Sign in to follow this  
SteamSewnEmpire

[moc] Reading I-9SC 2-8-0

1 hour ago, Phleep said:

excellent

Thanks.

I went ahead and raised the tender 1 brick and lengthened it 2 studs. I feel like these are closer proportions (in my defense, it's really hard to tell the dimensions of a thing when it's at an angle).

WuUQubz.png

I have at least considered lengthening the wheelbase of the engine by 1/2 stud per wheel (keeping the read of the loco the same), but am kind of on the fence on that one, and will await any feedback.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

Looks great! I agree that those angle shots are tough to judge scale. I'd be interested to see what it looks like with the wheelbase lengthened, as you mentioned. From the pictures it looks like there may be a little more gap between the wheels than what you have. After you mentioned it I kind of feel like the boiler may be a little compressed. Maybe try lengthening it by a stud. I also think you could lengthen the cab by one brick. Or maybe just attach a plate SNOT-wise against the back end of the cab to give it a tad more length if one brick is too much. 

In any case good work, and cool prototype! I look forward to seeing how you choose to update it.

2 hours ago, mark6399 said:

Looks great! I agree that those angle shots are tough to judge scale. I'd be interested to see what it looks like with the wheelbase lengthened, as you mentioned. From the pictures it looks like there may be a little more gap between the wheels than what you have. After you mentioned it I kind of feel like the boiler may be a little compressed. Maybe try lengthening it by a stud. I also think you could lengthen the cab by one brick. Or maybe just attach a plate SNOT-wise against the back end of the cab to give it a tad more length if one brick is too much. 

In any case good work, and cool prototype! I look forward to seeing how you choose to update it.

Alright, longer (boiler one stud longer; wheelbase extended, cab extended one tile):

vkZAsNk.png

Longer chasing a killbot:

SfUZPGu.png

Longer chasing a killbot with the bobber:

I2gAk8Z.png

Wow - that is a great looking train!  You've captured all the key details very nicely, and nothing looks out of place or off-scale.  Well, the leading wheel set looks like it might be a bit bulky/extended too far forward compared to the real thing.  Great build!  :classic:

Wow Wow Wow.  This is my favorite model you have created. Hands down when I saw this model I 100% loved it, the updated one looks even better. I would love to see this one in real bricks one day(or at least in a render) more than any of your other builds.  This is just stunning.

3 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Alright, longer (boiler one stud longer; wheelbase extended, cab extended one tile):

Well done! Looks great!

2 hours ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

Wow Wow Wow.  This is my favorite model you have created. Hands down when I saw this model I 100% loved it, the updated one looks even better. I would love to see this one in real bricks one day(or at least in a render) more than any of your other builds.  This is just stunning.

I'll see what I can do. We should have another coronavirus stimulus coming. I likely can't do anything until I move in September. My only concern with this locomotive is that it's kind of... short (like base to roof). Still, the photos appear to line up, so I'm not sure where to go from here. 

2 hours ago, mark6399 said:

Well done! Looks great!

Thanks - do you believe the shape changes were for the better?

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

8 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Thanks - do you believe the shape changes were for the better?

I think so. I really like this one!

Great model, love all the greebling details!

I Think, bending all those hoses so perfectly on LDD that must be a pain in the megablocks :laugh:

Normally I wouldn't post some slight rework, but - while it may not look like it - this is an entirely new locomotive:

uTv1woX.png

B9TSTLU.png

The drivers are shifted forward 1/2 stud, the boiler is a full plate wider vertically and horizontally (you can see the gaps where I am missing brackets, but that will be rectified when built. It's gone from 2 large PF motors to one XL motor (with proper gearing so it doesn't run too slow); all the tubing is redone... etc., etc.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Normally I wouldn't post some slight rework, but - while it may not look like it - this is an entirely new locomotive:

uTv1woX.png

B9TSTLU.png

The drivers are shifted forward 1/2 stud, the boiler is a full plate wider vertically and horizontally (you can see the gaps where I am missing brackets, but that will be rectified when built. It's gone from 2 large PF motors to one XL motor (with proper gearing so it doesn't run too slow); all the tubing is redone... etc., etc.

You can try Stud.io, it is a little bit more complex than LDD, have more parts (like that missed brackets), more features and you can render your models to have a better view of them.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:57 AM, Sérgio said:

You can try Stud.io, it is a little bit more complex than LDD, have more parts (like that missed brackets), more features and you can render your models to have a better view of them.

Or do 99% of the work on LDD and just import to stud.io for the last 1% (missing brackets) and rendering