Sariel

42112 Concrete Mixer Truck [VIDEO REVIEW]

Nice review. Looks like a decent solid set and indeed a nice addition to the medium scale truck range. Only gripe I have is the unloading while driving backwards. Especially with this turning radius (so you have to move back and forth a few times to make a proper turn) I foresee lots of lost DBG 1l beams... A little ratchet should not have been too difficult...

Very nice review and great shots of the build. :thumbup:

However the overall look of the model just doesn't appeal to me that much... :-/

What do you mean at 2:20 when you write, that "...building the model requires keen attention."? Is it just the error of the bushing placement on the pistons?

That was an excellent review, I enjoyed it very much beside my morning coffee. Thank You! :thumbup: :classic:

I used 3L axles for motor "cylinders" in my attempt to 42112. Even with these I occasionally got that lock when the crankshaft catches the lower end instead of pushing it upwards.

Did you notice that in the 42114 Volvo there are 3L beams at the bottom which will effectively prevent this behaviour?

There should have been two 4x4 round lego dish or similar to finish off the white water tank.  It seems a bit raw looking.  Again, cost cutting here

Thanks for this great review it solved my issue with the pistons (after much self-doubt and deconstructive building).