SteamSewnEmpire

[moc] 1970s Western Alberta mixed freight (inc. CP Rail vista dome)

21 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

Brilliant use of those technic panels on the hopper!

I can't take credit for that. I saw a 6w moc where someone had done it using that same part. Getting them to work in LDD was... something of a trial (they're not set on their sides - they are angled about 16 degrees off center, and then pushed out slightly from where they are affixed to the car). It was too good an idea not to borrow - in fact, I think it's the best possible solution to that car (though, again, was not my idea).

The real problem was when I need to do the framing above that part - the 1x8 tiles? I had to use 1x1 round plates stacked 2 deep, 5 in a row to allow those tiles to adhere. Was a mess.

That's actually my favorite piece of rolling stock, though. However, my fiance likes the dome the best. 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

6 minutes ago, Merlict said:

What is the blue ''girder' wagon please?

It's a centerbeam lumber car - very common in parts of the Pacific Northwest and southeast US.

Empty they look like this:

latest?cb=20170920154502

Full like this:

packaged-lumber-on-centerbeam-flatcars-o

22 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I see a lot of those on my way to work. 

There's a line of about 30 of them stored in my town - pass them on the way to Starbucks most days. Off topic, but the yard they are stored in used to have a dedicated switching crew. No longer :/. At least it's still busy with freights waiting to depart. 

3 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

There's a line of about 30 of them stored in my town - pass them on the way to Starbucks most days. Off topic, but the yard they are stored in used to have a dedicated switching crew. No longer :/. At least it's still busy with freights waiting to depart. 

Yeah! Could do with one of those. That's the case in my town too. The locomotives fetch their own trains. That might cause some confusion there.