Here are detailed introductions to this work:

-Long 47,Wide 21 (Lego unit)

-2 × “control+ L motors” for propulsion

-1 × “control+ L motors” for steering

-LEGO Bluetooth control module

-Front and rear independent suspension

-Technic parts build chassis, Brick parts build appearance
1920x1080.jpg

When designing this car, there are two main points, one is the suspension, the other is the appearance.
The size of CONTROL+ components is very large, while LMP racing car is very low, so the Bluetooth hub is put in the middle, the front bridge module is on the front side, the drive motor is placed on both sides, and the layout of the rear bridge module is on the rear side. Otherwise, the height will exceed the limit and the appearance production will be affected.

800x450.jpg

In a real LMP car, the driver's seat is not centered but, by habit, left or right. So I put the driver's seat on the left and the steering motor on the right in a symmetrical position. The CONTROL motor has a built-in code disk, so the L motor can be used as a servo motor and can be customized with Powered UP.
1920x1080.jpg

The motors on both sides drive the wheels on both sides respectively, and the transmission systems on both sides are independent. This also eliminates the differential. The power of the motor is first transmitted to the middle shaft through four 16-tooth gears, and then to the wheels. To prevent transmission interference, 16 teeth on both sides are staggered by 1 unit.
1920x1080.jpg

For the design of the exterior, I pay more attention to the continuity of the lines of the vehicle. In some places, in order to better shape the curved surface, the Technic parts are used. Brick parts are not dominant in the construction of some complex curved surfaces, but cylindrical and flat surfaces are basically preferred.
1920x1080.jpg
I made my first attempt to add a clear windshield to the MOC. The windshield comes from 76139 (1989 Bat Mobile), and a black printed vertical line in the middle is worn away. In practice, the windshield is slightly lower in height and the front is too steep. But I couldn't find a better one than to 3D print one.
1920x1081.jpg

Here is a more detailed picture, hope you can enjoy it.

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

The LMP race car has a drop-shaped cab, which I tried to recreate with Lego.
1920x1080.jpg

Some airflow channels are left on the side.
1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

Front and rear
1920x1080.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

The Building Insitructions will be released in the near future, so stay tuned!

Thanks for browsing!Thank you!

Edited by dls7223685

it looks like a scale model, very difficult to recognize it is Lego!
It is more a "model team" bodiwork, but I like the use of some technic panels.

I like it very much!

Model Team look with some great functionality under the attractive shell - what's not to like?  Very nice!  :classic:

I love the Acura/Azura word play! (And the car)

Edited by Go-Kart

Amazing MOC, Creator Expert levels of body work (or even better considering some recent expert sets), with a fully capable technic chassis underneath

On 7/15/2020 at 11:07 PM, mpj said:

it looks like a scale model, very difficult to recognize it is Lego!
It is more a "model team" bodiwork, but I like the use of some technic panels.

I like it very much!

Thanks for your liking it!

On 7/16/2020 at 12:03 AM, deraven said:

Model Team look with some great functionality under the attractive shell - what's not to like?  Very nice!  :classic:

Thanks for your liking it!

While I have nothing with racing cars in general, I have to admit I very much like this one and would like to build it someday. Do you have any video of it driving? I'd be very interested to see how it performs with the PU motors.

Great MOC with perfect shaping (and functionality is as it is supposed for a car) :thumbup:

On 8/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Verodin said:

While I have nothing with racing cars in general, I have to admit I very much like this one and would like to build it someday. Do you have any video of it driving? I'd be very interested to see how it performs with the PU motors.

Thanks for your liking it!The video is still being recorded, but the building instructions has been completed and we will release it at a suitable time.