Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl - Ch III - Cat D - MOC Only] A surprising change of wind

Challenge III Category D

A surprising change of wind

zSbNAmih.jpg

Here comes the Big Apple, a heavy Galleon armed to help Carno in their war by the MAESTRO Company.

The vessel is sailing quite heavily by a good wind which just changed from East to south south-west.

rSoMb2Vh.jpg

Here comes the Golden Dragon, a light Lotii recon Junk, trying to manoeuver correctly in the high waters around the island of El Oleonda. Their strategy was to spy the moves of the Carnite fleet and their allies.

Unfortunately for them, the wind suddenly changed to south south-west and the Junk turned its prow to correctly catch a new stream of this changing wind. But too late...

5uHLv2Wh.jpg

NQGrBaFh.jpg

Halas for the Lotii Junk ! The Big Apple Galleon caught the wind immediately and managed to reach the usually swift junk at Canon range !

The lotii soldiers prepared themselves for the defense but facing a such big fish is just a desperate move...

zqfP43zh.jpg

xjscVgph.jpg

1vAQsOrh.jpg

And the inevitable shock hurt badly the lotii junk leaving it devastated by a single broadside shot !

yhqX0jch.jpg

Here is my Cat D entry !

I finally had time to finish the junk at time...

Hope you'll like both of the ships ! :pir_laugh2:

Of course the Galleon will be licensed as a Class 6 Galleon by Felipe de la Manzana.

More pics in the spoiler :

Spoiler

xzO7AqRh.jpg

ojuHVivh.jpg

R2ENWgzh.jpg

Awesome!  The galleon has a very massive feel to it that you pulled off well.

14 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great ships!:thumbup:

Thank you !

14 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wonderful galeon !

A killer class D entry for sure !

Thank you !

I hope it is ... :pir-sweet:

10 hours ago, Techam said:

Awesome!  The galleon has a very massive feel to it that you pulled off well.

Thanks !

I've made it close to those heavy silver transports galleons we could have seen in spain during the first part of the 16th century.

There are still reproductions and copies you could visit in Europe. For example this one :

441805-visitez-el-galeon-replique-d-un-g

Fantastic junk and the big Apple is also very nice. I would only raise the masts a little. But the details are terrificly good.

Great entry! I love the galleon! And the Lotus ship is very attractive as well--I like the curve of the rail you worked into it. Great job!

4 hours ago, Faladrin said:

There are still reproductions and copies you could visit in Europe. For example this one :

441805-visitez-el-galeon-replique-d-un-g

That ship (El Galleon) visited Chicago a few years ago and I was able to go on board. :pir-grin:

On 7/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, Fraunces said:

Fantastic junk and the big Apple is also very nice. I would only raise the masts a little. But the details are terrificly good.

Thank you !

On 7/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great entry! I love the galleon! And the Lotus ship is very attractive as well--I like the curve of the rail you worked into it. Great job!

That ship (El Galleon) visited Chicago a few years ago and I was able to go on board. :pir-grin:

Thank you !

I saw El Galeon went to France in 2019 but I've missed it. Halas for me... :pir-cry_sad:

Perhaps I'll have a chance to get on board of it one day ...

On 7/18/2020 at 11:47 PM, Faladrin said:

I saw El Galeon went to France in 2019 but I've missed it. Halas for me...

Ouais c'était à Rouen... trop loin pour moi aussi :pir_wacko::pir-sing:   mais j'avoue que c'était tentant...

That galleon's looks really nice and is instantly recognizable as a galleon, even for a nautical layman such as myself :laugh: . It looks really massive!

The junk is well-built, too, but I prefer the galleon.

Both ships are well designed and are very pleasing to my eyes but I think I will vote in favor of the junk!

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 7/20/2020 at 1:48 PM, Khorne said:

That galleon's looks really nice and is instantly recognizable as a galleon, even for a nautical layman such as myself :laugh: . It looks really massive!

The junk is well-built, too, but I prefer the galleon.

Thank you !

So we have 1 vote for the Galleon here .... :pir_laugh2:

On 7/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Both ships are well designed and are very pleasing to my eyes but I think I will vote in favor of the junk!

Thanks !

And 1 vote for the Junk there ! :pir-grin:

Arrrr... Which is the best ... :pir-laugh::iamded_lol:

Fantastic work, @Faladrin, your ships just keep getting better!  The rear windows and the hatches of the junk are great, as well as the curved section at the deck and the spinner top!  The junk's crew is very appropriate and looks great as well, but I do think that my vote has to go for the galleon - I'm just loving that ship! :wub:  Prow, to broadside, to stern, to those checkered sections and the green and gold that totally nail the Eslandolan look - fabulous work, mate! 

On 8/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, jan kusters said:

Great ships, but I like that junk especially!

Thank you !

That's another point for the junk...:pir-laugh:

On 8/4/2020 at 8:33 PM, Garmadon said:

Fantastic work, @Faladrin, your ships just keep getting better!  The rear windows and the hatches of the junk are great, as well as the curved section at the deck and the spinner top!  The junk's crew is very appropriate and looks great as well, but I do think that my vote has to go for the galleon - I'm just loving that ship! :wub:  Prow, to broadside, to stern, to those checkered sections and the green and gold that totally nail the Eslandolan look - fabulous work, mate! 

And just a great comment from you ! All my thanks to you mate !

That's a Big great point for the Galleon then... :pir-grin: