The third block of my series of Art Nouveau/Jugendstil modulars:

50162285173_b6dd2538fa_b.jpg

The yellow building is called Kotiharju house. It is inspired by Eol in Helsinki's Katajanokka. It was work of Gesellius-Lindgren-Saarinen studio in 1903, when they were the most renowned architects in Finland. I took the form of strong, malleable plasted building by rounding the corners with gapless SNOT techniques; it took quite a lot of parts but looks clean and is very stable. My version is not exact copy, though. I wish the bay window on the left looked more solid, but it's hard to make compact bay windows with angled window panels.

50162823576_8b6dedc52c_b.jpg

The olive green building is called Kallioperä. The main inspiration is work of Gustaf Estlander who is more famous as a yatch designed, but was very active architect in Helsinki between 1901 and 1910. The round double portal is straight from Estlander's work. The grey natural stone details are inspired by famour works of Gesellius-Lindgren-Saarinen: Finnish National Museum and Pohjola Insurance Company. The shaping of the robust bay windows refers to Grahn-Hedman-Wasastjerna's works around Helsinki and the triangular "stone church" portal to Von Essen-Kallio-Ikäläinen's Norma in Katajanokka. This modular was made in two parts, the corner in spring 2019 for Hupicon exhibit, and the rest this spring.

50162823456_70fd9206b0_b.jpg

The third building, Primrose building, is more international. It is inspired by Viennese Secession and its applications that were well known in Finland at the time. The main source is Jungmann Square 1 building in Prague, but most of the neo-baroque details are left out to capture simpler, more elegant feel akin to Otto Wagner's work. Female masks with flowing hair were usual in Prague Art Nouveu but rare in Finland. They make a mental connection to my character builds. This one is quite complicated technically; especially the turrets are interesting complexes of SNOT techniques.

There is more on my blog, including my own source photos of actual buildings referred. Thanks!

NIce work on all three buildings. I can imagine that there's a lot of snot work goind on to manage all those curves.

The white building is my favorite, it looks very clean and cohesive (and I'm often drawn to symmetry) :classic:

Excellent. Does it open at the back ? I can remember when lego buildings would open at the back. Nowadays you guys open them up by taking off the roof and each floor.

H

This is simply amazing! I love all the details!

Edited by JintaiZ