Hinckley

FABUPUNK Mafia! Day Three—Equally Fruitful

13 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

You mentioned Hayleigh yesterday and also overnight to me in PM, but you never did state what your reasons were for finding her suspicious, other than gut feel.  What are your thoughts now?

It was a gambit - I was a PGO last night so I wanted to look like I had a lead on someone (dangerous to scum), since as a PGO on this Floaty McBoaty any killer targeting you would die instead of you.

12 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Why is it that every night action related to Fergus is somehow a little off? Don't even get me started on why someone would get two actions in a row, when I know of a few people who didn't even have one in the first two days, myself included.

Because the gremlins looked for Pembroke and then grabbed Wyeth instead. You could easily read a PGO interaction into this turn of events, and it's a disclaimer to stop you from thinking in fact Wyeth tried to kill Pembroke but got PGOd.

12 hours ago, Pembroke Panda said:

If the Fox is town

I've been thinking about it. Imagine Fergus is lying about having been the vigilante and is in fact scum. Then someone else would be able to counterclaim vigilante, as @Evren Elephant has pointed out. Now suppose nobody can counterclaim vig because in fact Keyarra was the vig. How then would Keyarra have died? Wyeth can't have been the target of Vig!Keyarra because both of them died, so Wyeth must have tried to kill someone else and been PGOd. Then Vig!Keyarra would have been PGOd herself - either by PGO!Fergus or by another PGO - either way there would be a PGO able to make a claim because I confirmed with Govind Goat during the night that were I to kill someone in my capacity as PGO, I would receive a night action result about it.

Long and short of it is Fergus was the vigilante last night since we lack a counterclaim. That, coupled with my investigation on Night One, makes him unimpeachable in my view.

I am not ready to vote. I think we should prioritize voting out scum. If we get the last scum and the game isn't over, then we know we must lynch the trickster.

Vote tally

Calissa Cat: 4 (Pembroke Panda, Fergus Fox, Hayleigh Hippo, Caylin Cow)

Non-voters: 4 (Calissa Cat, Evren Elephant, Lyev Lion, Maddock Monkey)

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently, nobody will be lynched. Approximately 31 hours remain in Day Three.

13 hours ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Vote: Calissa Cat

11 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

10 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

Vote: Calissa

3 hours ago, Caylin Cow said:

Some points of clarification since you seem to be reading things into my posts that just aren't there:

There is always the possibility that we misinterpret each other or misunderstand what someone is trying to say

12 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting Calissa has to be today's lynch.

I think this is the part along with all the other stuff about her not being a thread to the town.  I see that you really did say she does need to go, so maybe I misinterpreted your meaning in the first place.

@Pembroke Panda, do you think Hayleigh is town?  If so, I would like to hear why.

Her posts really don't seem scum-like to me at all. The posts that I'm seeing where folks seems to be saying she is jumping on the cow appear to be playing off the cow's crazy quirk and not any sort of actual accusations. On top of that she was already found as Town on investigation (which I know is not 100% especially in this setup) and no scum with a brain would stick that hard (two days!) to voting on someone they knew was town (the Horse). Taken individually, each of these is not very conclusive but all of it together makes me think that a lynch of the Hippo would be a huge waste of a day. She's had so little interaction with more suspect animals that her death wouldn't even give us anything more to go on. 

So am I sure she's town? Of course not. She's in my very-likely-town category though.  I see some much more suspicious characters.

Who? You may be asking yourself.

Lion - Since day 1, I was suspecting Lion. When Horse turned up down, I began to doubt myself but neigh! I see Lion is still contributing nothing, not actually answering questions, and still not helping us in any capacity. This is some classic scum wishywashiness. Second vote on the Walrus, but that lynch obviously wasn't going anywhere, the horse just gave no good reasons to get anyone to follow that lynch so it was a safe place for scum to vote early.

Cow - Ah now here's a strange one. The one that came back with the hippo's town investigation. Jumps onto every bandwagon vote without a thought put into it. Agrees with the fox even if it's the opposite of what she had previously said herself.  However, you might say, she was the first vote on Priella! Yes, well, the first vote is nothing. I recently recall an event where a scum was first vote on a teammate who was ultimately lynched that day - it could have been done to try and keep herself in the clear not even thinking any day 1 vote would gain traction. I could also be wrong.

Elephant - Meh. I dunno, no feelings here either way. Third vote on the Pig though, so probably not scum as there would have been a tipping point chance and having to back out at that point would have been very dangerous.

Wow, looking back at day one it's crazy how we already had two scum in the lineup of lynch possibilities. Those two scum voted for Monkey and Elephant which somewhat causes me to cast suspicion on those two - which might be what the scum were hoping to do later on. Or maybe to make those two look more town. It's very difficult to use this information without any more hard evidence.

Now I must get back to figuring out which of these statuettes I'm missing, if any. I really thought i had the whole collection. I hope Omrom didn't take the gold one...but I can't find it. The Captain America one is missing too, what is the deal? This is going to drive me mad! I know I set it down right on the shelf with the others... :pir-hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, Maddock Monkey said:

I was a PGO last night so I wanted to look like I had a lead on someone (dangerous to scum), since as a PGO on this Floaty McBoaty any killer targeting you would die instead of you.

Instead? Well that's interesting and not normal. :rofl:

Long and short of it is Fergus was the vigilante last night since we lack a counterclaim. That, coupled with my investigation on Night One, makes him unimpeachable in my view.

I am not ready to vote. I think we should prioritize voting out scum. If we get the last scum and the game isn't over, then we know we must lynch the trickster.

I wouldn't say 100% but surely in the very-likely-town category.

I do not agree with this reasoning of not voting because we have no true leads on who the last scum is, but we know who the trickster is. Killing a townie over all these random suspicions makes it just that much closer for scum to take the lead and i find it very unlikely we're going to get a scum without more clues. I think we should go for the sure thing here and use some roles tonight to see if we can find that last scum.

Meeeeeoooooowwww.

Clearly today was not the best dat for an unscheduled extended preening session. :sceptic: I think some of you have just about lost your damn minds. :wacko:

On 7/21/2020 at 5:56 AM, Fergus Fox said:

My first thought when I got the vigilante action was to use it on Calissa

I suggest we don't target her with any of the actions that are being handed out today and lynch her instead.  

Rude. Although I appreciate you not targeting me for the vig kill.

It seems I need to add some clarity here. I am not the trickster I am town. So when you talk about lynching the trickster, that is not me, and when you talk about lynching me, you are suggesting lynching a townie for absolutely no good reason apart from one person repeating over and over that I am something that I'm not. I'm not the trickster. Puuuurrrrrrr.

22 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

The reason for lynching the trickster as a way of getting rid of them is because targeting them with a kill action may result in them absorbing that action.

I agree with lynching the trickster when we find them, I disagree with lynching me because I am not the trickster.

22 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting Calissa has to be today's lynch.

Excellent, let's not lynch me.

14 hours ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Wait a minute now. We are all pretty much in agreement that the Cat is the trickster - so much so that I was jumped on yesterday for saying we should get the scum numbers down first and then worry about that neutral.

I claimed on day one because the frame was compulsive and therefore it was important for us to all know who I was going to target.  Calissa was picked randomly and I followed through by targeting her with the frame action.  I think she gave me the vig action on day 2 because she thought I would want to take her out.

Can we just revisit this? This really bad assumption that I am the tricktster, because I'm not.

Fergus, who was given one of two framing roles on day one, claims, so everybody knows for certain that he has a night action, so if they want to interfere with a night action night one they have a 100% chance with Fergus. It was (unnecessarily) decided ahead of time that that frame would be used on me. I didn't object or try to steer the action elsewhere, I just wasn't bothered by it. Fergus has an unsuccessful night (it happens all the time, don't worry) and now I am painted as the trickster. How trickster-ish of me. :hmpf: 

Claiming on day one was good, announcing your target was not and it didn't have to be done. I can tell you for certain I have no desire to be vig-killed, thank you.

I do think it was dumb luck that led to finding Calissa as the trickster. We got lucky that she was randomly picked to be the frame target.

Like I said, wouldn't I try to steer you somewhere else?? Everyone knew what you were going to do, in fact you might have had the same result no matter who you targeted, it was only dumb luck for (presumably the trickster) that it happened to me. Also, and it was Keyarra who made this point, how crap would the role have to be for the very first night action that targets it to give it away? 

Found it:

On 7/17/2020 at 9:43 AM, Keyarra Crocodile said:

Regarding the unsuccessful frame action, the Absorber role occurred to me as well.  It is still a bit of a mystery how that works in this situation, particularly as it is some kind of variant.  But the basis of it is that the user fails and the Absorber takes the action, right?  Hmm, how does that work in practice though?  I don't really understand it, because the Absorber would be revealed the first time that happened, which doesn't make much sense, i.e., if it were not a one-shot action then the animal-person would know they have lost their action, plus if the action-user always fails when they do it then that also gives the game away.  With the set-up as it is, I kinda doubt we even have any more actions than what the Twat gives us and what we know the scum has, although that is not based on anything other than an instinct.  Omrom has told us a lot about the set-up but I suppose he could have left something out.

Emphasis mine. You might not listen to me but you might listen to a dead fellow townie.

You're all getting tunnel-vision on one thing and it's wrong. The more people that just turn up and say "yeah, it's true for sure" is really worrying when nobody stops to consider how ludicrous the whole thing is. It's like the more people agree with you, the happier you feel you're right, even though actually you're all just wrong and not even considering anything else. 

Taking out Calissa using a lynch today (rather than another day) also means that she won't be able to mess with tonight's investigation using that frame action she absorbed.  

Fergus, please pull your head out of this rabbit hole, I don't have a framer action, bring your head up and look around. I am town. 

14 minutes ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Killing a townie over all these random suspicions makes it just that much closer for scum to take the lead and i find it very unlikely we're going to get a scum without more clues.

Killing a townie over a false assumption and lack of critical thinking is really just as bad.

I've been thinking about it. Imagine Fergus is lying about having been the vigilante and is in fact scum. Then someone else would be able to counterclaim vigilante, as @Evren Elephant has pointed out. Now suppose nobody can counterclaim vig because in fact Keyarra was the vig. How then would Keyarra have died? Wyeth can't have been the target of Vig!Keyarra because both of them died, so Wyeth must have tried to kill someone else and been PGOd. Then Vig!Keyarra would have been PGOd herself - either by PGO!Fergus or by another PGO - either way there would be a PGO able to make a claim because I confirmed with Govind Goat during the night that were I to kill someone in my capacity as PGO, I would receive a night action result about it.

Ok, I understand kills are resolved last, so if Keyarra had been the vig, she would have killed Wyeth and then either Wyeth or Scum3 would have killed her. I think that's fairly straightforward, really. It is also possible that Fergus is the trickster. I said on day one that it was against the rules for a player to target themselves but Hayleigh pointed out that it actually said that wasn't the case necessarily. Is it possible for the trickster to give themselves an action and try to blend in? Gives himself a frame action and is able then to paint himself as town, maybe? I'm trying to find an answer because I know I'm not the trickster.

20 hours ago, Hayleigh Hippo said:

The only way I could turn out to be scum in this whole scenario is if Evran was scum (and sane) and lied about Wyeth and you were insane and I was framed. That is a lot of things to try to line up at the same time and statistically ridiculous. It would also require at least 4 scum and I'm still not one.

Nah fam. What if Wyeth framed you and your investigator was sane and his investigator was insane. Dead simple, 3 scum; you, Wyeth and Priella. Or, of course, you framed Wyeth and your investigator was insane and his was sane. Meeooww.

4 hours ago, Maddock Monkey said:

The problem is (a) our win condition is not clear with respect to the trickster and (b) we don't know her win condition.  If we take out all scum but let the trickster live, do we end up with a draw rather than an outright win for town?  I'd rather not take the chance and instead go for the outright win for town.  Plus I agree with what Pembroke said on this.

1 hour ago, Pembroke Panda said:

I think this is the part along with all the other stuff about her not being a thread to the town. 

Fair enough - I can see how that statement could be misinterpreted.  The point was whether it should be today or another day.

Cow - Ah now here's a strange one. The one that came back with the hippo's town investigation. Jumps onto every bandwagon vote without a thought put into it. Agrees with the fox even if it's the opposite of what she had previously said herself.  However, you might say, she was the first vote on Priella! Yes, well, the first vote is nothing. I recently recall an event where a scum was first vote on a teammate who was ultimately lynched that day - it could have been done to try and keep herself in the clear not even thinking any day 1 vote would gain traction. I could also be wrong.

I agree with the bit that I bolded.  What pushed her into likely town category for me was that she pushed Hendrick on the vote for Priella.

52 minutes ago, Calissa Cat said:

Like I said, wouldn't I try to steer you somewhere else?? Everyone knew what you were going to do, in fact you might have had the same result no matter who you targeted, it was only dumb luck for (presumably the trickster) that it happened to me. Also, and it was Keyarra who made this point, how crap would the role have to be for the very first night action that targets it to give it away? 

Pushing back on being the framer target would have looked suspicious and probably put you on the chopping block even sooner.  It was dumb luck that you were found out the first time someone targeted you.  As I have said before, I assumed the unsuccessful frame was the result of a block on me at first and you wouldn't have been revealed if we had accepted that.  But we went looking further because the block didn't make sense. 

You tried to sway us at that point by suggesting that someone was trying to make you look bad.  But it would have required a role that we have not been informed about.  At this stage, I really don't think there is more than what we have been told about by Omrom.

Meeeoow

31 minutes ago, Fergus Fox said:

Pushing back on being the framer target would have looked suspicious and probably put you on the chopping block even sooner. 

Do you really think that? You think there’s no subtle way of trying to deflect that? I doubt very much the response would have been that I would be lynched day one for not wanting to be framed, and if it would have avoided this mess it would have been very helpful.

As I have said before, I assumed the unsuccessful frame was the result of a block on me at first and you wouldn't have been revealed if we had accepted that.  But we went looking further because the block didn't make sense. 

Because it could only be a block, right? Although, it actually could have been a block, or could have been anything else that you have flatly refused to even consider. You think it’s this straightforward? With a role called “the trickster” around?

You tried to sway us at that point by suggesting that someone was trying to make you look bad.  But it would have required a role that we have not been informed about.  At this stage, I really don't think there is more than what we have been told about by Omrom.

What has this stage got to do with it when what we’re talking about happened on night one? We have been told about the trickster and you have been tricked. Get over this tunnel vision Fergus, it is not helping anyone.

And: Meow

Vote tally

Calissa Cat: 4 (Pembroke Panda, Fergus Fox, Hayleigh Hippo, Caylin Cow)

Non-voters: 4 (Calissa Cat, Evren Elephant, Lyev Lion, Maddock Monkey)

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently, nobody will be lynched. Approximately 24 hours remain in Day Three. An interlude will be up some time tonight.

20 hours ago, Pembroke Panda said:

Wait a minute now. We are all pretty much in agreement that the Cat is the trickster - so much so that I was jumped on yesterday for saying we should get the scum numbers down first and then worry about that neutral. Now all of a sudden the neutral isn't a threat and we shouldn't worry about it? And this is coming from somebody that miraculously is getting a role every day from the trickster? 

Fergus isn't the only one who got a role twice in a row, I was a paranoid gun owner last night (it didn't go off, obviously) in addition to being the likely insane investigator on night 1. There's a lot of roles going around, and our numbers haven't been all that steady either. 

8 hours ago, Maddock Monkey said:

It was a gambit - I was a PGO last night so I wanted to look like I had a lead on someone (dangerous to scum), since as a PGO on this Floaty McBoaty any killer targeting you would die instead of you.

Because the gremlins looked for Pembroke and then grabbed Wyeth instead. You could easily read a PGO interaction into this turn of events, and it's a disclaimer to stop you from thinking in fact Wyeth tried to kill Pembroke but got PGOd.

Thanks for confirming with the Goat, as now I know I didn't kill anyone, which makes it almost certain that you are correct about Fergus. 

18 hours ago, Fergus Fox said:

Vote: Calissa Cat because I believe her to the trickster.

Taking out Calissa using a lynch today (rather than another day) also means that she won't be able to mess with tonight's investigation using that frame action she absorbed.  

I'm in agreement with getting rid of the trickster, and thank you for the analysis, I just wanted to say that I don't an absorbed action would be able to stick around given the original one shot nature, imo. 

Frankly at this point in the day I don't see anyone around here who has greater odds of being a successful lynch for us than removing the likely trickster, and taking a no lynch gets us nowhere in terms of stuff to analyze. Also, the Cat doesn't seem to see anyone she could redirect attention onto enough to get a lynch for instead, so she's resulted to hissing at the fox to try and scare people. 

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

Vote tally

Calissa Cat: 5 (Pembroke Panda, Fergus Fox, Hayleigh Hippo, Caylin Cow, Evren Elephant)

Non-voters: 3 (Calissa Cat, Lyev Lion, Maddock Monkey)

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently, Calissa Cat will be lynched. Approximately 21 hours remain in Day Three.

17 hours ago, Evren Elephant said:

Several times Lyev has mentioned that Wyeth could have given a town investigation result because of a scum framer:

On 7/21/2020 at 8:24 AM, Lyev Lion said:

He could have been a insane investigator, a sane investigator and Wyeth was framed, or he's scum who got an investigative role and said Wyeth was town.

On 7/17/2020 at 6:58 AM, Lyev Lion said:

The insane investigator could have investigated a scum, a scum framer could of framed their scum mate who was investigated by a sane investigator, as well as the scum might having one of the investigative roles.

He's come forward with this idea both before and after Wyeth flipped scum, and I wonder why? When I hear "framer" I don't think "framer/tailor", which is what Fergus & the other framer would have had to be in order to make a scum look good. Either he knows that Night One had a "framer/tailor" because he has information he claims not to have, or he's trying to cast doubt on the other investigators (me & Caylin). Now why would he do that?

Notice also that Lyev has shut right up today. Methinks he's biding his time and waiting for us to fuck up. I know I'm going against the flow, but here goes. Vote: Lyev Lion

Just now, Maddock Monkey said:

Notice also that Lyev has shut right up today. Methinks he's biding his time and waiting for us to fuck up. I know I'm going against the flow, but here goes

No, I totally agree with this! Since day one the lion has appeared to be unhelpful and scummy. Even now he is going to wait until the last minute and vote on whatever bandwagon (that isn't himself of course) though he's been around and commented but never put forth any suspicions or votes.

I know I have been pushing the cat's lynch and her defense is nothing to change my mind, I do think she's the trickster.  However, while i was taking a little pandanap i was also thinking about the way things look right now. It appears that we only have roles when the trickster assigns them. If the trickster is gone, town has no more roles to try and find the last scum. We'll be stuck trying to lynch someone with no way to verify anyone and in the meantime the scum will also be killing us nightly.

@Fergus Fox What do you think? Are we dooming ourselves by taking out our only means of roles? I could be completely wrong about roles but I know i'm vanilla and I haven't seen anyone producing results other than with the trickster roles so far.

43 minutes ago, Maddock Monkey said:

Several times Lyev has mentioned that Wyeth could have given a town investigation result because of a scum framer:

He's come forward with this idea both before and after Wyeth flipped scum, and I wonder why? When I hear "framer" I don't think "framer/tailor", which is what Fergus & the other framer would have had to be in order to make a scum look good. Either he knows that Night One had a "framer/tailor" because he has information he claims not to have, or he's trying to cast doubt on the other investigators (me & Caylin). Now why would he do that?

Notice also that Lyev has shut right up today. Methinks he's biding his time and waiting for us to fuck up. I know I'm going against the flow, but here goes. Vote: Lyev Lion

26 minutes ago, Pembroke Panda said:

No, I totally agree with this! Since day one the lion has appeared to be unhelpful and scummy. Even now he is going to wait until the last minute and vote on whatever bandwagon (that isn't himself of course) though he's been around and commented but never put forth any suspicions or votes.

I know I have been pushing the cat's lynch and her defense is nothing to change my mind, I do think she's the trickster.  However, while i was taking a little pandanap i was also thinking about the way things look right now. It appears that we only have roles when the trickster assigns them. If the trickster is gone, town has no more roles to try and find the last scum. We'll be stuck trying to lynch someone with no way to verify anyone and in the meantime the scum will also be killing us nightly.

@Fergus Fox What do you think? Are we dooming ourselves by taking out our only means of roles? I could be completely wrong about roles but I know i'm vanilla and I haven't seen anyone producing results other than with the trickster roles so far.

These are both really great points.

And, if Wyeth does turn out to be scum, we have a good chance there's not another and we lynch Calissa Cat tomorrow and we are home free, right?

Just now, Caylin Cow said:

And, if Wyeth does turn out to be scum, we have a good chance there's not another and we lynch Calissa Cat tomorrow and we are home free, right? 

I hope you mean the Lion since Wyeth is dead scum already. :wacko: 

Vote tally

Calissa Cat: 5 (Pembroke Panda, Fergus Fox, Hayleigh Hippo, Caylin Cow, Evren Elephant)
Lyev Lion: 1 (Maddock Monkey)

Non-voters: 2 (Calissa Cat, Lyev Lion)

With 8 players, it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch. Currently, Calissa Cat will be lynched. Just under six hours remain in Day Three.

57 minutes ago, Maddock Monkey said:

Vote: Lyev Lion

35 minutes ago, Caylin Cow said:

These are both really great points.

I think we should continue with our current course of action (lynching Calissa), for these reasons:

• There is the likelihood that we won't get any actions tomorrow.  However, we have tonight's actions - watcher, jailkeeper and amnesiac investigator.  Assuming only one scum, at least two of these should be in town hands.  These should yield some results. 
  • I am confident that we have narrowed down the list of suspects for scum, and we will still out number scum in the morning.  On this point, I also agree that Lyev is looking the scummiest given his responses today.  I don't think we will need actions (after tonight) to nail the last one.
  • The uncertainty around the win conditions.  We don't have the trickster's win condition and ours is not clear on whether we need to get rid of the trickster.  I'd rather go for the outright win, and not risk having a draw. The rules state that a draw is possible in this set up.

2 hours ago, Lyev Lion said:

Days almost over. Guess we're lynching the trickster. :def_shrug:

So you'll pop in to vote after there's already a majority, the day is almost over, and not address any of the questions that were raised against you? 

6 minutes ago, Evren Elephant said:

and not address any of the questions that were raised against you? 

I just see people saying I'm unhelpful. :sceptic: Sorry. I just can't find anything to add. I was asked who I thought was scummy and the answer was maybe you.

Just now, Maddock Monkey said:

"Unhelpful" is one way to put it. I'm putting LION SANDWICH on my menu for tomorrow.

Enjoy the smell of burnt hair. :snicker:

Unless there's two scum you guys should be fine.

Day over. Cat dead. Pictures later. Been drinking. Night Actions.

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Final vote tally

Calissa Cat: 6 (Pembroke Panda, Fergus Fox, Hayleigh Hippo, Caylin Cow, Evren Elephant, Lyev Lion)
Lyev Lion: 1 (Maddock Monkey)

Non-voters: 1 (Calissa Cat)

The day had ended with the lynch of Calissa Cat. There is a strict 24 hour deadline for your Night Actions. Please get them in as soon as possible. Thank you!

If you haven't submitted your Night Action yet, you have six hours to do so.