17 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Has anyone been able to order the black rotor blades and the dumb hub from TLG?

when ordered my parts black blades were listed but out of stock

Edited by gregorski904

Took about 5 weeks from order to delivery of parts that I bought from Lego direct in Europe.

9 hours ago, gregorski904 said:

black blades were listed but out of stock

This means that they will only become available again with a new design since there is currently no reason to mold a new batch.
Some kind of Schrödingers brick: It's there but it's not there :laugh_hard:

Finished building last night. Looks great! Glad I decided to get the parts together.

n9xpy0hxcdp51.jpg

12 hours ago, wg100 said:

Finished building last night. Looks great! Glad I decided to get the parts together.

What is the solution for the motor and the battery box that you used?

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What is the solution for the motor and the battery box that you used?

Used the Control+ Hub with Power Up L motor and the lever designed by chefkaspa from Rebrickable.

Added the extra three 8z gears in the gearbox as per this method: 50172960462_c32fe3751c_o.png
Haven’t gotten round to modding the engine gearbox yet.

4 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Where are the lime screws from ?

You mean the propeller blades? From the Lamborghini.

I did have a chance finally to test how the Osprey's gear-crunching works exactly and what are the potential fixes:

Unfortunately the fix suggested by Huw in his Brickset article has its own issues and it is not a viable solution. I tested the version suggested by @wg100 with some slight modifications, and it seems to hold better. I still don't think it is the ultimate solution, but creating one would require some bigger design changes in the gearbox. 

16 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Actually it's user's abuse.

No, it definitely is a quality control issue. It’s a design that can be broken very easily, even by kids. This set has pretty severe mechanical issues.

The parts I ordered to reconstruct a white-red 42113 replica have arrived. I'll do a test build this weekend and report on anything noteworthy. I'm gonna use the PF L motor and Seo-on Daddy's solution for the battery box.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

All of the parts for the reconstructed version are here.

No description available.

I found a problem with @Seo-onDaddy's battery box solution.

14.jpg

This design pushes the end with the switch (driver's side) slightly away from the pin hole in the panel. If I tried to force the 5.5 axle, the middle section of the design bends slightly forward, and this is not desirable. My fix for this is that I replaced the two 2L thin liftarm with the rubber 2L liftarm with two axle holes.

The second problem with the previous design is that in the original setup, the wire for the L motor will go out from the front and will be squeezed by the cockpit subassembly. There is no place to route the wire for the L motor. My solution is that I removed one hole in the brick line and routed the wire from between the switch axle and the red connector.

I finished the reconstructed version I put in the first post.

20201017_122235

As mentioned above, I found two problems with Seoon-Daddy's battery box. However, they are minor problems and can be fixed quickly. Then I found out a 3rd problem. The rotor doesn't tilt up. This can be due to either:

- The battery box doesn't provide enough energy
- The motor doesn't have enough torque, I recalled having read somewhere that the PF L motor has slightly less torque than the Control+ L motor
- The custom rotor blades are heavier than the official blade.

Hiya All,

I finally got 6 Lambo blades in and well... spray painted them black (ducks!) Just used a $2.99 can of cheapie paint (fiddly bits brand from Bunnings).

They were really hard to get in Australia (no one had more than 2!) but since then I found a store that has 14, with special pricing on 2 lots of 6.

https://store.bricklink.com/fantechnic?p=fantechnic#/shop?o={"itemID":189768}

They also have all of the Sian panels and I noted an orange T !!!  (but too pricey for me!)

Hopefully some real black blades will be available soon, but in the mean time sprayed ones do the job for me!