duifkelego

12V style railway station MOC

Hi All ,

Not being much of an MOC -er, somtimes I outdo myself.
I've always wanted to build a huge railway station based on the 7824 and 7822.

I built it 3 years ago but never finished it , it was collecting dust for 3 months before I took it down again , no room for such huge builds

Anyways ... enjoy :)

stotian%202.jpg

stotian%203.jpg

stotian%207.jpg

stotian%208.jpg

There is more on my bricksafe : https://www.bricksafe.com/pages/duifkelego/9-volt-pu-hybrid/12v-station

This is lovely and really takes me back!  Especially that red & black color scheme for the buildings, the lighting on the platform, and of course all the wires looped everywhere.  Would be great to see more if you ever resurrect it, but this is a nice bit of nostalgia right here.  :classic:

Nice expansion of the original sets. I like the zic-zac shape of the bridge and the little stand and the telephone box. The "control tower" looks like Classic Space ;-) I quess, the original from 7824 was designed by someone who designed Classic Space sets as well back in those days. Minifigures and trains are missing, maybe you have another chance for a photo session?

The olden days were better.

Very nice. Hope you will find time and space to rebuild and expand!

All the best
Thorsten

Love it. I built a few like this inspired by those sets too back in the day, I remember one in blue and black cos I didn’t have much red at the time.... Might have a photo I could scan (yes, it was that long ago ?)

Thanks for the positive feedback ! you guys made me start work on digitising the model in studio :pir_tong2:.

a side project for the moment as I'm now into upgrading and selling my 12V collection to make financial and physical room for new projects.

I hope I'll remember to share when its's done

So I spent a few hours putting the model into studio. It's not exactly the same build as on the previous pics but my fantasy ran wild. It comes in at a whopping 6200 parts already which forced me to lower the studio graphic settings, lol.  I would love to hear some feedback so I can improve on my MOC-ing skills. Can anyone guess by which lego 12v models I was inspired in this build ? :classic:

railway%20station%20studio%20snip%201.JP

railway%20station%20studio%20snip%202.JP

railway%20station%20studio%20snip%203.JP

On 8/31/2020 at 7:22 PM, duifkelego said:

Can anyone guess by which lego 12v models I was inspired in this build ?

Tricky question! I'll try my best! :laugh:

Gray Era phase I station(s):

• 7822 - including some variants - mainly for overpasses and all parts with fences.
  • 7777 for the restaurant-bar part

Gray Era phase II station:

• 7824 (for all parts with white "train" windows) and for the snack bar

Gray Era phase 1 and 2 level crossing

• 7834 (for the little cabin between 2nd and third track - but it could also be the little shed (2-3-1 steam locomotive page) in 7777.
  • 7866 (mainly for sloped windows)

But 12v does not mean only Gray Era - so you've an overpass building like in 148 station from the Blue Era.

There's a bus station like in some old catalogs images from 1980/81 (It was a specific set) and a level crossing immediately after the station like in 1983/84 catalogs.

I think it's all I can spot - but let me tell you the most important thing...it is magnificent! :wub::thumbup:

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk
typossssss