Not in Australia..... you cant even get any of the specific parts online here anymore either ;-(

Consider yourself the luckiest of the lucky!

Oh dear, didn‘t think of that. If you really want them then I could send you 6 blades but it wont be that cheap. Would be around 57 AUD. Send me a PN if you‘re interested.

Edited by tismabrick

Hi everyone,

Here to share my [Full RC] LEGO RC 4 channel V22 Osprey with BuWizz 2.0 with you.

https://www.facebook.com/108612990614715/videos/408954520230917/

- BuWizz 2.0 x1 https://buwizz.com?ref=75

- L motor x1 for the landing gear control.

- M motor x3

>the hatch door control

>the engine direction control

>the propeller rotating

I ordered the blades and the remaining panels I needed yesterday by calling the Lego customer service number. They charged my account and sent a confirmation email so that's usually a good sign.Fingers crossed. I tried to order the dumb battery box but no go; the rep told me she showed they would be available on December 17th.

7 minutes ago, Vaionaut said:

Just saw the press release of the new Technic Ferrari at brickset. Seems like it contains the black rotor blades from the osprey as side skirts :)

Yes, and the three curved panels on top of the model are finally available in red. White-red Osprey is finally feasible.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Yes, and the three curved panels on top of the model are finally available in red. White-red Osprey is finally feasible.

50787682438_cba2022e36_h.jpg

First of all, a big thank you to @Ngoc Nguyen and @Andman for their work on this topic. Ospreys make training flights to my local airport, so it's a must have, even at eBay's prices. However, I haven't built many Technic sets, so the grinding gear fix is confusing to me.

1) Andman's PDF appears to show the original gear design and two alternate fixes. If so, is one fix better than the other?
2) Does the replacement gear assembly start on p.163, Step 220 of the instructions, and continue to the 3-beam in Step 223?

I think I understand the torque fix PDF. We'll see!

Is there a list of the extra parts that are needed to do the gearing and torque mods? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Technic parts, so it would be hard for me to figure out what the pieces are.

I'm also hoping that @efferman will keep working on his wing stowage mod. That's such an iconic feature of the Osprey.

Edited by petero
user tags didn't work

27 minutes ago, petero said:

I'm also hoping that @efferman will keep working on his wing stowage mod.

the next days my black propellerblades will arrive

On 2/2/2021 at 3:44 AM, petero said:

1) Andman's PDF appears to show the original gear design and two alternate fixes. If so, is one fix better than the other?
2) Does the replacement gear assembly start on p.163, Step 220 of the instructions, and continue to the 3-beam in Step 223?

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

1) The second version is better because the gears are braced from both sides.

2) Yes.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:44 AM, petero said:

Is there a list of the extra parts that are needed to do the gearing and torque mods?

Yes. I've just added them to the first post.

Required additional parts for the gearing mod:

- 3x 8z gears, part number 10928
- 2x 5L thin liftarm with axle holes, part number 11478.

Required additional parts for the torque mod:

- 1x 3L liftarm, part number 32523.
- 2x 20z gear, part number 32269
- 1x 2L pin connector, part number 62462
- 2x Pinhole with pins on both sides, part number 87082
- 2x Half bush, part number 4265c
- 2x 2L axle connector, part number 6538c
- 2x 6L axle, part number 3706

Thank you @Ngoc Nguyen for the clarifications and parts lists. Don't worry about the late reply - my Osprey hasn't left Russia yet, so it'll be awhile before it gets to me. In the meantime, I can order the extra parts and be ready when it gets here. I've also started building the Osprey in Studio, which will be a fun but daunting task. I've used LDD for many years, but it will still be a steep learning curve. Already I've had to learn how to import a part (the battery box) from the LDraw parts library, and I'll have to fix its connectivity before it will actually be usable.

I'm also starting to build the 42114 Volvo Articulated Hauler, so I'm learning a lot about Technic gearboxes from that!

28 minutes ago, petero said:

Don't worry about the late reply - my Osprey hasn't left Russia yet

Did yoy pay 500+ USD for it? *oh2*

No... but shipping and tax pushed it over $500. I started out by pricing the parts on Bricklink (thanks to your lists!). The Bricklink parts were about $300 plus shipping charges from 6 or 7 stores. When I added the battery box, rotor blades and triangular panels from LEGO, the cost ended up close to $400. For a bit more than that, I could get the official LEGO set instead. I figure that in 10 years the real, used set will be worth far more than a pile of 1500 parts that happen to build an Osprey :laugh:

Ospreys train at my local airport about once a month, so this is a must-have set for me :wub:. Of course, they don't have orange markings and Rescue on them, but I can live with that. Maybe someday I'll replace the orange pieces with gray :classic:

29 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

By how much ...?

Approximately 108 USD for both, including shipping. The seller is from Hong Kong.

8 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Why did you buy it at this price? I thought that you had the Osprey.

I bought it to build a separate copy of the B model I designed - the Chinook CH-47.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I bought it to build a separate copy of the B model I designed - the Chinook CH-47.

Now That I’d be interested in seeing!

1 minute ago, wg100 said:

Now That I’d be interested in seeing!

This is the progress thread.

This is how it looks.

145755481_2842758409300796_7479252001107

48 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Approximately 108 USD for both, including shipping. The seller is from Hong Kong.

That’s not too bad. It’s £29.99 each in the UK, so ~$82 + p&p