Sign in to follow this  
Jerry LEGO Creations

[MOC] 1:10 Aston Martin Vantage AMR

Hi all!

I wanted to share my newest creation with you:

800x533.jpg.6d5feb6c5df0fb8bf8fed52a840cf0e4.jpg

It is an Aston Martin Vantage AMR, built in a 1:10 scale.

For more images, see: BrickSafe.

I started building this model in May last year, and after a lot of building, rebuilding and some breaks, it is finally finished.

I wanted this car to be have more functions than my previous one, the Lamborghini, while also building it more rigid. Both of those requirements were met :)

It comes with the following features:

• Custom V8
  • 4 Speed realistic manual gearbox
  • Suspension with anti-rollbars on all wheels
  • Working steering
  • Openable doors, bonnet and trunk
  • Lockable doors
  • Adjustable seats
  • Detailed interior

I'm really happy with how the gearbox turned out. It runs without much friction, even in first gear.

I would like to hear your feedback, so I know where to improve on my next MOC.

If you want to see more about the gearbox, door locks or seats, progress on the car, please check out the following links:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me :)

~Jerry LEGO creations

Edited by Jerry LEGO Creations
Added the link to the seats

I love 1:10 scale, it gives enough room for functions, while maintains 'small' enough to provide a decent challenge to get it all to fit together.

You really did a great job on this car, it's very recognizable. I especially like the rear end. The front also has all the key characteristics, but somehow lacks a bit of personality. It's probably because the parts used for the grille and lights are a bit out of scale for this size.

Also impressive functions all around. Personally I am not a big fan of custom engines like these (the classic blocks seem perfect for 1:10 & 1:8 scale), but I can understand why you used it here.

In terms of bodywork techniques, I would try to avoid this amount of 'beam-stacking' in the roof and bonnet, it makes the overall look a bit busy. It's not a big deal though, it would be more apparent in other colors, black is the most 'forgiving' color. If you would have placed the beams lenghtwise instead of transverse (to the cars orientation) it would also be a bit smoother to the eye. But all-in-all, you did great, there is not a whole lot to further improve I think.

1 hour ago, onzenuub said:

Great build.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

I love 1:10 scale, it gives enough room for functions, while maintains 'small' enough to provide a decent challenge to get it all to fit together.

You really did a great job on this car, it's very recognizable. I especially like the rear end. The front also has all the key characteristics, but somehow lacks a bit of personality. It's probably because the parts used for the grille and lights are a bit out of scale for this size.

Also impressive functions all around. Personally I am not a big fan of custom engines like these (the classic blocks seem perfect for 1:10 & 1:8 scale), but I can understand why you used it here.

In terms of bodywork techniques, I would try to avoid this amount of 'beam-stacking' in the roof and bonnet, it makes the overall look a bit busy. It's not a big deal though, it would be more apparent in other colors, black is the most 'forgiving' color. If you would have placed the beams lenghtwise instead of transverse (to the cars orientation) it would also be a bit smoother to the eye. But all-in-all, you did great, there is not a whole lot to further improve I think.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it! I agree with the points you mentioned. I also prefer the rear over the front.

In my next build, I wanted to see if I could fit the classic lego engine blocks, but I just couldn't fit that here with the gearbox and all. And for the bodywork, I tried to close the gaps as much as possible, and this way could achieve that the best, although I do understand your point, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again :)

Great job.  I actually like the front, very characteristic of the actual vehicle.  You fit a lot of functions into a 1:10 scale model, which is refreshing given the amount of 1:8 models we are seeing these days.  Pleasure to view.

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Great job.  I actually like the front, very characteristic of the actual vehicle.  You fit a lot of functions into a 1:10 scale model, which is refreshing given the amount of 1:8 models we are seeing these days.  Pleasure to view.

Thank you! Indeed, I don't think the front is bad, it is just that I think the rear is better. And I'd like to see some more 1:10 scale cars as well, it has enough space to fit functions, but it is challenging to fit them all in.

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Excellant

Thanks!

Huge bonus points for including anti roll bars! Details like this are ignored on most supercar mocs... brilliant to see!!!

46 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Huge bonus points for including anti roll bars! Details like this are ignored on most supercar mocs... brilliant to see!!!

Thanks! I agree, it's not much work to do, but it just adds a lot to do small details like this

2 hours ago, Jerry LEGO Creations said:

And I'd like to see some more 1:10 scale cars as well, it has enough space to fit functions, but it is challenging to fit them all in.

1:10 is my favorite scale for cars! I have 3 different 1:10 car projects in the works simultaneously (not based on real cars), but I can't get myself to finish them at the moment, other smaller builds are consuming most of my time... My current focus is mostly on gearbox configurations (trying to fit a properly working 8-speed in a 1:10 is a daunting challenge..), but I think I might have to switch my attention to suspensions a bit more after that. A lot is still possible in this scale.

11 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

1:10 is my favorite scale for cars! I have 3 different 1:10 car projects in the works simultaneously (not based on real cars), but I can't get myself to finish them at the moment, other smaller builds are consuming most of my time... My current focus is mostly on gearbox configurations (trying to fit a properly working 8-speed in a 1:10 is a daunting challenge..), but I think I might have to switch my attention to suspensions a bit more after that. A lot is still possible in this scale.

Haha, good luck! Suspension was something I wanted to improve on in the next one. I also want to see if it is possible to fit a paddle shifter in a 1:10 scale, so it is going to be a fun chalenge :)

I want to build an Aston Martin Vantage GTE with the limited pieces I have to go alongside my modified 42096 and 42125. It will probably be black and white. Your model will be a great inspiration.

42096 and 42125 already look great together. 

IMG_5756

IMG_5758

IMG_5759

Edited by -_-Husky-_-

On 1/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, -_-Husky-_- said:

I want to build an Aston Martin Vantage GTE with the limited pieces I have to go alongside my modified 42096 and 42125. It will probably be black and white. Your model will be a great inspiration.

42096 and 42125 already look great together.

Oh I bet that will look amazing! Please share a picture when it is finished :)