Tomik

[EV3] LuuMa 2.0 - LEGO Ultimate UseFULL Machine

Few years ago I built Jason Allemann's LuuMa EV3 (LEGO Ultimate Useless Machine) and started taking it with me to local LEGO exhibitions. I found out that it has one structural problem causing frequent failures and in general it does nothing (since it is called "useless" it is not very surprising). So I got idea to modify it into switch that could control external motor. And I also wanted to fix that structural problem mentioned above.

Now, let me introduce you LuuMa 2.0 - "LEGO Ultimate UseFULL Machine". It is improved version of original LuuMa EV3 built and programmed by Jason Allemann. His LuuMa didn't have any real use but my version 2.0 works as switch that can control large or medium motor connected to free cable in port D. You can see it in action in video bellow. Building instructions are available at buildinst.cz

50127359172_982f6c6cf2_c.jpg

50127359152_34eb04e5bf_c.jpg

50127136191_e94a5aa515_c.jpg

This LuuMa keeps putting a smile on my face every time I see someone struggling with it... I do not have any EV3 stuff, otherwise I would instantly build one to annoy people with :devil_laugh:.

Nice application you found with the motor driving the kinetic sculpture, makes it even more fun to watch... Nice acting skills too :sweet: :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

This LuuMa keeps putting a smile on my face every time I see someone struggling with it... I do not have any EV3 stuff, otherwise I would instantly build one to annoy people with :devil_laugh:.

Nice application you found with the motor driving the kinetic sculpture, makes it even more fun to watch... Nice acting skills too :sweet: :thumbup:

9 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Hilarious! :thumbup: And agree with @Rudivdk on your acting skills.

Thank you guys for your comments and for appreciating my acting skills. :blush: