Umbra-Manis

[ESL] The Execution of Zublius von Wreck

Zublius von Wreck had been enjoying himself. He'd been a successful independent captain for the last few months, greatly expanding his own fleet with prizes and terrorizing the high seas, regardless of the color of flag. If he had a little more sense, he might have retired comfortably, passed that Von Wreck title off to someone else, and the navies would have been none the wiser. Unfortunately, he's no Dread Pirate, and now the Eslandolans have their hands on him, and one could say his time is short, even shorter than the stub of a right leg he was left with after a cannon blew it to smithereens. Now he's the last man on the docket for this hanging, and the brick seas will be all the safer for the merchant minded. Farewell. 

The Execution of Zublius von WreckThe Execution of Zublius von Wreck

Feels good to build in the brick seas again! C&C Welcome!

Great build ! Nice scenette !

Finally ZvW had what he deserves ! :pir-skel:

I like the way how you did the hanging spots with life buoy piece. It's taking the piece totally at reverse from its initial use (saving lives... :pir-grin:)

Hearing the report of the execution of Zublius von Wreck, Corwin Ragnarsson paused in his reading, and muttered to himself "A true scoundrel if there ever was one. He lived his life fast, loose, and dangerous. May the Eternal Wind fill your sails in the next life." He then picked up his bottle of brandy, and poured some out in remembrance of ZvW (but not all of it it, that would be a waste :pir-huzzah1:).

Love the scene, and that is quite a unique style of gallows you have constructed. Seems like it would be a bit slower death than a traditional hanging....

Edited by Corweena

On board of the Octopus II somewhere on the Brick Seas, the crew was called on deck: "Bring the rum quartermaster! Friends, it has come to our ears, that a very welcomed guest in our settlements, a good customer of our rum & guns and an old friend to many of us, Zublius von Wreck has been caught by the imperials and will be hanged today. Let us all drink one to his honor, and remember his great deeds. For he brought freedom to many a sailor and justice to the tax-raising opressors. Better to die a free man than work to 1 day as a slave: to Zublius!" "TO ZUBLIUS"- the crew answered. 

4 hours ago, Faladrin said:

I like the way how you did the hanging spots with life buoy piece. It's taking the piece totally at reverse from its initial use (saving lives... :pir-grin:)

Exactly! Ironic. Cool build @Umbra-Manis and welcome back! 

I was hoping this result would be MOC'd! Great job and that is a lovely render.

Cool gallows and very interesting technique for the platform! Also very nice to see this result moc'ed.

16 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I was hoping this result would be MOC'd!

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

very nice to see this result moc'ed.

FYI, if npc pirate captures don't get moc'd before the next mrca, the pirates manage to escape. :pir-oh:

Good to see a MOC for such a notable event!  Pretty neat texture on the platform there.

Interesting how far that skeleton's head is from his body by the way. :pir-laugh:

On 7/16/2020 at 3:11 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Interesting build! I am sure Tom Hollander had some part in this pirate hanging crescento... :pir-tongue:

Considering I've been watching the PotC movies for the first time, he probably did! :pir-laugh:

On 7/16/2020 at 4:51 AM, Faladrin said:

Great build ! Nice scenette !

Finally ZvW had what he deserves ! :pir-skel:

Thanks! I hadn't even considered the twisted usage when I was building this :pir-tongue:

On 7/16/2020 at 5:35 AM, Corweena said:

Hearing the report of the execution of Zublius von Wreck, Corwin Ragnarsson paused in his reading, and muttered to himself "A true scoundrel if there ever was one. He lived his life fast, loose, and dangerous. May the Eternal Wind fill your sails in the next life." He then picked up his bottle of brandy, and poured some out in remembrance of ZvW (but not all of it it, that would be a waste :pir-huzzah1:).

Love the scene, and that is quite a unique style of gallows you have constructed. Seems like it would be a bit slower death than a traditional hanging....

I should hope pirates have a different afterlife, otherwise I feel he might have some well deceased greencoats after him! 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:45 AM, Fraunces said:

On board of the Octopus II somewhere on the Brick Seas, the crew was called on deck: "Bring the rum quartermaster! Friends, it has come to our ears, that a very welcomed guest in our settlements, a good customer of our rum & guns and an old friend to many of us, Zublius von Wreck has been caught by the imperials and will be hanged today. Let us all drink one to his honor, and remember his great deeds. For he brought freedom to many a sailor and justice to the tax-raising opressors. Better to die a free man than work to 1 day as a slave: to Zublius!" "TO ZUBLIUS"- the crew answered. 

Exactly! Ironic. Cool build @Umbra-Manis and welcome back! 

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not back for long (Thank you pushed up start of the semester :)))

On 7/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ayrlego said:

I was hoping this result would be MOC'd! Great job and that is a lovely render.

And indeed it was! Thank you

On 7/18/2020 at 2:03 AM, Bregir said:

Cool gallows and very interesting technique for the platform! Also very nice to see this result moc'ed.

Thanks Bregir! Twas born out of the intense building rush for Vignweek

On 7/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, Capt Wolf said:

FYI, if npc pirate captures don't get moc'd before the next mrca, the pirates manage to escape. :pir-oh:

Hmmm, we might need a bigger gallows

On 7/18/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kai NRG said:

Good to see a MOC for such a notable event!  Pretty neat texture on the platform there.

Interesting how far that skeleton's head is from his body by the way. :pir-laugh:

Thanks Kai! Maybe someone took a nice little kick at the head :pir-skel:

21 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I've been watching the PotC movies for the first time

:pir-oh: :pir-oh3: :pir-murder:

I must have watched each one at least 5-6 times :pir-tongue: