Ah no, that's unacceptable! That colour scheme is totally military! Bone white and blood red? Won't somebody please think of the children?!

(just kidding, the colours are very nice and I just wanted to send some barbs towards TLG)

EDIT: you can also buy some of the exclusive pieces for a reasonable price form b&p Australia

FYI the Orange t-shaped liftarm is no longer exclusive. It was in the 42128

Parts available on b&p AU

- Rotor Blade (Sian Side Skirt) in Black, part number 65422 / 6305550
- Technic Panel 5x11 Tapered in Orange, part number 18945 / 6303439
- Technic Panel 3x5 #1 in DBG, part number 87080 / 6013548
- Technic Panel 3x5 #2 in DBG, part number 87086 / 6303445

On 9/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, AVCampos said:

Ah no, that's unacceptable! That colour scheme is totally military! Bone white and blood red? Won't somebody please think of the children?!

(just kidding, the colours are very nice and I just wanted to send some barbs towards TLG)

Think the real reason it was cancelled was the fact that the model could easily chew up its gears.

I like the color scheme, now it looks not like a military-purposed aircraft but 24h-flight one for passengers endurance challenge :laugh:

Honestly, I even love these Technic-made rotor blades more than pre-molded ones, even if they are non-scaled the best to the model size.

The color scheme is nice! I like the use of the wheel rims on the rotor pods. Also the searchlight in the front is nice. (Take some notes next for the next time you build a rescue aircraft, lego!) 

Edited by tommyreno

This is a great thread, loads of mods and tips :)

I downloaded the file to put into a bricklink wishlist but it keeps coming up 2 bricks short with 163 instead of 165 bricks, and a lot of the headache comes from having to meticulously go through the downloaded pdf instructions, cross reference with the parts list and try and figure out what parts need to be changed into what colours, just to make it match up with the original osprey set and it has become confusing.

After a while I started wondering why I would want the original colours when I could make a version that looks better- my idea came after seeing the white and red version pictures in this thread, and it made me think of the Airbus 42175 which I feel has the right balance of colour for a rescue aircraft.

My plan is to build the Osprey in that colour scheme to have them side by side and keep my boxed osprey safe and sound. Has anybody else thought of this and did so?

Still finding that .csv file really problematic to go through, adding to the difficulty is that even the lego instruction sheet pdf shows entirely different part numbers :P

Any tips for figuring all this out?

Cheers,

A.

13 minutes ago, andromeda_girl said:

Still finding that .csv file really problematic to go through, adding to the difficulty is that even the lego instruction sheet pdf shows entirely different part numbers :P

Any tips for figuring all this out?

Cheers,

A.

On rebrickable you can upload csv files to a custom list and execute mass changes, e.g. color swaps. Not sure which items you need to replace but certainly better than in a csv file

Just now, andromeda_girl said:

just to make it match up with the original osprey set

You can't really build the Osprey in its original color scheme anyway, as some parts only appear in this set. The Maiden version (red and white) is the version that is easiest to collect the parts for.

yeah that maiden flight version is close to what i want to build, just with a colour scheme like the new airbus helicopter in red white and neon yellow. that is more realistic rescue themed colour,  IMHO.

it's just mind-bending to try and figure out what parts would get what colours. some are clear to figure out, others- not so much. may have to double up on some parts to figure it out :P
good to know rebrickable might make sorting them easier.

46 minutes ago, andromeda_girl said:

it's just mind-bending to try and figure out what parts would get what colours

If there's a CAD version of it made, you can try downloading and editing it to swap colours as you see fit before buying the parts.

3 hours ago, andromeda_girl said:

it's just mind-bending to try and figure out what parts would get what colours. some are clear to figure out, others- not so much. may have to double up on some parts to figure it out :P
good to know rebrickable might make sorting them easier.

I have a Studio model of the maiden flight version.

https://bricksafe.com/files/nguyengiangoc/original-models/42113 Maiden Flight.io

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen