Sérgio

[MOD-WIP] Crocodile 10277

Hi, 

Its is rare for me to buy a Lego Set, since i´m more a MOC guy, however I see some potential On this Set, My personal opinion, this is the best train Lego put out since ever :laugh: however I think it need some work to look better.

I add and modified some stuff for my personal joy.

This is a work in progress, not the final version:

50092747258_5a0296c891_b.jpg

50097053057_c7cc03a697_b.jpg

50096243358_2ef4ccde73_b.jpg

50096243363_5931bc303d_b.jpg

Nice mods. It's a slippery slope though ... the mods you have made are based on the Ce 6/8 II, and bring the bodywork in line with that version. However, to make it a Ce 6/8 II, you will need to add another crankshaft between the front bogie/pony and the first large drive wheel, which is quite the challenge, not to mention the driving rod modifications necessary. Alternatively, you can undo a bunch of your mods and go for a Ce 6/8 III, which requires more handle bars on the running boards, but also requires a (simulated) door in the slanted side of the cab.

31 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Nice mods. It's a slippery slope though ... the mods you have made are based on the Ce 6/8 II, and bring the bodywork in line with that version. However, to make it a Ce 6/8 II, you will need to add another crankshaft between the front bogie/pony and the first large drive wheel, which is quite the challenge, not to mention the driving rod modifications necessary. Alternatively, you can undo a bunch of your mods and go for a Ce 6/8 III, which requires more handle bars on the running boards, but also requires a (simulated) door in the slanted side of the cab.

Thanks for the sugestions, i did this with the parts I have, to modified the rods I will have to buy more parts.

however its a Work In Progress :)

On 7/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, Phil B said:

After looking at a good few photos it seems to me that the Lego set is mostly based on the Ce 6/8 III but for some reason they're calling it a Ce 6/8 II. The bogies (inaccurate as they are) are from the III because as you pointed out they don't have the forward crankshaft. The grille layout is is also from the III. The only thing they've taken from the II is the layout of the cab doors. Removing a door on either side should be simple, adding steps in front of the middle driving wheel not so much...

On 7/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, Sérgio said:

this is the best train Lego put out since ever

He Sergio,

same here! I am really impressed, I must say.

I like your modding very much, particularly the greebling. Nice.

With regard to the "gap" I did the same thing, just to find out that many others have done that already. However, I have replaced the 1x4 tiles on the 1x4 plate with two 1x1 and one 1x2 cheese slopes. As said: As others have done. It makes the gap even narrower - without compromising driving performance.

Will closely follow your WIP!

Best
Thorsten

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

He Sergio,

same here! I am really impressed, I must say.

I like your modding very much, particularly the greebling. Nice.

With regard to the "gap" I did the same thing, just to find out that many others have done that already. However, I have replaced the 1x4 tiles on the 1x4 plate with two 1x1 and one 1x2 cheese slopes. As said: As others have done. It makes the gap even narrower - without compromising driving performance.

Will closely follow your WIP!

Best
Thorsten

I saw that mods two, but I don't have that parts yet,

the next big step maybe will be correct the rods

So many brilliant modifications. 

Also, have you thought of changing the grey base (the plates above the wheels) to black?

Just realised the actual locomotive is black all the way down. 

2 hours ago, Carefree_Dude said:

Sergio what shelves do you use to display the trains?

They are called MOSSLANDA from IKEA, and they came in twodiferent sizes 55cm or 105cm

2 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

You're the man @Sérgio ...very nice MOD! :thumbup:

Thank you, You are always very kind :classic:

29 minutes ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

So many brilliant modifications. 

Also, have you thought of changing the grey base (the plates above the wheels) to black?

Just realised the actual locomotive is black all the way down. 

Yes I thought, I know the original is black, but I will leave DBG, I already have a brown/black stuff (3 old passenger cars), and I don't like to repeat much color schemes :)
48036073061_89077d7c71_z.jpg

13 hours ago, Sérgio said:

They are called MOSSLANDA from IKEA, and they came in twodiferent sizes 55cm or 105cm

Got a few of them in the Lego room as well, perfect for trains.

Have some in the kitchen too, they're also a great size for mugs ;-)

On 7/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, Sérgio said:

Some updates:

50104236152_b377eb1891_b.jpg

50112389182_712803ecf7_b.jpg

Hello there!

Amazing customization!

I really like how you closed the ugly gap between the sections of the train.

Can you please tell me where i can find the special green bricks?

Thanks & kind regards,

Mad

Those green/darkgreen are 32952. But it should work well wit a single 32952 and a single 22885, too. And it does not need to be green, due to those parts being hidden by other parts.

@BillytheKid, great to hear that it works for you. But maybe you should not revive a 2020 topic for only mentioning that.

@JopieK, sorry. Maybe a picture better :D . Still need to order a non original vinyl sticker for the display. Working on that :P .

img0321.jpg

Edited by BillytheKid