Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

Waterfall in the Jungles of Cascadia

50154919167_cce34a43d9_c.jpg

Dense vegetation climbs the steep slopes of the Cascadian Mountains. Where
birds twitter and monkeys screech, where plants flourish and mighty waterfalls
roar - this jaguar leaves no doubt that this is indeed the realm of mighty cats.

50154919107_d3c92d44a8_z.jpg

50154129678_0f922618e4_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Some great foliage work.

Only thing I’d say is that from a visual standpoint it might have benefitted from some olive green thrown in there to break things up a bit.

This is one of the best vegetation builds I've seen. Absolutely amazing! The second pic shows off the waterfall best, IMO. And I'd concur with Kwatchi that a little olive green would have been good, but I can;t complain about the existing color variation with bright and dark greens in addition to the regular green. Awesome MOC! :thumbup:

Very nice to see you building again Elos! Beautiful work here as always, I really like how lush and verdant the jungle appears. The birds and butterflies make for some nice splashes of colour as well. Fantastic job!

Wonderful lush foliage.  Good to see a build from you again!

Looks really good, full of details, the variety of flora and fauna is impressioning.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:18 PM, Kwatchi said:

Some great foliage work.

Only thing I’d say is that from a visual standpoint it might have benefitted from some olive green thrown in there to break things up a bit.

Thank you! I originally started it with three colours: Green, dark green, dark bluish grey; they make up all of the base. Then I added the waterfall (trans) and mixed in some sand green. The plants only had those original colours plus brown for trunks and bright green. The result looked good but kind of boring, so I decided to add flowers and animals for colour. I agree that olive green might have helped. If I had to do this MOC again it would provide a lot more colour and also more water, like a small pond in the jungle. :-)  

On 7/26/2020 at 7:21 PM, Capt Wolf said:

This is one of the best vegetation builds I've seen. Absolutely amazing! The second pic shows off the waterfall best, IMO. And I'd concur with Kwatchi that a little olive green would have been good, but I can;t complain about the existing color variation with bright and dark greens in addition to the regular green. Awesome MOC! :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words! :-)

On 7/26/2020 at 8:55 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Wow !! Wonderful vegetation, we really are in the jungle... the flowers are nicely chosen. This purple was the color touch needed.

Great work :thumbup:

Indeed. Without th purple it looked decent but boring...

On 7/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, Fraunces said:

I agree with the others, beautiful jungle foliage. Looks splendid.

Thank you, very much appreciated!

On 7/27/2020 at 2:05 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

That is some absolutely beautiful foliage, nice work Elostirion! 

Thanks a lot!

On 7/27/2020 at 11:31 AM, Ayrlego said:

Very nice to see you building again Elos! Beautiful work here as always, I really like how lush and verdant the jungle appears. The birds and butterflies make for some nice splashes of colour as well. Fantastic job!

Thank you! I have to admit that your jaguar tower was my main inspiration for how to make a jungle look dense.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:44 PM, Kai NRG said:

Wonderful lush foliage.  Good to see a build from you again!

Thanks! I will try to build more in the future.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, blackdeathgr said:

One of the coolest dense foliage mocs around! :thumbup:

Thank you, glad to hear you like it. :-)

On 7/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

This has got to be the best landscaping I've seen in a while! I love it! O:

Wow, those are some really nice words. Thank you!

On 7/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, Bodi said:

Looks really good, full of details, the variety of flora and fauna is impressioning.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Much appreciated.