Rudivdk

[SOLVED] LPub3D - Parts show up in PLI but not in BOM

Hi there, I have another (noob?) question...

When I am creating instructions for an LDCad model, I can see all my parts showing up nicely in the respective steps PLI. But when I generate the BOM at the end of the instructions, I found that some parts are missing. I have double checked, but for these parts I did not include any PLI IGN statement (I did use that for some bent parts, replacing them with straight ones in PLI and BOM, so I know the drill...). I'm using LDview as preferred renderer (LDGlite and POVRay are also installed). 'LGEO is available' is not checked. Is somehow LPub3D and/or LDview using a different path/file for rendering PLI and rendering BOM?

• LDCad 1.6c
  • LPub3D v2.3.13 r113
  • LDview64 4.2.0.2

I have downloaded the latest complete.zip from inside LDview's update functionality, but that didn't fix it...

Update: I generated the instruction PDF (without the BOM), but now the exact same parts are also gone from PLI of their respective steps. They still show up in the assembly though...

Looks like a part related issue, could it be because I have updated those parts manually to my parts folders. I know there was something like 'mklist'(?) to generate a partlist file, probably those added parts are missing from there. I'll search around further but any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Rudivdk
added remark after pdf creation

Well that didn't work out...

Next option: I found this thread in EB forums 

It points me to refreshing two zipfiles with a local copy of the LDraw parts libraries specifically used by LPub3D for rendering PLI and BOM. This would explain why the parts I manually updated to my main folders are shown in LDCad, and rendered correctly in the assembly pics in LPub3D, since these use the shared parts library.

Update time...

Fixed it. I downloaded and unpacked the latest complete.zip and ldrawunf.zip from ldraw.org to my parts folders, copied the still-packed zipfiles into the local user folder referenced by LPub3D for PLI and BOM rendering (so both places have the exact same set of parts) and all works correct now.

So a thing to remember: keep the zipfiles 1:1 in sync with your downloaded parts and all is good.

Edited by Rudivdk