Sign in to follow this  
Oky

SW references in the new Indy movie?

One thing that you can see throughout all Indy movies are those neat hidden Star Wars references. But whatching the new one, Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull, I didn't notice any. Have you seen them, or are there any at all?

Edit by Hinckley: This thread contains movie spoilers! Read at your own risk!

Edited by Hinckley
modified Sinner's spoiler warning to be more 'in your face!' :P

Somebody said "I have a bad feeling about this."

And what do you mean with other films? I can just remember at the first movie, with a sketch of C-3PO and R2-D2 on a wall and that the scene where Indy wanted to blow up the ark where shooted on the same place where R2 falls in the dessert from Episode 4.

And what do you mean with other films? I can just remember at the first movie, with a sketch of C-3PO and R2-D2 on a wall and that the scene where Indy wanted to blow up the ark where shooted on the same place where R2 falls in the dessert from Episode 4.

Oh yeah, I remember that now! That was Indy! LOL! :laugh:

As for the other films, the plane (as you can see in the set) Indy escapes with at the beginning of "Raiders" was called "OB-CPO" as in "Obi (Wan Kenobi) & C-3PO" and I am pretty sure that the name of a night club that Indy & the gang drive by in the beginning of "Temple" was something including the words "Obi Wan". :wink:

If anyone has a link to a complete list of SW references in Indy movies, can you please post it? Thanks!

Yes, Yes... I remember that line from the movie too. I remember that I recognized that line in some other movie but I just didnt realize it was in EP1.. thanks :thumbup:

I just thought of this!!... What about the fact that Mutt is Indy's son? (ala Darth and Luke). huh huh???

I just thought of this!!... What about the fact that Mutt is Indy's son? (ala Darth and Luke). huh huh???

Naaah. I think that is too far fetched. That is just a general movie plot cliche if at all. It would have to be like this to be a Star Wars reference:

Marion: "Indy, Mutt never told you whose son he really is!"

Indy: "He told me enough! He told me he never finished school!!!"

Marion: "No, Indy, YOU are his father!"

Indy: "Nooooh! That's not true! That's intolerable!"

Marion: "Search your feelings! You know it to be true!"

etc, etc....

:laugh:

Get it? "Intolerable"? Like Indy says in the movie as a reference to his own father! :laugh:

He says "Junior" a couple of times, too, but I didn't know how to build that in there. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Mutt Williams lego hair would go good on Hon Solo. :tongue:

The on thing i did not get in the movie is when Indie said "I like Ike" That made no sense. It also said that on the nuke. :wacko:

Mutt Williams lego hair would go good on Hon Solo. :tongue:

The on thing i did not get in the movie is when Indie said "I like Ike" That made no sense. It also said that on the nuke. :wacko:

'Ike' was the nickname for Dwight D. Eisenhower who was the president of the US at the time the movie took place (1957).

Well done, giving away a major spoiler there, BearHeart. That's just ruined the movie for lots of people.

Though it is predictable from early on in the film.

Not really, there's been lots of articles and stuff published about indy 4 that says its not set in the 1930's anymore, but in the 50's

The classic movies aren't set in the 1930's, they're in the early 1940's. :tongue:

'Ike' was the nickname for Dwight D. Eisenhower who was the president of the US at the time the movie took place (1957).

Thanks.

The classic movies aren't set in the 1930's, they're in the early 1940's. :tongue:

No, they're set in the '30's. Raiders in 1936, Temple of Doom in 1935, and Last Crusade in 1938.

Ok, seriously, the Mutt thing was a spoiler? I thought that was so widely known that no one could have missed it...

Plus we all know that the Jones kids picks nicknames based on their childhood dogs, right? "We called the dog Indiana..." :tongue:

What I want to know is if they did that joke, I expected it from the beginning (no, I haven't seen it yet).

Well done, giving away a major spoiler there, BearHeart. That's just ruined the movie for lots of people.

I haven't even seen the movie yet and figured that out. :tongue:

It's like saying "whips may be involved in the newest Indiana Jones movie".

(I was wondering how they'd try to keep the franchise going beyond Harrison Ford... then I saw the trailers and was like "Uuuuuuuuuugh." lol).

Apart from the bad feeling, I didn't really notice any SW references. However, after the chase in the government warehouse (which I thought to be a great plot location for Indy's comeback), you can see the Ark from the first film in a damaged crate :sweet:

Edited by Kahgarak

Maybe the

Alien that appaers in the end

? its nose does resemble Lama Su. :sceptic:

Umm... well, if you're reading this thread.. you should pretty much EXPECT spoilers... dont you think?? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I think all the SW references have been given already.

But I do know that in the first scene, the hotrod race was most likely a reference to American Graffiti :laugh: !