Hinckley

FABUPUNK Mafia! Day Three—Equally Fruitful

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_002.jpg

confirmation_003.jpg

confirmation_004.jpg

confirmation_005.jpg

confirmation_006.jpg

confirmation_007.jpg

confirmation_008.jpg

confirmation_009.jpg

confirmation_010.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

*This is also no indication of what caused Wyeth's death...

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

confirmation_001.jpg

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Defectors) or the Scum (Loyalists). To win the game, the Town must kill off all threats to the Town, while the Mafia needs to kill off all players who are not a member of their team, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles. In this setup, a draw is possible.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves, unless otherwise noted in your role PM. Players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Defectors) or Scum (Loyalists) or Neutral

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all threats to the Defectors are eliminated) or (You win when all players who are not Loyalists are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

Character Quirk: Roleplaying is encouraged in this game. I have given each of you a suggestion of a character quirk you may choose to play or not. Feel free to make up your own.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

6a. PMing is only allowed during the Night phase for every player.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

govind_100.jpg

Govind Goat, Captain of The Pluto

pernilla_100.jpg

Pernilla, a pig

pernilla_100.jpg

Omrom, a baby dragon

Players

calissa_100.jpg

Calissa Cat, female, Baroness

caylin_100.jpg

Caylin Cow, female, Princess of the FABUrealms

evren_100.jpg

Evren Elephant, male, Master of City Development

fergus_100.jpg

Fergus Fox, male, Master of Agriculture

hayleigh_100.jpg

Hayleigh Hippo, female, Mistress of Coin

lyev_100.jpg

Lyev Lion, male, Master of War

maddock_100.jpg

Maddock Monkey, male, Master of Steam Technology

pembroke_100.jpg

Pembroke Panda, male, Spiritual Advisor

The Deceased

priella_100.jpg

Priella Pig, female, Leader of the High Council, lynched on Day OneLoyalist

shanley_100.jpg

Shanley Sheepdog, male, High Commander of the Imperial Fleet, murdered on Night OneDefector

hendrik_100.jpg

Hendrick Horse, male, Captain of the Royal Guard, lynched on Day TwoDefector

keyarra_100.jpg

Keyarra Crocodile, female, Ambassador to the Dragon Realms, murdered on Night TwoDefector

wyeth_100.jpg

Wyeth Walrus, male, Magistrate, murdered on Night TwoLoyalist

Day Three has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. All PMing or writeboard activity must now cease. There is no outside communication allowed during the Day thread. Thank you!

The Twicktew has chosen dis setup fow today:

1 Amnesic Investigatow

1 Jaiwkeepew

1 Watchew

Wowe PMs fow tonight's one-shot actions wiww go out befowe voting stawts.

The Scum wiww have theiw standawd bwock and factionaw kiww. Have fun!

Hi! I'm Caylin Cow! I am the luxurious princess of the FABUrealms.

After we lynched Hendrick, I started to question our decision, but I was unsure. So I'm sad him and Keyarra were dead and turned up to be one of us. But we got Wyeth the evil scum! That dirty magistrate. He was no good. Sad he turned on us!

Well well well, one more scum down! In retrospect I shouldn’t have doubted you Hendrick, you were bang on with your carnival knowledge of Wyeth’s alignment.

And with Wyeth’s death I think that takes care of the “if you had to pick one of the three investigation targets to be scum” question, though as was pointed out yesterday it’s possible one of the investigators was scum and passed along a false town reading.

I'm starting to think those little blue things are aliens, they give me nightmares!

Great news on the walrus. He hadn't ever struck me as too suspicious, so it's a good thing he died in the night. Slightly odd that there is no indication of what killed him, it must be odd since it was specifically pointed out, but I'm not sure that's a mystery we need to solve, to be honest.

So that's 2 scum down and some of us more confidently confirmed as town. Overall, a pretty good night.

Shame about the horny croc. Was he on to something that got him killed? I know he wanted to be on something that might have killed him, but he never seemed to get the chance.

Wow, I guess the whole lost track of time thing was actually true. I never suspected the walrus either, but the horse saw it day one and none of us listened.  So, horse I am sorry (I cry into the voice, below deck) and Lion, I will have to rethink that as well.  Please, just everyone let's keep my fuzzy balls out of this. I have a nice collection of marbles here if anyone wants something small and round to play with.

Great that we got another scum!  And I'm glad it wasn't the bloodbath we had expected.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, Hendrick Horse said:

Ouch. :cry_sad:

Sorry, horsie-poo!

On 7/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, Hayleigh Hippo said:

I'm obviously not going to be suspicious of myself, and knowing that the crazy cow, no offense intended, reported it accurately makes me trust her a little more, despite the possibility of a scum trying to look good. 

Caylin was the first to vote for Priella on Day one and also pushed Hendrick to vote for Priella.  I'm inclined to believe Caylin is town, but nice try at making her look bad.  

On 7/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, Hayleigh Hippo said:

So, of the other two, Fergus is the most suspicious to me, since he had the oddly failed frame. That said, it isn't much to base anything on and it raises just as many questions about his target. Maybe more questions about her. Plus it still leaves a chance of the scum trying to make him look bad.

This bugged me too because you went from saying earlier that you thought I was town to then being more suspicious than Wyeth.  This feels like you were trying to divert suspicion, even more so now that Wyeth is confirmed scum.

1 hour ago, Maddock Monkey said:

And with Wyeth’s death I think that takes care of the “if you had to pick one of the three investigation targets to be scum” question, though as was pointed out yesterday it’s possible one of the investigators was scum and passed along a false town reading.

I'm inclined to think Evren is town (mostly on the basis that he voted third for Priella on Day 1), so I think it's more likely the insane investigator action or a frame by a scum.

1 hour ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Great news on the walrus. He hadn't ever struck me as too suspicious, so it's a good thing he died in the night. Slightly odd that there is no indication of what killed him, it must be odd since it was specifically pointed out, but I'm not sure that's a mystery we need to solve, to be honest.

If you're scum, you probably want people to be kept in the dark. 

I killed Wyeth last night using the vigilante action. 

I tossed up between Hayleigh and Wyeth.  My choice of Wyeth was partially driven on the assumption that Hendrick was scum, but Wyeth wouldn't vote for him and voted fro Evren instead.  He voted for Hendrick yesterday, but the writing was on the wall for horsie-poo well before voting opened.  And also a theory that Priella would have listed one scum in the three people she called out in her "why me" speech.  For reference, the three were Hayleigh, Wyeth and myself. 

What are the chances she actually called out two of her scum buddies?  And then also that we got two town results on two scum?  Not looking for any data or percentages - I think we've already established the probability is low.  I'm raising these questions mostly because this is the only thing that is stopping me from being sure the remaining scum is Hayleigh.

My first thought when I got the vigilante action was to use it on Calissa, on the basis of wanting to get rid of the trickster.  But then it occurred to me that I would probably end up with another unsuccessful result and she would absorb a kill action that she can then use on us later in the game.  I suggest we don't target her with any of the actions that are being handed out today and lynch her instead.  

Back on the scum hunt, the adorable Omrom mentioned that the scum have their factional kill and the block tonight.  Does that mean a double up of actions tonight for the last scum, or there are actually still two left?  I had been working on the assumption of three because four seemed too many given we know we have a neutral.

I have focused on Hayleigh so far, but I still have a question mark over Lyev.  Thoughts on him to come later when I've had a chance to go back through the last couple of days.

1 hour ago, Fergus Fox said:

Caylin was the first to vote for Priella on Day one and also pushed Hendrick to vote for Priella.  I'm inclined to believe Caylin is town, but nice try at making her look bad.

How exactly was I trying to make her look bad? I'm not going to exclude any possibility, but it wasn't even my idea that the scum might try vouching for someone in the town. I should add that calling her crazy wasn't anything more than a response to her quirk, and I don't think I'm the only one to notice that. At least I didn't call her an alien.

This bugged me too because you went from saying earlier that you thought I was town to then being more suspicious than Wyeth.  This feels like you were trying to divert suspicion, even more so now that Wyeth is confirmed scum.

I never, for a moment, suspected Wyeth of being scum and thought the horse was trying to misdirect us, so you, being the only person who had been involved in an odd situation, had to be the most suspicious. The blocked frame is still weird to me, but given that we now know that our investigators were sane, I'm inclined to trust you and go back to the other possibility, the cat is the trickster. The odds are certainly a lot better.

I tossed up between Hayleigh and Wyeth.

I'm glad you made the right choice, at least, it's rare for a vig. I did not have an action, for the second night in a row, so you would have been safe, but the town would have been hurt a lot.

What are the chances she actually called out two of her scum buddies?  And then also that we got two town results on two scum?  Not looking for any data or percentages - I think we've already established the probability is low.  I'm raising these questions mostly because this is the only thing that is stopping me from being sure the remaining scum is Hayleigh.

Ridiculously low for all of that to line up, and basically impossible for anyone to orchestrate. I still don't understand your suspicion, but at least it wasn't as much as you suspected Wyeth.

2 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

My first thought when I got the vigilante action was to use it on Calissa, on the basis of wanting to get rid of the trickster.  But then it occurred to me that I would probably end up with another unsuccessful result and she would absorb a kill action that she can then use on us later in the game.  I suggest we don't target her with any of the actions that are being handed out today and lynch her instead.

That was something I wondered/worried about given how the absorber thing might work. I agree that the only safe way to kill the trickster, and I also assume it's the cat, is by lynch. So here's the only problem I have with all of it. The wiki makes it clear that a trickster can be any alignment. I'm inclined to think that the choices made thus far make them look neutral, since choosing framers and investigators could have easily hurt the town dramatically, which based on numbers is likely their first goal. To follow up with PGOs was likely to result in a bloodbath of the kind only a neutral would want. I don't even know what to make of today's choices, but not knowing what other options may have been presented, this might be the most destructive.

2 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Back on the scum hunt, the adorable Omrom mentioned that the scum have their factional kill and the block tonight.  Does that mean a double up of actions tonight for the last scum, or there are actually still two left?  I had been working on the assumption of three because four seemed too many given we know we have a neutral.

It also, theoretically, tells us that the scum have never targeted the trickster or they might have lost one of those actions. I say might, because the wiki says that sometimes actions are taken for one night, and sometimes forever. I also thought there were likely to be 3 scum and still do, so one scum could be allowed to do more than one thing in a night. The other possibility is that Omrom can't say "oh hey, there is only one scum left, so they only get one action" without revealing too much. He also can't actually say all those words. It would be more like ... nope, can't do it. Hurts my head too much.

Oh, one other possibility with only one scum remaining would be that they have those as their available actions, but can only choose one. What he said leaves a lot to interpretation, really.

5 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

I killed Wyeth last night using the vigilante action. 

CioPEEmXAAEnm9t.jpg

3 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

but given that we now know that our investigators were sane,

Or the Evren is scum.

How exactly was I trying to make her look bad? I'm not going to exclude any possibility, but it wasn't even my idea that the scum might try vouching for someone in the town. I should add that calling her crazy wasn't anything more than a response to her quirk, and I don't think I'm the only one to notice that. At least I didn't call her an alien.

You suggested that she might be scum trying to look good (by reporting you as town).  It doesn't really matter whether it was your idea originally that this could be a possibility.  Similarly, crazy and aliens have nothing to do with it either.

I never, for a moment, suspected Wyeth of being scum and thought the horse was trying to misdirect us, so you, being the only person who had been involved in an odd situation, had to be the most suspicious. The blocked frame is still weird to me, but given that we now know that our investigators were sane, I'm inclined to trust you and go back to the other possibility, the cat is the trickster. The odds are certainly a lot better.

You never really said anything about Wyeth one way or the other, despite his questionable behaviour on Day 1.  You also didn't think that Priella was suspicious.  

Who do you think is scum?

That was something I wondered/worried about given how the absorber thing might work. I agree that the only safe way to kill the trickster, and I also assume it's the cat, is by lynch. So here's the only problem I have with all of it. The wiki makes it clear that a trickster can be any alignment. I'm inclined to think that the choices made thus far make them look neutral, since choosing framers and investigators could have easily hurt the town dramatically, which based on numbers is likely their first goal. To follow up with PGOs was likely to result in a bloodbath of the kind only a neutral would want. I don't even know what to make of today's choices, but not knowing what other options may have been presented, this might be the most destructive.

The rules state that the scum have to eliminate everyone who is not on their team, while we (i.e. town, which may or may not include you) have to eliminate all threats to town.  To me, this leave the possibility that scum have more to gain by taking out the trickster than we do.   

I also thought there were likely to be 3 scum and still do, so one scum could be allowed to do more than one thing in a night. The other possibility is that Omrom can't say "oh hey, there is only one scum left, so they only get one action" without revealing too much. He also can't actually say all those words. It would be more like ... nope, can't do it. Hurts my head too much.

Oh, one other possibility with only one scum remaining would be that they have those as their available actions, but can only choose one. What he said leaves a lot to interpretation, really.

Good point.

39 minutes ago, Lyev Lion said:

Or the Evren is scum.

What has he done to suggest he is scummy?  

It would be good to hear you views on who you think is scummy.  I went back through the last couple of days and you said lots but there wasn't much in terms of views on anyone other than Hendrick.

17 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

What has he done to suggest he is scummy?  

He could have been a insane investigator, a sane investigator and Wyeth was framed, or he's scum who got an investigative role and said Wyeth was town.

58 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

You suggested that she might be scum trying to look good (by reporting you as town).  It doesn't really matter whether it was your idea originally that this could be a possibility.

No, I said I trusted her a little more for reporting accurately, but did acknowledge the possibility of a scum trying to look good. That was a reasonable thing to note because it is legitimately a possibility, even if I doubt it is the case. If I had ever felt that was definitely the case, I would have said so.

59 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Who do you think is scum?

At this point, I have no suspicions strong enough to actually follow them, but I am watching a few things closely. I don't think it's wise to potentially warn them into behaving differently.

51 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

The rules state that the scum have to eliminate everyone who is not on their team, while we (i.e. town, which may or may not include you) have to eliminate all threats to town.  To me, this leave the possibility that scum have more to gain by taking out the trickster than we do.

So why do you seem to want to lynch the person you think is the trickster? Personally, I think they're likely a threat to the town, thus part of our job to eliminate, but you wouldn't be wrong to say we can't prove it and that the scum have a much clearer directive on the subject.

Here are my following thoughts after looking back on Day 2.

Either Evran or Hayleigh are top choices for scum. Evran investigated Wyeth and returned with a town result. So Evran was insane or scum, right? Hayleigh was investigated by me with a town result. I might have been the insane one.

Hayleigh has also thrown some shade at me over the past few days, brought up again Fergus Fox. I'm pretty convinced of Fergus being town since he hammered Priella.

8 hours ago, Lyev Lion said:

He could have been a insane investigator, a sane investigator and Wyeth was framed, or he's scum who got an investigative role and said Wyeth was town.

This doesn't actually answer my questions.  Again, what has Evren done to suggest to you he might be scummy?  Who else do you consider suspicious?

7 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

At this point, I have no suspicions strong enough to actually follow them, but I am watching a few things closely. I don't think it's wise to potentially warn them into behaving differently.

If we all watch closely, but not discuss people's behaviour or actions, we should be able to spot the scum. :sarcasm_hmpf:

7 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

So why do you seem to want to lynch the person you think is the trickster? Personally, I think they're likely a threat to the town, thus part of our job to eliminate, but you wouldn't be wrong to say we can't prove it and that the scum have a much clearer directive on the subject.

The reason for lynching the trickster as a way of getting rid of them is because targeting them with a kill action may result in them absorbing that action.  I didn't say they were not a threat to town, only that they seem more of a threat to scum based on the wording in the rules. 

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting Calissa has to be today's lynch.  The way I read the rules is that scum cannot win if the trickster is alive.  So, if we lynch her today, we are effectively helping scum towards their win condition.  The counter to that is we don't know her win condition and ours just refers to getting rid of threats.  Also, if we lynch her today, presumably that means no actions handed out tomorrow.  That could be a good or bad thing.  But we should have the numbers on the town side to lynch her today, and then hunt down the remaining scum.  Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

Here are my following thoughts after looking back on Day 2.

Either Evran or Hayleigh are top choices for scum. Evran investigated Wyeth and returned with a town result. So Evran was insane or scum, right? Hayleigh was investigated by me with a town result. I might have been the insane one.

Hayleigh has also thrown some shade at me over the past few days, brought up again Fergus Fox. I'm pretty convinced of Fergus being town since he hammered Priella.

Agreed - Evren could have had the insane investigation, or be scum.  There is also the possibility that Evren is town and had a sane investigation, and the scum used that unaccounted for frame on Wyeth.   

I'm open to the possibility that Evren is scum, but I haven't seen anything from him that has made me question him.   

6 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

The only way I could turn out to be scum in this whole scenario is if Evran was scum (and sane) and lied about Wyeth and you were insane and I was framed. That is a lot of things to try to line up at the same time and statistically ridiculous. It would also require at least 4 scum and I'm still not one.

6 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

Hayleigh has also thrown some shade at me over the past few days, brought up again Fergus Fox.

I really haven't, the only thing I said was a fair point that had to be kept in mind at the time, the possibility of scum lying to look good. We didn't have Wyeth's true result yet, so it was still a point to be considered and wasn't meant to only be about you, but about all the investigators. Until yesterday, I had no connection to you and our only conversation that I recall was about your quirk which initially confused me when you didn't catch my bad pun about bears.

You didn't say anything about me supposedly throwing shade at you last night when we spoke, so I thought you understood the point I had made. I'm surprised to find out now that you took it as shade.

If we all watch closely, but not discuss people's behaviour or actions, we should be able to spot the scum. :sarcasm_hmpf:

Perhaps you're more knowledgeable about these things than I am, but I do think that tipping someone off too early isn't a great idea. Enough rope and all that.

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

*I realize this joke is recycled from The Forest III, but there's a player in this game I did it for, so there.

036.jpg

037.jpg

You may now vote. With 8 players remaining it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch. 48 hours remain in Day Three.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Maddock Monkey said:

It's quiet... too quiet. Let's keep up the discussion. I think we've agreed there's a nontrivial chance that at least one of last night's investigation targets is scum. If you had to name one as scum, who would you pick? For me, probably Hayleigh Hippo.

You mentioned Hayleigh yesterday and also overnight to me in PM, but you never did state what your reasons were for finding her suspicious, other than gut feel.  What are your thoughts now?

Hmmm, quiet around here.

Fergus says he offed Wyeth as the vigilante, and no one has offered any counter claims that they were in fact the vig, so I'd say Fergus is pretty firmly on our side, or at least not a dirty loyalist. Also the fact that he's been most solidly in my defense so far makes me a lot more suspicious of those who are against them.

48 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

You mentioned Hayleigh yesterday and also overnight to me in PM, but you never did state what your reasons were for finding her suspicious, other than gut feel.  What are your thoughts now?

Oh so there's some activity going on behind the scenes....

55 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Having to guess between 3 possible investigation targets should yield very different results after one of those has been revealed to be scum and statistically a second scum is incredibly unlikely. Do I need to find posts where this has been said before? You and I are literally just as likely as each other to be scum, so your odd obsession with me is just a waste of a day.

7 minutes ago, Evren Elephant said:

Fergus says he offed Wyeth as the vigilante, and no one has offered any counter claims that they were in fact the vig

In this grand theatre of the unlikely where we're supposed to believe that all the elements line up to cause highly improbable results, let's go for a much simpler theory. What if the vig was Keyarra and Fergus somehow knew that. We know there has been behind-the-scenes communication between multiple people, so maybe she made the mistake of trusting him and it cost her life, but not before she could take out a scum. Would explain why she was the target when there is no other logical reason I can see, and it would put the scum in the best position possible, claiming vig on a scum kill.

Was I really the only one who thought that the intro was odd for including this?

On 7/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, Hinckley said:

*This is also no indication of what caused Wyeth's death...

Why is it that every night action related to Fergus is somehow a little off? Don't even get me started on why someone would get two actions in a row, when I know of a few people who didn't even have one in the first two days, myself included.

Wait a minute now. We are all pretty much in agreement that the Cat is the trickster - so much so that I was jumped on yesterday for saying we should get the scum numbers down first and then worry about that neutral. Now all of a sudden the neutral isn't a threat and we shouldn't worry about it? And this is coming from somebody that miraculously is getting a role every day from the trickster? 

Everyone was so sure that there was one scum in the list of investigators/investigated and that scum is now dead, so now the same person saying we shouldn't lynch the trickster (the only way to eliminate it, by the way) is opening up this new attack on the Hippo who was cleared as town by a possible investigation.  Why such a push all of a sudden? How does the Hippo seem any more or less suspicious than anyone else at this point? Everyone on that list is as clear/not-clear as everyone else. 

So all of a sudden we go from people saying there are definitely 3 scum to definitely 4 scum? How does that even make sense given the size of the group here? We don't appear to have any roles other than the trickster roles and the scum roles, so how fair would that be to have such an incredibly large pool of threats for us to try and find? Even suggesting there are two left is extremely suspicious to my eyes.

If the Fox is town and told the truth about the first night action, it is plain to see that the Cat is the trickster and we can not solve this until that is taken care of. We can not rely on a lucky shot at night if we even get another chance with a vig action. There is no other clear choice today.

Vote: Calissa Cat

Something is reeking fishy here and I don't think it's those clams the Walrus left on deck.

30 minutes ago, Evren Elephant said:

Oh so there's some activity going on behind the scenes....

Outside of the day threads, I've only spoken to Maddock and that was a brief conversation last night.  

8 minutes ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Having to guess between 3 possible investigation targets should yield very different results after one of those has been revealed to be scum and statistically a second scum is incredibly unlikely. 

Not sure why you are responding to a question I posed to Maddock.  Did it occur to you that I posed this question to Maddock because he pointed me towards you without given a reason why he thought you were scummy?   I hadn't picked up on this before and it occurred to me that it might be swaying my judgement.  

You and I are literally just as likely as each other to be scum, so your odd obsession with me is just a waste of a day.

There is zero percent chance that I am scum.

In this grand theatre of the unlikely where we're supposed to believe that all the elements line up to cause highly improbable results,

Can you clarify what you mean by this?  

I claimed on day one because the frame was compulsive and therefore it was important for us to all know who I was going to target.  Calissa was picked randomly and I followed through by targeting her with the frame action.  I think she gave me the vig action on day 2 because she thought I would want to take her out.  And that was my first thought, but I changed my mind when I realised she would also likely absorb that action.  I have already explained my reasons for picking Wyeth as a vig target - that wasn't all dumb luck.

I do think it was dumb luck that led to finding Calissa as the trickster. We got lucky that she was randomly picked to be the frame target. 

Just now, Pembroke Panda said:

Wait a minute now. We are all pretty much in agreement that the Cat is the trickster - so much so that I was jumped on yesterday for saying we should get the scum numbers down first and then worry about that neutral. Now all of a sudden the neutral isn't a threat and we shouldn't worry about it? And this is coming from somebody that miraculously is getting a role every day from the trickster? 

Everyone was so sure that there was one scum in the list of investigators/investigated and that scum is now dead, so now the same person saying we shouldn't lynch the trickster (the only way to eliminate it, by the way) is opening up this new attack on the Hippo who was cleared as town by a possible investigation.  Why such a push all of a sudden? How does the Hippo seem any more or less suspicious than anyone else at this point? Everyone on that list is as clear/not-clear as everyone else. 

So all of a sudden we go from people saying there are definitely 3 scum to definitely 4 scum? How does that even make sense given the size of the group here? We don't appear to have any roles other than the trickster roles and the scum roles, so how fair would that be to have such an incredibly large pool of threats for us to try and find? Even suggesting there are two left is extremely suspicious to my eyes.

If the Fox is town and told the truth about the first night action, it is plain to see that the Cat is the trickster and we can not solve this until that is taken care of. We can not rely on a lucky shot at night if we even get another chance with a vig action. There is no other clear choice today.

Some points of clarification since you seem to be reading things into my posts that just aren't there:

• I do think the trickster is a threat, but I think she is more of a threat to scum than town. 
  • I do think we should lynch Calissa. 
  • I concluded by suggesting that we can lynch her today because we have the numbers to hunt scum down after.
7 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

The reason for lynching the trickster as a way of getting rid of them is because targeting them with a kill action may result in them absorbing that action.  I didn't say they were not a threat to town, only that they seem more of a threat to scum based on the wording in the rules. 

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting Calissa has to be today's lynch.  The way I read the rules is that scum cannot win if the trickster is alive.  So, if we lynch her today, we are effectively helping scum towards their win condition.  The counter to that is we don't know her win condition and ours just refers to getting rid of threats.  Also, if we lynch her today, presumably that means no actions handed out tomorrow.  That could be a good or bad thing.  But we should have the numbers on the town side to lynch her today, and then hunt down the remaining scum.  Thoughts?

I also didn't bring up the possibility of four scum - that was Hayleigh.  She suggested that there would need to be four scum for my comments (in the post below) below to be valid.  She failed to see (or acknowledge?) that what I was saying is that I agreed with her that it is possible that Evren is scum instead of her.  But I think it unlikely.

7 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Agreed - Evren could have had the insane investigation, or be scum.  There is also the possibility that Evren is town and had a sane investigation, and the scum used that unaccounted for frame on Wyeth.   

I'm open to the possibility that Evren is scum, but I haven't seen anything from him that has made me question him.   

@Pembroke Panda, do you think Hayleigh is town?  If so, I would like to hear why.

Finally, just so everyone knows where I stand on the remaining animals (in alphabetical order):

• Calissa - the trickster, because the frame being absorbed is the most logical reason why my frame failed.   
  • Caylin - very likely town because she voted first for Priella and then pushed Hendrick to change his vote to Priella. The latter being the thing hat pushes her firmly into town category.
  • Evren - likely town because he put the third vote on Priella when Priella, Wyeth and Keyarra all had two votes each on day 1.  If he were scum alongside Priella and Wyeth, surely he would have put his vote on Keyarra.
  • Hayleigh - a question mark over her because she consistently said she did not think Priella suspicious.  She also said she did not think Wyeth suspicious, despite his questionable behaviour on day 1.  It also bugs me that she keeps switching between thinking me suspicious and truthful - this seems to be more related to whether I am talking about her or not at any one time than any actions I have taken.  
  • Lyev - a question mark over him.  He hasn't really put forward views on anyone other than Hendrick.  He effectively encouraged Hendrick to nominate himself for the lynch target and he seemed to know more about the framer role than I had stated.  He is now happy to point the finger at Evren, who I believe to be town as I explained above.  I am still waiting for him to answer my last couple of questions.
  • Maddock - was thinking he is town because Priellla voted for him and he changed his vote to Priella with enough time for others to follow suit and secure a lynch for the day.  But I have since gone back and seen that it was pretty close to the end of the day.  That, combined with noting that he pointed to Hayleigh without giving a good reason has made me question my trust in him.  Also waiting for him to answer my last question.
  • Pembroke - very likely town because he was instrumental in Priella's lynch through the analysis he presented on Day 1.  He was also the fourth vote on Priella, which in my view gave that vote a critical mass.

So, in summary, I think the last scum is one of Hayleigh, Lyev or Maddock.  

Vote: Calissa Cat because I believe her to the trickster.

Taking out Calissa using a lynch today (rather than another day) also means that she won't be able to mess with tonight's investigation using that frame action she absorbed.  

36 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Not sure why you are responding to a question I posed to Maddock.  Did it occur to you that I posed this question to Maddock because he pointed me towards you without given a reason why he thought you were scummy?   I hadn't picked up on this before and it occurred to me that it might be swaying my judgement.

I didn't take it as just for him and given that you've wasted the whole day chasing me, the one person who is as town verified as you, it seemed worth commenting.

38 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

There is zero percent chance that I am scum.

There is exactly the same chance as there is of me being scum, doesn't matter how you say it.

39 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Calissa was picked randomly and I followed through by targeting her with the frame action.  I think she gave me the vig action on day 2 because she thought I would want to take her out.

A fairly interesting theory, if Keyarra wasn't the real vig and claimed to you. A valid theory you failed to even respond to.

43 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:
  • Hayleigh - a question mark over her because she consistently said she did not think Priella suspicious.  She also said she did not think Wyeth suspicious, despite his questionable behaviour on day 1.  It also bugs me that she keeps switching between thinking me suspicious and truthful - this seems to be more related to whether I am talking about her or not at any one time than any actions I have taken.  

Even Hendrick admitted that his attention to Wyeth may have been too much and if you read back, he didn't suspect Priella either. If we want to get picky, look at the attempted vote against Keyarra, which included you, before you switched to the easy pig vote. We now know that would have been wrong. Being wrong isn't exactly difficult, especially early on, but I can assure you, if I was scum, I would have been on the Priella vote as well, and not nearly as late as you.

As for switching between thinking you're suspicious or truthful, that isn't exactly true. I've found things you've said and situations surrounding you to be both, but at no point did I come to a conclusion until we knew the alignment of Wyeth, which pushed me more towards trusting you, based on how statistically improbable it would be for either of us to be scum. If you'll recall, I made it clear that the suspicious nature of the failed frame, for example, could also be caused by the target, not just you.

55 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

So, in summary, I think the last scum is one of Hayleigh, Lyev or Maddock.

And there you go again and it still makes no sense.

56 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Taking out Calissa using a lynch today (rather than another day) also means that she won't be able to mess with tonight's investigation using that frame action she absorbed.  

It should be interesting. If she doesn't turn out to be the trickster, we're back to trying to figure out the failed frame. If she does, I have no doubt you'll decide it's me and lead a bandwagon, I seem to be the only tune you know. When that turns out to be wrong, and it absolutely would, you'll be the only logical next choice. Sadly, I suspect the town will lose two town in the process, but with only one likely left, it should still be possible for us to win. Let's get this party started.

Vote: Calissa

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

Sorry, missed this, it didn't look like much in the quoting. For either of us to be scum, it would take a ridiculous about of exact right moves or luck and it would pretty much also require 4 scum which I said I doubted and still do. Suspecting me prior to Wyeth being revealed was reasonable enough, I also stated that there was probably a scum in the bunch, not counting the investigators themselves, but we're way past that point and it's not logical now.

*about = amount

3 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Lyev - a question mark over him.  He hasn't really put forward views on anyone other than Hendrick.  

You keep saying this, but my only contribution I believe was thinking Hendrick and Wyeth were playing off each other.

he seemed to know more about the framer role than I had stated.

Compulsive according to mafia scum means you have to use it. It's not complicated.

He is now happy to point the finger at Evren,

I just think is he could be a scum who got a investigator role. 

I am still waiting for him to answer my last couple of questions.

I got nothing asside from Evren.

Why lynch the trickster though? She's got so many cool toys she let's us play with. :laugh:

9 hours ago, Hinckley said:

037.jpg

YEET!

Hello everyone, I had to take my mooeuty nap. I think Hayleigh is being rather silly. And no I did not bring up her shade in our discussion in the night. But looking back I can see it. 

Fergus made a pretty good case for everyone and agree with him on most regards (Lyev Lion still seems town to me). But we know who the trickster is, that furball Calissa.