Ngoc Nguyen

[REVIEW] 42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey

On 8/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Bartybum said:

Big lmao. I wouldn't attribute to malice what can just be attributed to stupidity. I think it's possible that TLG genuinely had no idea

So they were somehow unaware that it violated policy throughout the entirety of what must have been almost a year of design, production, etc... and also they were unaware of an obvious flaw that everyone experiences upon building the set implying both poor production and a lack of testing which should be standard?

Either way, this is just another in the line of Lego's declining quality and contradictions.

Edited by Scarilian

@Ngoc Nguyen

sorry for going OT, but can you tell me the built dimensions of the 42113, 42114, 42112, and 42107 if you have those sets? I want to know because I want to make a display shelf for all of those sets.

Edited by tommyreno
Misspelled

Just now, tommyreno said:

@Ngoc Nguyen

sorry for going OT, but can you tell me the built dimensions of the 42113, 42114, 42112, and 42107 if you have those sets? I want to know because I want to make a display shelf for all of those sets.

I haven't got my paws on the 112 and 114 yet. Will inform you later.

40 minutes ago, tommyreno said:

@Ngoc Nguyen

Whatr about the drawings issue by Lego:

42112_alt15.jpg

42114_alt16.jpg

On 8/8/2020 at 1:07 AM, Scarilian said:

So they were somehow unaware that it violated policy throughout the entirety of what must have been almost a year of design, production, etc... and also they were unaware of an obvious flaw that everyone experiences upon building the set implying both poor production and a lack of testing which should be standard?

Either way, this is just another in the line of Lego's declining quality and contradictions.

I also think it's ridiculous.

91SftjezzXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That's CLEARLY based on an F-35. So... what's kosher about that over the Osprey?

I absolutely guarantee that the F-35 is going to kill more people over its lifespan than a transport hybrid. 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

2 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

91SftjezzXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That's CLEARLY based on an F-35. So... what's kosher about that over the Osprey?

I absolutely guarantee that the F-35 is going to kill more people over its lifespan than a transport hybrid. 

You are right. But now what? It wont change anything about the 42113, regardless how many example you will find. The sooner we get over it, the better.

Creator and other theme is a BASE MODEL... 

While

TECHNIC is a BASE REPRESENTATIVE...

It Moves... it KILLS...???

7 hours ago, Andman said:

You are right. But now what? It wont change anything about the 42113, regardless how many example you will find. The sooner we get over it, the better.

I'm not raging - I wasn't going to buy the thing anyway (I'm just not a Technic person, is all). But I feel for the people who were... and I don't appreciate hypocrisy from Lego. And, let's be honest, they've been shoveling it on pretty thick a lot lately (remember the 'police are bad, mmmkay?' thing from earlier this summer?). "Guns are evil," but cowboys and U.S. cavalry armed with rifles, pistols, and even a Gatling Gun are okay?

91D00kt5rNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I don't for a moment begrudge the inclusion of these themes - I want violence. So do kids - it's simply human nature. We, as a species, enjoy action; our stories and legends are tales of loss and triumph over adversity, and when that adversity is human in nature, it's typically well armed.

But I don't appreciate being preached to by a company that actively profits from historical - and even, occasionally, contemporary - death and destruction about how 'evil' violence as a whole is (not in the least because it's enormously silly - did the medieval knight with his arm cut off, left to bleed to death on the battlefield somehow suffer less than some victim of a hypothetical missile strike from the V-22? C'mon. I know which death I'd choose if given the option). If the Osprey was pulled because there were serious QC issues, that's an entirely other can of worms, and they should be honest about it. But if it was truly yanked because some nebulous internal policy was ignored, only to be last-minute applied helter-skelter to this single instance of portraying a machine of war, Lego deserves to take more than a small amount of flak. 

13 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

You said it yourself. It’s based on something. There are no profits going to Lockheed. You may or may not agree with the cancellation of 42113 but I think it should be clear to everyone that the license here was the issue. The 42025 is clearly based on a C130, but there was no license and no ties to any military and as such it was totally fine to release as a toy.

What you really should have said is why they made a Sopwith (two in fact) and a Red Baron, which were in fact used by a military to kill humans during WW1. 

Whilst I love a chancer, I think this person listing a Bell 42113 for £25k GBP is a little optimistic.  They are certainly right in saying it's the most expensive set ever......if anyone was stupid enough to pay their asking price.  I do wonder what people are thinking when another person lists the same set buy it not for £500 

They appear to be selling for £400 - £500 at the moment in the UK on the ebay market.  You do ave to laugh, 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-42113-Technic-Bell-Boeing-Osprey-Most-Expensive-Lego-Set-Ever/333798198185?epid=2310801034&hash=item4db7ec4ba9:g:1AUAAOSwoMhfR9Di

6k kroner here in Norway on Finn.no right now.
That's about £500.

I could only find one store that was trying to sell them before they were recalled - and of course, they never had any stock available for sale that i could see. So this doesn't surprise me at all.

The new ferrari contains the new rotor blade in black, so I guess it's just a matter of time before you can buy the parts you need to recreate it yourself.

I personally wouldnt bother with those hoarder prices.

Good news, according to promobricks.de the Osprey battery box was sighted on a polish shop. Box looks like this and it costs around 30€. But not on stock.
lego-88015-battery-box_1.jpg

I've just found out that the whole fictional Rescue logo and typeface aren't things that started with the Osprey. They first appeared in the 42092 Rescue Helicopter.

42092-1.jpg?201811291126

42113_alt3.jpg