Crazy bricks

N1-L3 Soviet Rocket MOC

Hi all

This is a MOC that I recently made commemorating the Soviet Union’s failed attempt at landing a Cosmonaut on the moon in the 1960-70s. It is the N1-L3 launch vehicle, and I could bore you with countless facts about this awesome machine, but I’ll just say that it managed to accidentally explode on all of it’s four launches! One of those was one of the largest man-made non-nuculer explosions in history.

I’m only 16 years old, so am limited by parts on hand for this MOC. 

Sadly none of these historic rockets survive today.

Enjoy the photos! 

Next to my Dad’s Saturn V:

IAHF5014IAHF5015IAHF5016IAHF5017IAHF5018IAHF5020IAHF5021IAHF5023IAHF5024IAHF5025

Edited by Crazy bricks

I think it looks great, and instantly recognizable as the N1.  Nice build, especially if some of your design choices were limited by parts on-hand!  What's next on your spacecraft/launch vehicle MOC list?  :wink:

2 hours ago, deraven said:

I think it looks great, and instantly recognizable as the N1.  Nice build, especially if some of your design choices were limited by parts on-hand!  What's next on your spacecraft/launch vehicle MOC list?  :wink:

Thanks! I don’t have any launch vehicles in the works right now, do you have any suggestions for the next one?

On 7/25/2020 at 1:48 PM, Crazy bricks said:

do you have any suggestions for the next one?

Why not do both a launch vehicle as well as spacecraft:  Buran Energia!  :classic: