Hi everyone,

Here is my newest MOC: A trophy truck.

This moc is based on a trophy truck designed by TSCO, here is its introduction page: https://www.race-dezert.com/home/tsco-racing-aussie-trophy-truck-157676.html

The specs:

2xL motor for drive

1 servo motor for steering

Realistic and robust frame

Double wishbone front suspension

3 link rear suspension

Video:

Instructions:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-50190/falconluan/tsco-racing-aussie-trophy-truck/#comments

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

I'm trying to make the look of the car as authentic as I can, especially for the frame part. Here are some comparison pics:

tsco-shoot-aussie-0256.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0275.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0282.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0287.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0099.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0310.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0471.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0041.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Am working on the shell now, please stay tuned.

Any feedback is welcomed!

Thanks for watching!

Edited by falconluan

1 hour ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

Looks great, realistic proportions. Will there be instructions or an lxf/io file? 

Glad you like it :laugh:

I'll make instructions and put it on RB once its shell is finished.

Oh man, this looks so great. I actually planned to do a similar truck with exactly these tires :D

Is it possible to replace the spare wheel if necessary? I don't remember whether the hubs are compatible with this kind of wheel, or not.

Good start. 

Will those shock absrobers really work? Black one were soft, or You changed springs?

25 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Good start. 

Will those shock absrobers really work? Black one were soft, or You changed springs?

Without the shell, they can support the weight barely enough. But with the shell putting on in the future, I may have to switch to the hard yellow ones. I'm trying to make the suspension as soft as possible to let the car bounce as the real ones.

1 hour ago, Parazels said:

Is it possible to replace the spare wheel if necessary? I don't remember whether the hubs are compatible with this kind of wheel, or not.

The 68.7mm off road tires and the new bat tires on this car share the same wheel and wheel hub.

Just one question; real trophy truck has 40" tires, so translated to your chosen tires it looks like you made 1:15 scaled MOC, or my calculations are were wrong?

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Just one question; real trophy truck has 40" tires, so translated to your chosen tires it looks like you made 1:15 scaled MOC, or my calculations are were wrong?

Your calculations are correct. Although I didn't aim for specific scale numbers, I simply use the tire as the scaler and accept whatever scales it ends up to make sure the overall proportions are correct.

19 hours ago, falconluan said:

Without the shell, they can support the weight barely enough. But with the shell putting on in the future, I may have to switch to the hard yellow ones. I'm trying to make the suspension as soft as possible to let the car bounce as the real ones.

Usually the shocks on real Baja trucks are pre-compressed in order for it to keep contact to the ground even when jumping.

Edited by JoshsTechnicWorkshop
Added link.

3 hours ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

Usually the shocks on real Baja trucks are pre-compressed in order for it to keep contact to the ground even when jumping.

Didn't jumping mean leaving the ground? :D

Is this the place, where people can praise a Trophy Truck? If so, I'll jump in! :wink: :thumbup:

Finally, the shell is finished!

Again, some comparing shot with the real one:

tsco-shoot-aussie-0034.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0246.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0081.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0407.jpg

1280x720.jpg

tsco-shoot-aussie-0495.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Since the original pure white shell is some dull, I also made a slightly more colorful one. Which one do you like?:blush: I'll make the instructions and put it onto RB.

1280x720.jpg

Thanks for watching. Any comment and feedback is welcomed!

In all honesty I think you now Have lamb dressed up as mutton...IMO.

The paneling is ok...but it really ruins the beautiful chassis that you replicated exquisitely and seeing all the juicy technical details.

I guess the panels add rigidity at least?

9 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

In all honesty I think you now Have lamb dressed up as mutton...IMO.

The paneling is ok...but it really ruins the beautiful chassis that you replicated exquisitely and seeing all the juicy technical details.

I guess the panels add rigidity at least?

Haha, the shell is there just to finish the look. Like the real one, the shell adds little rigidity, it is attached to the frame by 4 connection points on the roof only and can easily be removed/installed.

The frame itself has enough rigidity to be played alone without the shell.

9 hours ago, JoshsTechnicWorkshop said:

Love it! Again, the proportions looks very accurate. Can't wait to see the car in action !

Thanks. I'll make a video soon however don't expect too much on the 2 L motors :pir-grin:

This is awesome, and personally, the appearance of the frame alone is much better than adding the shell. Excited for the video and instructions, I'd love to play around with this!

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
EDIT: I can't English...

Such a cool model! If it works as good as it looks, I can skip my plan on MOCing such a truck and wait for your instructions :-)

Haha,awesome,the frame part is really nice,整体分寸也把握的好.my English is so poor ;)

4 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

Haha,awesome,the frame part is really nice,整体分寸也把握的好.my English is so poor ;)

Er, seems like the frame is more welcomed than the shell. I'm thinking of making another shell, maybe some one based on the newly released Ford Bronco, it will be a little more attractive than the current version :wink:

1 hour ago, falconluan said:

嗯,看起來框架比外殼更受歡迎。我正在考慮製造另一個外殼,也許是基於新發布的福特Bronco的外殼,它將比當前版本更具吸引力 :眨眼:

en en,I expect it ...