niteangel

[ MOC ] VCPD - Police Station

Hi everyone, long time no see! I would like to present my latest creation, after a long pause in my LEGO life due to a new family member, and this time it is about setting up more important public services to the citizen of my brick city, the police station!

50079824167_f062a7d691_c.jpg

Despite the limited space, the new police station is packed with all the necessary features for its daily operation. The Command Center for Operation and Response Team (CCORT) stands in the city under sand blue, black and grey major colors, getting rid of the usual bright blue palette. Here is the shot with the people and vehicles:

50079824032_49a88ab304_c.jpg

I am an architect (in reality) and I always want to put some architectural language into my creation (you know, to inspire others and to educate the younger ones when I have talks and workshops with them), and I am glad that this time this piece of work is an extension of what I learnt over the years, with expressions in colors, patterns and massing.

50078998658_fb8c41ae99_c.jpg

50078997338_be78622617_c.jpg

The ground floor is all for the cars. You can find the main entrance where bigger transport cars can be parked, and connects to the two smaller garages in the back which have their own entries too.

50078998688_1618cabc73_c.jpg

50079823172_b9c0899ae2_c.jpg

50079568536_79d8335660_c.jpg

Giving way to the vehicular entries, the reception is moved to the first floor led by a wide staircase which becomes a welcoming and prominent feature along the street. Above it are the detention section, interview rooms, and one record room.

50079823307_3d8ccc64af_c.jpg

50078998038_9e225bfa72_c.jpg

50078997423_db20b40a92_c.jpg

Going further up will be the main office for the officers, accompanied with pantry and the female restroom. Half of the area is a double volume space to receive more daylight through the big window. There’s also a meeting room which can be used as a war room if needed.

50079823532_d2ec88747f_c.jpg

50078998203_a39a1ec0a2_c.jpg

Above them will be the laboratory and equipment room, where evidence can be analyzed and where weapons and tools are stored. There are also the male restroom and one meeting room. Speaking of the restrooms, both of them have shower in case the overworked officers need to take a break.

50079569141_3cfc692059_c.jpg

50079823042_e5223d510f_c.jpg

Finally you will reach the top floor where the director’s office and flight control room are located.

50078998443_7a3c55cdee_c.jpg

One can also reach the rooftop which is an Orca pad. The parking receiver is usually closed, and extends out upon Orca landing. The charging equipment sits on the side. Seldom do we see an Orca here actually since it’s usually parked for charging and equipment check.

50079823697_10247af198_c.jpg

Now, VCPD (V City Police Department) has a solid base for daily operations, providing all the services and support to the citizens in the town! Hope you all enjoy the design and you can see a little more photos here. Cheers!

Super cool! 

Your Police station is at this level

Lego city police station is at This level

?

2g_bricks

That is absolutely amazing! I never would have thought a modern police station could look this good! Really cool seeing a real architect's ability come to life in LEGO form! :laugh:

What an incredible looking police station! Your skills as an architect and an AFOL are evident in this awesome build.

Really great looking station, with a ton of great details and features as well!  Nicely thought-out and executed, and the fact that the exterior is attractive and an interesting shape while keeping a functional interior is always great to see.  Great build!  :classic:

This looks like a legit Lego catalogue design. Should start and distribute our own designs

That's a great looking station! Do you have shots of those vehicles? Cause those look pretty nice too.

Love the modern facade on this building!  Great job on the interior too.

Totally different architectural approach than my police station and totally awesome. :)

The modern design is simply great and all the interior details are very clever. Love it!

Charming modern architecture, beautifully crafted! :wub:
I really like the detail with the tiles arranged vertically

The interior are totally cool!

Only an AFOL can make such a masterpiece! :pir-love:

Thank you everyone for the compliments and support! And thanks Eurobricks for featuring it on the front page as well!

On 7/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, SD100 said:

That's a great looking station! Do you have shots of those vehicles? Cause those look pretty nice too.

Sure! You can check them out here!

Thanks again!

This is the most gorgeous police station I have ever seen! I absolutely love the long panel architectural detail on the front facade. (not sure what the proper name for it is) I also love the inclusion of the ramp at the entrance of the garage to prevent unauthorized entry. Your attention to detail shows that you put a lot of time, effort and creativity into this MOC. Great stuff!

16 hours ago, rock raider said:

This is the most gorgeous police station I have ever seen! I absolutely love the long panel architectural detail on the front facade. (not sure what the proper name for it is) I also love the inclusion of the ramp at the entrance of the garage to prevent unauthorized entry. Your attention to detail shows that you put a lot of time, effort and creativity into this MOC. Great stuff!

Thanks!