Sérgio

CP2501 - Electric Locomotive

Hello!

My attempt to do an Old Electric Portuguese Locomotive.

Motorized with Power Functions.

Some parts do not exist in some colors, but I have no problem to paint if necessary :devil:

The most tricky part was the windshield, However I'm not 100% with this solution, I'll try to improve it later.

49988768937_bb65bca249_c.jpg

50144384358_edd493aaa2_c.jpg

50149879858_6e008acc7d_c.jpg

50146998332_301cb33c78_c.jpg

57409214_2121556654564371_27877277699103

1 hour ago, Sérgio said:

However I'm not 100% with this solution

Hi Sérgio,

you should be 150% with this solution - it is incredible!!! Your building skills are unbelievable.

This is a fantastic model - your creativity alone is beyond anything I can imagine.

Congratulations - I would use paint too. Right away!

All the best
Thorsten

I agree with Thorsten - that's an awesome method to get those curved windows, and the detailing over the rest of the loco looks pretty spot on. 

And as always, I love your renderings and presentation of your digital models - it feels much better than existing in a white void! Good work all round! 

6 hours ago, Sérgio said:

windshield

Mén.....
You did an awesome job with this.
That was a real hard one and you found a great solution.
One to remember.

Very nice work! As others have said, the building techniques for the windshield are great. I also like how you found the perfect piece for the headlights too!

Looks great, and I think you should be very satisfied with that window solution.  I like your buffer design, too.  Nice build!  :classic:

Hello Sergio,

the windshield looks Great. Also the whole locomotive. The color issues are difficult for this prototype, I think, without painting nearly impossible for your model.

The pictures are a little bit too Photoshoped for me. I wait for the building solution for the lights. ;-)

Question: the 2x2 halfround tile below the windshield: how do you attach this part at this position? I have also searched a solution for the same problem in my coaches, but I don't found one.

I hope, you can build this machine with real bricks.

Thomas

On 7/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, Toastie said:

you should be 150% with this solution - it is incredible!!!

20 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I agree with Thorsten - that's an awesome method to get those curved windows, and the detailing over the rest of the loco looks pretty spot on. 

16 hours ago, lego9vtrainfan said:

Very nice work! As others have said, the building techniques for the windshield are great.

14 hours ago, deraven said:

Looks great, and I think you should be very satisfied with that window solution. 

3 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, your solution for the windscreen is brilliant! :wub_drool:

I agree with @Toastie you should be 150% with this design!

I find a better solution, with less Gap and thinner middle section, now I'm 100%

don´t mind the diferent colors, it is the same model, but diferent color scheme:
116167553_2665674313702859_1185236568519

1 hour ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

This is really neat, although I feel like 8 or even 9w might have served you better. The prototype is really very fat looking.

I'm a 7 wide guy, Iberic trains have a larger gauge than normal, so I try to keep that in mind, and if I build an 8 or 9wide model, it won´t fit with the rest of my trains :)

The middle section of the windshield is 1 stud wide, that makes the ilusion of shorter windows, I change to 1plate, and now have the proportions mere like the real thing :)

14 hours ago, Ts__ said:

Question: the 2x2 halfround tile below the windshield: how do you attach this part at this position? I have also searched a solution for the same problem in my coaches, but I don't found one.

I hope, you can build this machine with real bricks.

Thomas

I can't make this on Stud.io,or LDD but in real bricks I "fixed" the tile like this:

115735218_2665662043704086_4477090412153