Ngoc Nguyen

[REVIEW] 42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey

4 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Is there a problem even with a normal usage? (No blocking propellers, stopping functions as soon as the movements are completed)

Yes there is. The spinning blades only worked fine the first time I turned the function on for the first time. The gears always skip and click after that.

4 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Yes, it will fit. Someone could also try the use of a z8+z24 clutch gear (3:1) next to the motor. This is normally used in PF upgrades.

The 24z gear doesnt fit, because its diameter is larger than 3 modules.

4 hours ago, Lipko said:

For this reason I thought that this technique is not quite "legal" way to make this kind of clutch. Definitely something I wouldn't expect from an official set. Maybe we'll see axles used as torsion bars next :rofl:

It was already used in the spinning blades of 42025.

In your own opinion, after so many review for pros and cons , will you still buy it for $220? Bcoz if found only two available set for the said price... 

I need your opinion 

Tnx

6 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

In your own opinion, after so many review for pros and cons , will you still buy it for $220? Bcoz if found only two available set for the said price... 

I need your opinion 

Tnx

That's an acceptable price for a rare set. Think of it as buying a 2H flagship. I bought mine for the equivalent of 209$. The VND price on the box was equivalent to 262$, but luckily for me there was a 20% discount sales. But I was ready to put down 262$ when I stepped into the store.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That's an acceptable price for a rare set. Think of it as buying a 2H flagship. I bought mine for the equivalent of 209$. The VND price on the box was equivalent to 262$, but luckily for me there was a 20% discount sales. But I was ready to put down 262$ when I stepped into the store.

Well then, tnx very much ...

After all i can mod it base on your progress 

The spinning blades do have an overload protection mechanism, but it doesn't kick in. When I blocked the blades with my finger, the motor stalled completely. My reasoning for the mechanism's failure to activate effectively is like this:

When the blade is blocked, the torque required to spin the blades suddenly increase, and is larger than then torque transmitted from the motor. In order for the motor to slip, the torque from the motor must be larger than the friction torque of the linear clutch. Unfortunately, because of the missing gearing down, the drivetrain from the motor keeps spinning and try to spin the blades.

Replacing the linear clutch with a new clutch that slips more easily doesn't solve the root problem. Because the torque from the motor is already insufficient to drive the spinning blades, if the clutch slips more easily it will keep slipping.

QUICK, if in UK get to Smyth's, not listed on website but they are on the shelves, however the two copies at my local sold in the first 30 seconds (luckily I snagged one of them)

For me its not a flaw is more in a No-Go situation, No-Go bcoz there's a parts that will damage in a long run, 

I cant believe that,knowing the designer will play the set in so many hours...

On 8/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, allanp said:

QUICK, if in UK get to Smyth's, not listed on website but they are on the shelves, however the two copies at my local sold in the first 30 seconds (luckily I snagged one of them)

You where very lucky we have had to deal with scalpers who I hope rot in hell or the tax department chases.

800x1689.jpg

8 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

You where very lucky we have had to deal with scalpers who I hope rot in hell or the tax department chases.

800x1689.jpg

How did someone get so many of them?! At least Smyths had the wisdom to restrict them to one per click and collect order, which stopped opportunists from grabbing too many of them.

13 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

800x1689.jpg

Holy crap I wish that was me lmao. Someone better make sure he pays tax on that

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Holy crap I wish that was me lmao. Someone better make sure he pays tax on that

This person in question rang pretty much every warehouse and farmers in Auckland and got all th 42113s put on hold for her.. a friend of mine literally followed her around five shops. Unfortunately the big boxes here do not give a rat's megablocks this is also quite problematic with hotwheels sone one scalps the one you need for the set so your stuck paying premium dollars.. I will be honest if my local big box received the 42113 I would have three sets as I get access to new releases  before they go on the shelves  I had the 42112 on the 22 of August not something that I would shout about here nor on facebook. I am generally am a hour and a half drive to my closest lego supplier so I'm sure as not going to ruin the relationship we have..

Now that is a big brained move. Ah well, just build it as closely as you can with existing pieces.

7 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

This person in question rang pretty much every warehouse and farmers in Auckland and got all th 42113s put on hold for her.. a friend of mine literally followed her around five shops. Unfortunately the big boxes here do not give a rat's megablocks this is also quite problematic with hotwheels sone one scalps the one you need for the set so your stuck paying premium dollars.. I will be honest if my local big box received the 42113 I would have three sets as I get access to new releases  before they go on the shelves  I had the 42112 on the 22 of August not something that I would shout about here nor on facebook. I am generally am a hour and a half drive to my closest lego supplier so I'm sure as not going to ruin the relationship we have..

You travelled 3 weeks into the future to get it? ?

@brickless_kiwi: There was a guy at the brick show on the weekend in Palmy that also had one from the warehouse. Seems they had quite a few locally in store out the back, and I guess sold them to whoever was in the know. Wish I'd gone in!

On 7/28/2020 at 6:48 PM, TBS said:

He was originally replying to this.

As of time of writing, original reply had no quote so cannot tell specificially what they were referring to.

Regarding the idea of Lego allowing sales of pre-shipped sets, that still goes against the reason they recalled the set. Either let people buy it or don't - but to allow some to buy it makes it a commodity and creates further outrage at the stupidity of Lego's decisions to remove the product now rather than when this set had criticisim months ago.

On 7/28/2020 at 7:37 PM, arnoldtblumberg said:

That sounds perfect to me. No reason LEGO should in any way produce sets or work with companies that are involved in military activities. I applaud LEGO's decision, late though it may have been, and hope it does indeed set a precedent. They can come up with other things to make toy versions, and no one is entitled to this or any other set. If you want to reinvigorate your Technic interest, there's plenty out there to enjoy! Have fun!

Lego has already produced military related sets multiple times, included realistic looking guns alongside varying forms of tanks and other military vehicles. In this case the goal of the set was not to portray a military activity and the set was finalised and being released. The Osprey itself is not inherently militarised, features no weapons and is displayed in a 'rescue' setting.

If a company makes and promotes a set, they have a duty to deliver on the set. If they fail to deliver on the set then the customer is entitled to be frustrated by this. They were marketted a set and told it would be released and at the last moment the company removes it from sale yet allows it to flood online at exorbitant prices. Especially when it was removed while other sets that break Lego's nonsensical and contradictory rule were not. All this entire thing has done is left Lego financially worse off, created an aftermarket on Ebay, disappointed customers, annoyed retailers who had demand and pre-sales for the product and likely given more power to an organisation that frankly seems unjustified in picking Lego's portrayal as opposed to the model kits or knock-off Lego brands that produce military vehicles consistently.

Removing it now is a slap in the face to those who wanted to get the set, which is now a commodity valued at around $1k+ and worse still contradicts themselves when they previously released the Black Widow movie set featuring a CH-47 Chinook, one of the most well known military vehicles in existance and developed entirely for the US army and depicted in the Lego set being used for militarised purposes and covered in guns including a play feature blaster :wall:

ch47f.jpg

On 8/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, JonathanM said:

@brickless_kiwi: There was a guy at the brick show on the weekend in Palmy that also had one from the warehouse. Seems they had quite a few locally in store out the back, and I guess sold them to whoever was in the know. Wish I'd gone in!

Here is a suttle hint... warehouse tend to ship stock to stores generally five days in advance. However generally I'm a tight megablocks and wait for sales or use the warehouse price beat.. 

Ironically I was in plamy on the weekend picking up one of our feller bunches.. 

Big lmao. I wouldn't attribute to malice what can just be attributed to stupidity. I think it's possible that TLG genuinely had no idea

12 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

had no idea

Having no idea that the set violates their policy and having no idea that the set chews gears are equally laughable