marvelBoy123

[Q10 - Ota - TT] All's well that ends well (Murder on the Frozen World Conclusion)

*Your entry has earned 7 XP*

Farantros narrative:

Do you know how to tell the time of a victim's death? Normally you would look at the body temperature - if the body is cold then they have been dead a while. Doesn't work on Ota though, the body temperature drops rapidly and the corpse would drop to a stable temperature in minutes. And so our time of death had to be estimated as some time between when the victim was last seen and the discovery of the body. Except our murder wasn't committed in this window of opportunity. You see, the murder had an accomplice in this case and it happened to be the most deadly accomplice of all - the victim himself. Isn't that right, Coomar?

50140711852_44d2666bf1_b.jpg

50140475581_460ae6bc21_c.jpg

When Coomar found the body, Lantpenn was in fact not dead at all, but lying face down in the snow very much alive. Coomar sent away the troopers with him to go and get help quickly and as such, they had only the opportunity to glance at the body, they had no reason to suspect that Coomar was not telling the truth. I spoke to one of the troopers who could confirm that Coomar was alone on the platform for around 5 minutes - long enough to execute his plan. Coomar gave Lantpenn the signal to remain still then removed the A-280 rifle from underneath the platform where he had stored it in preparation. With a silencer attached, he shot Lantpenn then buried the rifle in the snow at the edge of the platform. He had told Lantpenn to hold the statue and so was set up a crime scene which would surely lead us to the Snogar as the culprits.

50139937193_5b3b672d1a_b.jpg
50140480811_87e4539d7a_c.jpg

You are probably wondering why Coomar would kill his own mentor and how he managed to get him to cooperate. Well that is an interesting question. See to pull of the killing, Coomar had to plan not one but two murders. Lantpenn knew he was about to be fired by high command for his insistence on mining in the Snogar holy land and so was interested when Coomar approached him with a proposition. He had told Lantpenn that together they could fake Lantpenn's death, blaming it on the Snogar. That way, Coomar would be given permission to start a war against the 'Snogar aggressors'. Consequently, they could capture the holy land for mining. Meanwhile, Coomar would give Lantpenn a generous salary from the mining operations so he could settle down to a comfortable life somewhere in the outer rim. It was a complicated plan, but Coomar was able to persuade Lantpenn that it would be beneficial for both of them and so he agreed. Coomar however was eager to grab all the power for himself and so planned to double cross his mentor - turning on him during what Lantpenn thought was the 'fake murder'. It seemed a flawless plan until you looked a little closer into what Coomar had been doing the past few weeks. He was the one who caught the rebel spy, confiscating his weapon. He was also responsible for diplomatic relations with the Snogar meaning that he could easily have got hold of the statue when he visited them two weeks ago. Oh and of course the trajectory of the blaster shot means that the victim had to be shot from the platform. 

Coomar: That is all very well but you can't prove any of this, it is speculation and nothing more, it certainly won't be enough evidence to get me convicted...

Farantros: I'm sorry, do you think this is the New Kriffing Republic or something? You don't get a trial, both you and Lantpenn conspired against the Triumvirate, endangered our relations with the Snogar and all for what - a fancy title and a few credits. I have permission to have you terminated right now.

(With that Farantros promptly strangled him)

50140712142_1228d462a9_c.jpg

50140477316_9e2d0ab187_b.jpg

Epilogue:

Well, I didn't have permission to kill him at all but I had just about had enough of all of them so at least it served as an example. As for how I would explain it to command, well I claimed that he had become violent and tried to attack me meaning that it was self-defence. I knew that everyone there would back me up, after all, they didn't want the same fate.

Anyway, all's well that ends well and perhaps the future of Ota was bright: Marcburk became Administrator of the planet and managed to strike a deal with the Snogar (mining in certain parts of the holy land in return for the Snogar being given jobs on the station and allowed access to more advanced technology), Rix Dangir remained in custody, I gave Tariq J a good reference for his assistance and I finally got to leave  the planet hopefully off to somewhere more interesting for once. 

Hopefully this explains the floor design of the last build, I want the Snogar architecture to be quite ornate, something of a contrast to what they have become.

Edited by goatman461

That floor detailing is really nice, a good colour palette choice too 

that speeder could perhaps do with a little extra greebling?

Edited by n1majneb
Spelling error

HAH! This is great! Love the ending! Fine little scene to wrap it all up. I have to give it to Farantros - trying to pull this shit off in the Triumvirate would probably end with execution anyways... 

Excellent work! And good wrap up. Thanks very much for having me on board to help with this. 

The whole build is great, with all the patterns and the speeder. The story is superb also, you did a great job with this storyline!