Did you already model the new clutch elements (6257336 and 6257337) from the Liebherr/4x4 in Studio? It's also missing from the parts library.

Aren't most of the dimensions of the curved panels known already, since they're pretty much the same as the non-tapered version of that piece. It just needs some tweaking to look a little bit like the real thing, it's not like we're striving for 100% accuracy, but rather a reasonable digital model.
As for the rotors themselves, close-enough should be good-enough, since they don't really interact with anything beyond their connection points.

I've been building from the BI from Ngoc Nquyen for an hour in LDD. 

I came up to step 20. 

50140844462_21e8f29a78_z.jpg

I think i will stop now. Building some model that I will never get my hands on (through TLG), doesn't work for me.

Who else is having fun?  Maybe we should coordinate our efforts.

By the way Step 297 has an error in it, the 4L tan axle is pushed in too deep through the tan bevel gear.  It's corrected in Step 301.

YZqH0kv.png

qQyVFYX.png

Would it be possible to get the alternate part numbers for the weird parts?  You did so with a few parts but I'm having a hard time Bricklinking all these parts.

54 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

By the way Step 297 has an error in it, the 4L tan axle is pushed in too deep through the tan bevel gear.  It's corrected in Step 301.

Yes. I got confused twice because of this step when building the two rotors.

7 minutes ago, epetrie said:

Would it be possible to get the alternate part numbers for the weird parts?  You did so with a few parts but I'm having a hard time Bricklinking all these parts.

What parts are you referring to? I provided both mold numbers and color numbers. If you're talking the blade and the two triangular panels, they dont have mold numbers because they havent been registered to Bricklink's database. Even the Sian's inventory doesnt have them.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, suffocation said:

@Ngoc Nguyen When the wheels are extended, how much clearance is there between ground and battery box?

1.5 stud.

2.5 for other areas.

Abysmal ground clearance! Completely unsuitable for off road traveling! Also no suspension whatsoever! Steering is also missing! What kind of offroad vehicle is this! #imkidding

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I replaced the triangular curved panels with the regular curved panels. Because they arch over the 3x5 frames I have to move them 1 stud forward.

20200722_234429

Doesnt look bad at all! No more need for the new triangular panels.

First 99/418 steps completed. The alignment of the landing gear and ramp were a pain in the a**, but it's a clever mechanism.
iRQ1wj5.png

Edited by R0Sch

5 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

First 99/418 steps completed. The alignment of the landing gear and ramp were a pain in the a**, but it's a clever mechanism.

You put the assembly for the upper half of the rear ramp on to the wrong pin.

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

1.5 stud.

2.5 for other areas.

Abysmal ground clearance! Completely unsuitable for off road traveling! Also no suspension whatsoever! Steering is also missing! What kind of offroad vehicle is this!

It's a disgrace! And what have the Romans ever done for us? :roflmao:

Cheers dude, thanks :wub:

18 minutes ago, suffocation said:

And what have the Romans ever done for us?

Anyway it ends up with "Always look on bright side of life..."

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Yes. I got confused twice because of this step when building the two rotors.

What parts are you referring to? I provided both mold numbers and color numbers. If you're talking the blade and the two triangular panels, they dont have mold numbers because they havent been registered to Bricklink's database. Even the Sian's inventory doesnt have them.

Sorry I’m sorta new to bricklinking. I started backwards from page 2 on the parts and only tried a couple, most the orange pieces came up with nothing. I’m not sure the difference between mould numbers and coloured numbers. Where do I find a mould number so I can just create my own colour scheme

2 minutes ago, epetrie said:

I’m not sure the difference between mould numbers and coloured numbers

The difference the mold number and the colored number is that the mold number is for that type of piece only, while the colored number is for a mold plus a specific color.

In the list of new parts I wrote, the mold number is the 5-digit on before the slash. The color number is the 9-digit one after the slash. The numbers in the part list photos are always only colored numbers. Sometimes a colored part already exists in one colored number, but for some reasons TLG assigned it a new colored number. If you can't find a colored number, you should browse around to find any set that has that same piece, and then go to its inventory page. You should be able to find the mold number there. Bricklink does return results when you search for colored numbers, but it doesn't list that anywhere on the website.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

@Ngoc Nguyen, thank you very much for publishing the instruction.

edit:

could you please take a checkered piece of paper and lay a rotorblade on it? i want to replicate it in cad

Edited by efferman

8 minutes ago, efferman said:

could you please take a checkered piece of paper and lay a rotorblade on it? i want to replicate it in cad

Sariel did it better. Go to 8:41.

19 minutes ago, efferman said:

If you need more details let me know.

I have finished building the set in LDD, it took about 3 hours and 20 minutes. I'm using a few custom parts made by the great guys in the LDD Forum, but I don't have everything this set needs - I don't have a good replacement for the angular panels without significantly rearranging things, and I'm using combinations of existing parts to replace the linear clutch, rotor blades, and both the Control+ elements.

LXF File

Screenshot

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

11 Parts not included (see the first post)

+ 3 Parts i did not found:

6303436 1 -> Could be this 87086 1

6303434 1 -> Could be this 87080 1

6303440 4 -> Could be this 24119 4

Added now to the Bricklink List.

Bricklink List: 

https://pastebin.com/a8TaMR9m

Edited by Alitai
Spoiler Tag for the massive list!

I'm glad that we can at least have the instructions for this set, if nothing else. I was more likely to try to build it out of my collection that to buy it outright, so I am glad that this set design was not entirely lost.