ks6349

How much does mixed bundle of Lego set will you pay for

5 kg of mixed and used Lego bricks and they are mostly from City sets 5-10 years ago,

nothing particular taken away, e.g. mini-figures, base plates, How much will you pay for

it? Assume his claim is true. He is asking for $100. Is it a real deal? I don't know too

much about price of items sold like this, I almost always buy new sets in box but I don't

want to over pay for something. Please advise thanks so much. 

That is a mid-to-high price per kilo and quite high for just City but it depends on the condition (as used means anywhere between excellent and trash), what pieces are missing, what the sets / minifigures are and whether they are mixed up then divided up into lots or near complete sets just mixed up. Another big factor is location. For heavy collection only lots, you get better prices where there is a large population of middle class family children nearby. And the country matters - are you in Vietnam or Canada?

Edited by MAB

Around 10 - 15 years ago it used to be considered £10 gbp per kilo in the UK when buying new bricks in bulk was a good deal.  

in some places like Legoland those price per kgs started rising rapidly to nearer £45 per kg.  Obviously they caught on that buying bulk Lego Was like buying loose sweets at the cinema.  

for used bricks, I guess it depends on the sets which might be in the mixed lot.  If I was a seller i would think $20 a kg was about right, especially if I remembered what I’d originally paid for the sets.

i’d take a look and make the seller an offer if you are interested.

Paul

On 7/26/2020 at 3:23 AM, paul_delahaye said:

Around 10 - 15 years ago it used to be considered £10 gbp per kilo in the UK when buying new bricks in bulk was a good deal.  

in some places like Legoland those price per kgs started rising rapidly to nearer £45 per kg.  Obviously they caught on that buying bulk Lego Was like buying loose sweets at the cinema.  

for used bricks, I guess it depends on the sets which might be in the mixed lot.  If I was a seller i would think $20 a kg was about right, especially if I remembered what I’d originally paid for the sets.

i’d take a look and make the seller an offer if you are interested.

Paul

Where did you buy new bricks in bulk for £10 gbp per kilo? I think you can only get new mixed bricks from Lego store and no where else right?

On 7/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, ks6349 said:

Where did you buy new bricks in bulk for £10 gbp per kilo? I think you can only get new mixed bricks from Lego store and no where else right?

You can buy bulk new bricks from parted out sets on eBay, Bricklink, Facebook marketplace, Craig's list, and so on.