Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] The Heavily Criticized

Well, I tried a lot with this modification of the current creator set...

800x743.jpg

... but my son still has many points of criticism.

800x1005.jpg

However, the ship comes with its three-baboon-crew and fine monkey-logo sails.

800x932.jpg

800x548.jpg

800x1019.jpg

When port officials asked the baboons about where the captain was, they were greeted with huge laughter and then quickly thrown overboard.

800x1067.jpg

The ship even has an improved mermaid figurehead, but still...

... the ship is not high enough, it is too low, looking more like a viking boat... :pir-look:

... the bow is "not right" :pir-sceptic:

... it should have the shape of a frigate, so the forecastle and the captain's quarters should go away :pir-cry_sad:

... etc.etc.

As I said: Heavily Criticized. :pir-cry_sad:

Ok, I'll probably re-modify this one. :pir-grin:

I like your take on this difficult build.

The monkey symbols on the sails and the complete baboon crew is clearly your signature ! :monkey:

And kuddos on the "better" mermaid... :pir-grin:

And nevertheless, you stayed close enough to the original model so, you kept some of its fundamental defaults.

I'd not find it too low or not enough this or not that, because the original set made by TLG is also having major defaults for being not an official Pirate ship but a 3 in 1 Creator model. The designer had to take some liberty from the pirate theme to keep the 3 builds doable...

So good job so far ! Keep it up ! :thumbup:

Fantastic! I am still thinking about that set, but I already had your improved figure head in mind... As for the crew; sheer genius! Picture #4 would have me in fear not of being shot by a canon, but at the cannoneer throwing the entire gun at me... 

4 hours ago, Faladrin said:

I like your take on this difficult build.

The monkey symbols on the sails and the complete baboon crew is clearly your signature ! :monkey:

And kuddos on the "better" mermaid... :pir-grin:

And nevertheless, you stayed close enough to the original model so, you kept some of its fundamental defaults.

I'd not find it too low or not enough this or not that, because the original set made by TLG is also having major defaults for being not an official Pirate ship but a 3 in 1 Creator model. The designer had to take some liberty from the pirate theme to keep the 3 builds doable...

So good job so far ! Keep it up ! :thumbup:

Thanks. Let's see how I can make it look more like a frigate.

And I need to make sure that the cargo hold is full of bananas!

2 hours ago, jan kusters said:

Fantastic! I am still thinking about that set, but I already had your improved figure head in mind... As for the crew; sheer genius! Picture #4 would have me in fear not of being shot by a canon, but at the cannoneer throwing the entire gun at me... 

Well, the baboon comes with the set. I only changed the colour. :pir-grin:

And they only throw the guns/cannons when they have run out of gunpowder and cannon balls :pir-laugh:

There will always be something that can be improved and there will always be people who point out as many of those things as possible. I absolutely love your baboon crew. It reminds me of the Monkey Island games. As a upgrade of the official set, I think this is a very successful MOC.

Edited by rock raider

On 7/21/2020 at 5:09 AM, rock raider said:

There will always be something that can be improved and there will always be people who point out as many of those things as possible. I absolutely love your baboon crew. It reminds me of the Monkey Island games. As a upgrade of the official set, I think this is a very successful MOC.

Thanks!  

And as to the criticism - I actually agree and will keep modifying the ship. The only thing to stop me is my growing wish to build a castle :pir_laugh2:

On 7/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, pantelis said:

I like this build.. I just wonder how will be with some custom sails.. Nice done!! 

I have a certain purist mentality. If a ship can be build with bricks (no cloth, no knitted rigging, etc.) I am actually quite happy :pir-laugh:

I also like this one a lot even though the first critique is mentioned already by yourseld, the attempt to get this model right comes a long way. 

Reading the topic name, I really want to heavy criticised it as well! Alas, I can't as its too cute and clearly a lot of effort has been put to it. And those baboons are so cute not to like!!!

On 7/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, Fraunces said:

I also like this one a lot even though the first critique is mentioned already by yourseld, the attempt to get this model right comes a long way. 

Thanks.  I want to change some more - but I am currently distracted by castles...

23 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Reading the topic name, I really want to heavy criticised it as well! Alas, I can't as its too cute and clearly a lot of effort has been put to it. And those baboons are so cute not to like!!!

:pir-laugh: Thanks - the ship would be nothing without the baboons.