Hi,

This thread is for the petition for LEGO to make a replacement set instead of 42113, if it has 4 function selectorrs and the dumb battery box I think it will be a good idea and would make me and many other technic fans happy

Note that this is not the same as the other 42113 petition, the petiiton in this thread is to have a new different set released within 2020 which would be fill the gap where 42113 was.
It is NOT a petition to reintroduce 42113.
Edited by SNIPE

As much as everyone is hurting or upset about the situation the lead time on lego projects would be more than six months. Lego would be better to release the parts via bricks and peices. Zero development time and no packaging costs. It seems to me a number of people have no idea of costs and time invested in getting a product to market 

38 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

As much as everyone is hurting or upset about the situation the lead time on lego projects would be more than six months. Lego would be better to release the parts via bricks and peices. Zero development time and no packaging costs. It seems to me a number of people have no idea of costs and time invested in getting a product to market 

Yes. I did consider that and that would be the main reason that LEGO will decide not to do this however you never know if you dont ask right?

By the time a replacement set comes, it'll be 2H of next year. By then we'll have long forgotten this and won't give a shit anymore.

You win some, you lose some, and I don't think there's much room to win here.

No need for such a petition, as they love making 4 function selector switch models. There will definitely be another. I would rather see a civilian Bell helicopter with full cyclic/ collective control (with new swash plate parts) and pitch control on the tail rotor, made in dark grey with orange and light grey/silver accents.

Considering the suspected production timeline of a set, if TLG starts to develop a replacement today then we can have it on shelves in August 2021. Instead of this I hope they'll find a fairly quick and effective way to process the recalled sets and release the parts through B&P. Another alternative would be to sell the separate bags from 42113 in bulk to Bricklink sellers who are interested (not the whole set, e.g. 100 No 1. bags), they can part it out and make the pieces available on the market.

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

By the time a replacement set comes, it'll be 2H of next year. By then we'll have long forgotten this and won't give a shit anymore.

You win some, you lose some, and I don't think there's much room to win here.

Wether we like it or not this is the most plausible answer. :thumbup:

30 minutes ago, kbalage said:

if TLG starts to develop a replacement today then we can have it on shelves in August 2021.

They could release a replacement set in August 2021.
But the August 2021 set designs are about to be finished now (August 2020). Adding a 130€ set in the lineup is not a small move (like removing a 130€ set in August 2020 set lineup) . And I doubt they will update the whole lineup to integrate another set.
So, if a replacement had to be, I'd say 2022.

56 minutes ago, Anio said:

They could release a replacement set in August 2021.
But the August 2021 set designs are about to be finished now (August 2020). Adding a 130€ set in the lineup is not a small move (like removing a 130€ set in August 2020 set lineup) . And I doubt they will update the whole lineup to integrate another set.
So, if a replacement had to be, I'd say 2022.

I couldn't agree more. And I don't think it will be reintroduced in 2022 neither. The best thing to do (in my opinion) is to forget the idea of a replacement set... If I am wrong, it will be a nice surprise ?

7 hours ago, allanp said:

Bell helicopter with full cyclic/ collective control

Bell 222? Airwolf?!! Ahh no.. its got guns on it. Bugger. 

Anyway, how does the VW group get away with it? They're made some pretty unsavoury friends back in the 30's and 40's.. if boeing are bad men, then VW are worse... 

(which country were the pressure group from again.... Mmmm)

10 hours ago, kbalage said:

Considering the suspected production timeline of a set, if TLG starts to develop a replacement today then we can have it on shelves in August 2021. Instead of this I hope they'll find a fairly quick and effective way to process the recalled sets and release the parts through B&P. Another alternative would be to sell the separate bags from 42113 in bulk to Bricklink sellers who are interested (not the whole set, e.g. 100 No 1. bags), they can part it out and make the pieces available on the market.

They should release a B-model. What, if they already have it? Printing new box and instructions, repacking the sets, and sell it again. Everyone happy. Could be an X-mas present.

9 hours ago, grego18f said:

I couldn't agree more. And I don't think it will be reintroduced in 2022 neither. The best thing to do (in my opinion) is to forget the idea of a replacement set... If I am wrong, it will be a nice surprise ?

I consider this too.  And i think they will never touch this plane again as well - because there is no civil version, as no civil organisation can afford and maintain such a plane for their works.

No matter how many people are rescued by the current version out of whatever situations. I suppose, they want us to forget about this very quickly, and to move on.

I also woudn´t wonder if they burn all the boxes and instructions, and recycle all the parts in the bags. 

Wow I had no idea that it takes that long to design a set :O

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Wow I had no idea that it takes that long to design a set :O

One to two years design time is not uncommon. It would be a interesting question to the former and current lego staff what was the longest design to production time set lego has produced. The Porsche gt3 was three years according to BBC motoring.

I think one problem is that in one year there will be knockoffs available. The normal approach of Lego is to keep sets secret until the release, so they have some time ahead. But in the case of a late re-release the competition would be right there from the start, so it might not be worth it. On the other hand it's going to bug them if they just leave the model to the knockoffs completely.