Detroit, the near future...   yeah well, not really, actually - it's 1987 and one of the best movies ever was released: Robocop! The future of law enforcement. Part man, part machine, all cop.

This is my attempt to recreate one of my most beloved movie characters and I tried to add as much accuracy, details and features as I could. Robo stands approximately 24cm/9.5inches tall and features about 25+ points of articulation for simple recreation of memorable poses from the movies. He comes with lots of accessories, many of which can be stored inside his leg holsters (...yes, he includes an opening leg holster, one each leg! A must!!): His regular gun, the Auto-9, which can be "upgraded" with the iconic triple fire effect, the data spike (not retractable, sorry), also interchangeable heads with/without helmet (the helmeted version is designed so you can use just the top half to recreate the "take off helmet without chin guard" scene) and I also included his flamethrower arm (but not his jetpack... yet...?).

The whole build turned out to be surprisingly solid, highly poseable with great playability. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

(You can visit https://bricksafe.com for many more pics and https://rebrickable.com for the parts list/instructions, should you want a Robo for yourself. Thanks.)

Also super happy and exited to announce the full set (including all parts & instructions v7) is now available @ buildamoc.com! Thanks to all who support my designs by purchasing from legit MOC stores.

640x960.png

400x533.jpg400x533.jpg

400x300.jpg400x300.jpg

640x640.jpg

Edited by DoubleBU
New pic (movie poster)

8 hours ago, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Great! Really love the inclusion of the space in his leg for the gun.

Thanks for the positive feedback! The leg holster was in fact the very first aspect when I came up with the idea of this build - it's so iconic, it HAD to be there! So the size of the whole build was actually defined by the opening leg holster feature.

And even though it's not really movie accurate there's also an opening holster in his other leg, too, for storage of his data spike and the 3 flames for the gun firing effect. (Don't like accessories just lying around...)

Thanks again for all the positive feedback!

The opening holster was one of the main features I absolutely wanted to incorporate into a Lego Robo model. I managed to build something functional and visually acceptable. However, if anyone can come up with a more sophisticated, more movie accurate design in the same size (the thigh is 8 studs in length and 4 studs wide, gun fits into a 2x4x1 compartment), please feel free to share your ideas. Always looking forward to improve this build.

It was finally time for some Lego Robo upgrades -- one flamethrower arm & one jet-pack coming up...

1280x720.jpg640x480.jpg

1920x3413.jpg

1920x3413.jpg

1280x720.jpg

"I believe I can fly...... I believe I can touch the sky....."  [*quote R.(obocop) Kelly]*

Thanks for checking out Robo's latest hardware. You can also find them here as free instructions download. HF building.

Edited by DoubleBU

Truly an incredible model; do you have a handle on how long it took you to assemble? I can imagine that it was several hours...

Thanks very much!

No, I don't exactly remember how long it took for the first finished prototype, mainly because Robo is one of my favorite movie characters of all time and I had too much fun designing, tweaking and building him, so I wasn't really bothered with time ;) I'd say all in all a couple of days (with breaks, of course, and not counting the wait for all required parts I had to order). But all that time was worth it seeing how some weird building ideas* eventually came together quite pleasantly and surprisingly smoothly...

*the leg holsters, chest assembly, hip plus ab joints, collapsible Auto-9 etc.