninjago set to good use!

I've shared your MOC in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:47 AM, Murdoch17 said:

I've think it's awesome! I've been inspired to do the same, but one bigger: the skull-face of the dungeon itself is calling my name!

I think what I'll do is replicate what you did, add it to the right of the skull dungeon itself, and use it alongside my upcoming pirate ship MOC as a Goonies-inspired take on a immortal (undead, or cursed?) pirate crew's lair for my Adventurers.

Thanks for inspiring me!

You're welcome... :pir_laugh2:

I have the project to transform all the Ninjago serie. So when I get my hands on the Big skull dungeon set sure I'll Piratize it ... :pir-skel::pir-grin:

9 hours ago, jan kusters said:

I think this looks great. I was wondering, those 'stepping stones' (modified tiles with 2 studs) almost suggest a sort of game, taking steps with dice rolls. Is that an option? Could we make a pirate game that way?

It is already a game ! 

The official set is using the ninja wirl thingy to use it as a dice.

But it's better to use a Real dice instead. So A pirate game with it could be possible.

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Nice work, Faladrin - you've put a Ninjago set to good use!

I've shared your MOC in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group.

Thank you Sir... 

Glad to be published in FB:pir-huzzah2: