HUWI

MAN TGS 26.470 Hooklift "Fire Department Bochum"

I am living in the Ruhr Area and would like to present you my new MOC as homage to my home city , the MAN TGS "Feuerwehr Bochum"

That's the real truck

433505-large.jpg

Functions of the MOC:

Drive: 2 PF-L

Steering: 1 PF servo

Lift: 1 PF-L on 2 long LA

Lock & Arm: 1 PF-M

The emergency lights including control is from www.BrickTec-lights.de and the sound module from www.rc-beluchtenungen.de It is controlled by 2 SBricks and the

electricity comes from the LEGO accu box.

The chassis and kinematics come from Efferman, it was only converted to the new LA and got a technic robe and the cabin is inspired by TheItalianBrick 's TGS 8x8.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by HUWI

Could you these loud vibration when you adjust the position of the container? It sound and looks quiet brutal.

Brilliant!! I wasn't expecting the flashing lights and siren as i just skipped to the vid without reading!!! Ha!! Fantastic!

27 minutes ago, Andman said:

Could you these loud vibration when you adjust the position of the container? It sound and looks quiet brutal.

For the extension, two Nobwheels interlock, the upper one sits in the arm, which has to fold up and cannot be locked any further.
They are only pulled into each other by the LA and under load the lower one wants to push the upper one upwards. With a
heavier trough it is better.

How did you do the light and sound? Also seems you use much beefier motor control than the typical LEGO Technic elektronics! Great job, my wife thought there was a fire nearby, she is more into Technic than I so I sent it to her :)

1 hour ago, JopieK said:

How did you do the light and sound? Also seems you use much beefier motor control than the typical LEGO Technic elektronics! Great job, my wife thought there was a fire nearby, she is more into Technic than I so I sent it to her :)

The truck is controlled by 2 Sbricks, that's of course not LEGO. It's more power than the standard battery box by using the PF Rechargeable Battery Box.

Lights, Set 3 "Feuerwehr,blitzen": https://www.bricktec-lights.de/shop/steuerungen/steuerungsplatine-3-port/

Sound: https://www.rc-beleuchtungen.de/de/soundmodul--modellbau-soundmodul/Soundmodul-Sound---MARTINSHORN---FEUERWEHR-Geraeuch.html

The light&sound really got me :-)

The rattling sound however is really something to work on, as it really wears out (at least the surface of) your pieces and is just unpleasant. It may sounds strange, but have you tried to gear down the movement of the motor? If the motor is too fast, the upper knob wheel will just jump from tooth to tooth (or knob to knob...) all the way and never really engages with the lower knob wheel.

There are existing 4 trucks with @efferman 's Kinematik, his original, a second rebuild by and my Arocs with the 3d gear rack as actuator. The difference between this three and my WLF are the new actuators, maybe the angle is a litle bit other.

In my opinion it's only because of the low weight container and perhaps it's not so easy to find the right position for the arm, because there's contact between the gear rack an the LA mounting.

I checked out to use the new LA and efferman works on a new version.

The idea with a gear i also had, because the PF-M is working hard with full load. But i've seen no hooklift with this realistic kinematics wich can lift so much (ca. 1.8kg),

so i decided to live with small problems.

1280x720.jpg

Here you can see, the same kinematics is working smoother, the sound is the same.

Edited by HUWI