Veynom

[MOC] Palpatine's organ

And here comes the latest one: the TX-225 Katyoucha, directly derived from the Occupier tank.

50151777506_5742aac2c7_c.jpg
TX-225 Katyoucha by Veynom, on Flickr

When the Empire asked for a combat vehicle with superior firepower to support first-line troops from behind, Rothana Heavy Engineering decided to modify its somewhat popular TX-225 Occupier by adding a rocket launcher pod on the rear platform. The idea was to boost its tank production and benefit from the existing investments made for the Occupier. The impressive rocket launcher is able to fire its 16 rockets under 14 seconds if necessary with a deadly precision thanks to its mounted sensors.

Results were highly impressive and the Katyoucha was up to its promises, able to smash opponent's strongholds, positions, or even any facility with accurate effectiveness and a frightening noise crushing enemies' moral. Unfortunately, the Katyoucha suffered one deadly operational flow: reloading the rockets is slow process, mostly manual. Moreover, the TX-225 could only carry a few extra rockets under the platform and required an additional ammunition carrier to follow. In the end and give these operational limitations, the Empire selected the famous AT-AT and it sounded the end of the Katyoucha. This was a hard blow for Rothana Heavy Engineering.

50151229003_bda752fd47_c.jpg

50152016197_4dc95b649e_c.jpg

50152017582_8ce1890f72_c.jpg

50151228883_2d30866345_c.jpg

Compared to the original set, this model has been completely rebuilt from scratch. It is 2 studs longer and external similarities with the set are purposely made, in order to align the Katyoucha with Occupier tanks during upcoming Lego events.

PS: as often with my models and their story, everything is completely fandom and not canon. Star Wars Legends brick-based by Veynom, if you wish.

50151777691_3b16e77f8b_c.jpg

Edited by Veynom
Typo

I love the model as well, very smooth MOC.

I was confused the thread title though, I thought it might be a MOC of Palpatine in his life support rig.

Cheers :)

On 7/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, Omand said:

I was confused the thread title though, I thought it might be a MOC of Palpatine in his life support rig.

Same here :head_back:

Nevertheless this is a really cool MOC. The smoke and launches came out fantastic.

"A surprise to be sure but a welcome one"

On 7/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, Omand said:

I was confused the thread title though, I thought it might be a MOC of Palpatine in his life support rig

I think it's alluding the rocket launcher thing to the organ instrument. So "palpatine's organs" are rocket launchers, because that's pretty much palpatine for you.

Very impressive MOC, I might have to mod my hovertank to fit this. As with your medical corps MOCs, the story you add is just as good as the MOCs themselves. I love the idea that the tanks were phased out for AT-ATs, adding more lore to why they don't show up in the OT (besides of course not having existed in real life before rogue one). I'd love to see that Ammo Carrier someday!

Thank you all for the nice comments and sorry for the confusion with the name. 

I selected the title "Palpatine's  organ" as reference to the famous "Stalin's organ" which was the nickname given by German troops to the famous Russian Katyoucha rocket launchers. As my vehicle is very similar in shape and purpose to a WW2 rocket launcher, I decided to go with the same name. 

29 minutes ago, Veynom said:

Thank you all for the nice comments and sorry for the confusion with the name. 

I selected the title "Palpatine's  organ" as reference to the famous "Stalin's organ" which was the nickname given by German troops to the famous Russian Katyoucha rocket launchers. As my vehicle is very similar in shape and purpose to a WW2 rocket launcher, I decided to go with the same name. 

Yes, I am familiar with the term for the Katyusha launcher, so it made sense after review.  But it did throw me at first.

Cheers :)

Great design! The TX-225 works well as a platform for artillery weapons, and this is yet another impressive proof. Thank you! :classic: