A few months long ago, I bought the 5282 Rc Buggy controller to work with the battery box and the buggy motors. As of yesterday, I found out that my controller's left switch (The Very Important Drive Switch) had up and died, leaving the other 3 switches working fine. (2 toggle on the back, steering on the front) I have tested my two buggy battery boxes (6293c01 & 6272c01), cables, and buggy motors and they all work fine. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before, and whether you all think I should buy a new one or get it repaired.

Picture of what the controller looks like:

Lego Electric, RC Controller Racer Buggy

In the best case you just have to open and clean it. That's what i did when i had problems. If you are not familiar with the internals of the controller, i can post pictures how to do it latest at the end of the week.

Ok thanks. I had opened it up but didn't fiddle with it too much. (didn't wanna mess something up)

1.  Remove the rubber parts and open the controller. For safty don't forget to remove the battery.1920x1280.jpg
  2. Remove the screw of at (1). At (2) the cover and the case are glued together. I used a butter knife to gently remove the cover.1920x1280.jpg
  3. Remove the cover from the case. No need to remove the metal spring.1920x1280.jpg
  4. Clean the marked part with rubber and alcohol. If there is rust, gently remove it with fine sand paper. Check also if all metal "fingers" have contact with the contacts on the board.1920x1280.jpg

Edited by Andman