MaxBrix

R/C Motorcycle - Driver Leans to steer #2 + Cheating

The first motorcycle was great but it needed more range. So I rebuilt it with a better radio. But then things sort of got out of hand. First I accidentally ordered a brushless ESC. Then I had to get a motor right? I looked at the motor and realized it might work for an even faster motorcycle. The first bike was all Lego and I'm not claiming any Lego records so cheating should be ok, right? Just having fun. How much cheating is too much?  What about 3rd party lego compatible stuff like Buwizz and Sbrick? Sometimes I use a few small non-lego springs(like on his legs). Cutting grinding or reshaping Lego seems to make people mad, but Lego doesn't make the pieces I need sometimes and the hobby radio just works really well.

Hey, it's your hobby, and it looks like you had fun! Me too, btw, loved the video. :laugh:

That’s brilliant! Nothing wrong with sneaking a cheeky bit of electronic wizardry in there either.

Your first version was already very good, but I like it that you found ways to refine it to meet your standards and overcome the limitations of the Lego standard power and remote functions. Really enjoyed the video, had to laugh on multiple occasions. 

Well, if people are 3d printing their parts, why not use these kind of electronics. I know I would do neither (I'm an oldschool purist...:blush:) but I sure can enjoy these builds. It's only cheating if you don't like it yourself...

This bike is just MAD: very fast, nimble and the movements of that driver are really cool. His facial expression too btw...:grin:

Very cool bike, and nice video! Thanks for sharing. 

I'd not reshape parts nor use non-Lego motors myself, but it's just my approach. There's nothing wrong using your bricks the way you like, IMO. 

Great little project! The slow motion shots in the video are awesome, they really show the behaviour of the bike when faced with physics. 

How long does the battery last? 

Great little construction. I especially enjoyed the slo-mo head movement and face of the driver at around 3:36 :D

That's a great bike! Great use of your skills. I'm sure a toy bike with a leaning rider was around many moons ago (70's or 80's).

H

On 7/27/2020 at 8:32 PM, BusterHaus said:

Great little project! The slow motion shots in the video are awesome, they really show the behaviour of the bike when faced with physics. 

How long does the battery last? 

About 15-20 minutes. I never timed it. It's 850 MAH 3 cell. The demand on the battery is low. There is not that much time on the throttle. It spins the tire at less than half throttle.