Joe's Cottage (and Joe's tow truck)

Joe is a lonely guy. He lives in his tan wooden cottage somewhere in the woods. His mates are birds and chickens. He loves driving his tow truck and he always helps people who are in breakdown on their way.
My latest creation was inspired by a Japanese model maker who makes little cottages and shacks in the woods.
I added few NPU like the speargun as light holder, pistons on the electricity pole, Ninjago hat on the chimney and some other even on the tow truck.
I tried to photograph the scene making it alive and warm, it seems to me there is a nice atmosphere due to the light sideways.

Take a moment to appreciate all the small details that all add up to this rustic scene.

50093659307_15c0f4424f_b.jpg

IMG_3309_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3314_3000-scaled.jpg

It was very funny building this and even more catching the details to insert via period pictures spotted on the web.

Hope you like it!

Absolutely adore this, it reminds me a lot of the abandoned houses in rural Oregon! All of the NPU were great choices btw!

Wow, great details everywhere! I especially like how the axe head is stuck into the stud on the log - I didn't know that connection was possible!

The whole thing is just great, and I especially like the tiling on the front for that weathered wood look.  And I agree that things like the axe stuck in the stump take it to another level of detail to enjoy.  Great build!  :classic:

On 7/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, RosehipDeity said:

Absolutely adore this, it reminds me a lot of the abandoned houses in rural Oregon! All of the NPU were great choices btw!

Thanks @RosehipDeity :wink:

On 7/15/2020 at 10:31 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Wow, great details everywhere! I especially like how the axe head is stuck into the stud on the log - I didn't know that connection was possible!

Thank you! Since the tomahawk is made of rubber, you can insert it into the hole of the tile round.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:45 PM, deraven said:

The whole thing is just great, and I especially like the tiling on the front for that weathered wood look.  And I agree that things like the axe stuck in the stump take it to another level of detail to enjoy.  Great build!  :classic:

Thanks a bucng for your kind words @deraven :thumbup:

On 7/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, DOOM! said:

Awesome build! uniquely cool. :)

Thank you!

On 7/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, Fjonin said:

this is absolutely brilliant! luv it!

Thanks!

On 7/17/2020 at 2:20 AM, Tim_AZ said:

Love it. 

Thanks!

On 7/17/2020 at 2:47 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Really cool stylistic choices, I really enjoy the feel of the build.  

Thanks! I worked a lot on photography to get the best light and the right atmosphere.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:55 AM, carebear said:

as always Amazing Work!

the outhouse and the chimney are my favorite

greetings!

Thanks a bunch!

22 hours ago, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Amazing build! (The only thing that bothers me is the scale of the door in comparison with the minifig)

Thanks! Yes, you are probably right. This often happens with Minifig which are themselves off-scale.

12 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

By now I'm learning to recognize your sublime style!

I like the detail of this building but above all I like how you made real the atmosphere of decadence and abandon! :wub:

Thank you very much my friend! Very appreciated. I love that kind of atmosphere :sweet:

11 hours ago, gylman said:

Love it. This should be a LEGO ideas set.  I'd buy it!

Thanks! Happy to hear that :laugh:

Really cool creation, with very interesting part use ( the lampposts :thumbup: , the bush in the barrel, all the blades on the tow truck )

The colors are inspired and I love this old school style. Great job !

Oh my gawd I so love that truck! And the whole setup is so beautiful. Now, for some reason, It took me towards building houses in Sims. I think it is because of the truck, it looks similar to the truck from Sims 2 XD

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Really cool creation, with very interesting part use ( the lampposts :thumbup: , the bush in the barrel, all the blades on the tow truck )

The colors are inspired and I love this old school style. Great job !

Thanks for your remarks @Professor Thaum :thumbup:

5 hours ago, MartaFischer said:

Oh my gawd I so love that truck! And the whole setup is so beautiful. Now, for some reason, It took me towards building houses in Sims. I think it is because of the truck, it looks similar to the truck from Sims 2 XD

Thank you ! TBH I don't know Sims but I trust you:wink: