2mpaired

[MOC] [Instructions] CR90 Corvette - Tantive IV and Liberator - 1:250 scale

Hello fellow Lego enthusiasts! The time has come to drop my second project! The CR90 Tantive IV and Liberator! I really tried to go for an accurately proportionate model, which was a challenge at this scale. The scale of this model is exactly 1:250 scale, measuring at 75 studs or 60cm/23.62in. The Tantive and Liberator are 3,178 pieces and 3,195 pieces respectively.

CR90 Tantive IV

This model really started to come together when I came up with a cone design for the CR90. I ran across Inthert’s Jellyfish Shiptember MOC last year. I saw how he did his engine cone and wondered to myself if I could half the size and mirror it to make a unique front cockpit cone for the Tantive. I was able to capture a lot of detail with this design that I feel is very difficult to capture at this scale, especially since I refused to use the 8 or 6 stud wide cone halves. Overall I’m super pleased with how this turned out. As it is, in my opinion, one of the hardest things to nail in Lego.

CR90 Tantive IV

Another big challenge I set for myself was I did not want to see any studs or plate undersides. I really try to make this a focal point of all my designs. So going more for a brick build rather than plates in some areas was a hurdle to overcome, but I learned so much doing this and I think it really adds to this model at this scale. 

I used the silver hats in the engines as I’m always trying to go after that studio model look. I really liked how it added more detail to the engines. However, you can easily change them out for the transparent orange dishes, I know some people love seeing that engine glow!

CR90 Tantive IV

Just like my star destroyer, the model is supported all on one removable stand. It really makes more sense to have that feature with this model than the destroyer. Since the CR90 definitely has a “swoosh” factor. 

CR90 Tantive IV

On top of it all, I also made the Liberator. I know so many people would want to see a Liberator variant of this model and I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to do it. Now I did not build the Liberator physically myself, but you can view both physical models over on BrickVault’s video. I just made a few renders of the model that way you can get the gist of the Liberator variant.

CR90 Liberator

I hope you all enjoy it! It was a challenge and one that I’m very pleased with the results. You can build either the Tantive, Liberator, or both by picking up the instructions over at BrickVault.

Wow I love the scale, always wanted a smaller tantive, might have add it to the build list!